Israel vs Palestine

Nomrombom

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the grande scheme of things I view the Palestinian cause more righteous.

Sometimes Israelis are just too [bleep]y.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

In the grande scheme of things I view the Palestinian cause more righteous.

Sometimes Israelis are just too [bleep]y.

Amen.

There's too much to say against Israel, just google "Israeli war crimes" or "Israeli humanitarian violations" and one will get the message. I feel that often the Palestinian side is demonized and Israeli atrocities are kept out of the American press for obvious reasons. I know from a societal standpoint, it's simply inexcusable to speak bad about Israel otherwise you are a terrorist, as I have been told many times, although dropping white phosphate on civilians as a "smokescreen" is completely not terrorizing at all. I also feel a lot of American support of Israel is rooted in simply American ignorance, such as was aptly put in the Political Discussion group at my school, the "war in the middle east" is occurring because Al Qaeda attacked Israel because they don't like Israel because the Palestinians tried to steal Israel's land, or something.

Edit: Oh, and if there is anyone who would like to say Israel has no fault, then they have obviously never seen Gaza. If anyone would like to see a concentration camp, Gaza is your destination.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

israel won their territory. just like most countries that exist today.

And now they have to defend it, like all countries today.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Israel won't give up any land and no return of refugees

The land was conquered after 12 Arab armies surrounded its borders with the saying "we will drive them into the sea" then Egypt started the war by closing the Straits of Tiran which under international law is a act if war in return Israel fought back and liberated Gaza, The West Bank and the Golan heights it later returned the Sinai Peninsula but it has no reason to go back to the 1967 borders it was won under international law

In 1947 1,002,270 Jew were expelled from their homes in the Arab countries and from the Palestinian Mandate 826,000 fled their homes with encouragement from their leaders that they would return as conquers and liberators Israel accepted the Jewish refuges why should the Arabs do the same?

36601.jpg

I like how two isreali flags popped up as avatars lol

I'm pro-Israeli, but I understand they are not without fault.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm pro-Israeli, but I understand they are not without fault.

What do you mean?

As far as the Palestinians are concerned, it's their holy land too, and Israel seems to be fighting to kick them all out of the country, which I don't find any more morally correct than the Palestinians throwing the Jews out. There is no true "good" side to an over dramatized gang war. Though, being Jewish myself I'd prefer Israel wins.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

As far as the Palestinians are concerned, it's their holy land too, and Israel seems to be fighting to kick them all out of the country, which I don't find any more morally correct than the Palestinians throwing the Jews out. There is no true "good" side to an over dramatized gang war. Though, being Jewish myself I'd prefer Israel wins.

Israel isn't kicking anyone out of the country.

36601.jpg

My understanding of the situation is the Palestinians lived in the land, Israel was given the land after WWII, Palestinians want the land back.

Then fighting till the end of time. I am too ignorant of the situation to offer an opinion but can anyone clarify if I have the facts right or if I am missing any crucial information?

First off over 100,000 of the Arabs that lived in Israel before 1947 immigrated there in the 1930s to take advantage of the economy there which was the best in the region so there weren't born there and it wasn't their home land. Second the land never belong to the "Palestinians" because Palestine never existed. After the land was conquered over 2000 years ago by the Romans from the Jews it then belong to many different empires it never was on its own.

36601.jpg

israel won their territory. just like most countries that exist today.

Except no, because it was the UN who gave Israel their territory. Know who that territory belonged to before that? Palestine. Who got told to get the [bleep] out, because jews, who were a minority, were getting a majority of the lands.

16185_s.gif

Except no, because it was the UN who gave Israel their territory. Know who that territory belonged to before that? Palestine. Who got told to get the [bleep] out, because jews, who were a minority, were getting a majority of the lands.

Before the land belong to Israel is belong to the British empire under the "Palestine Mandate" not the country of Palestine. Before the the British empire was the Ottoman empire. There never was a county called "Palestine" it never existed never will.

As for the majority and minority of the land yes a couple hundreds thousand of Jews immigrated to Israel before 1947 but also a hundred thousand crabs did to so you are leaving out details.

36601.jpg

It's the compromising attitude of the Israeli state as exemplified by the post above which has lead to such amicable relations between the two states.

i am not sure i understand you 100 percent but if i did then you are saying the what i am saying is the source of the issue? could you help em out here and explain yourself?

36601.jpg

"There was never a country called "Palestine" it never existed never will"

Yes I realise there are Palestinians who would say Israel shouldn't exist, but Israel aren't constantly being branded terrorists, so what's their excuse?

"There was never a country called "Palestine" it never existed never will"

Yes I realise there are Palestinians who would say Israel shouldn't exist, but Israel aren't constantly being branded terrorists, so what's their excuse?

The different is that Israel is real Palestine isn't it never has been.

Israel aren't constantly being branded terrorists, so what's their excuse?

36601.jpg

Well, I don't really know who's right here, I mean I see both sides.

Unfortunately, I don't see this conflict being over short of a genocide. Yay.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Obama only last week proposed boudaries that imply the state of Palestine is very much real.

Baring in mind how influential US support has been to Israel over the years, are you suggesting the leader of the Free World is wrong in his opinion?

Obama only last week proposed boudaries that imply the state of Palestine is very much real.

Baring in mind how influential US support has been to Israel over the years, are you suggesting the leader of the Free World is wrong in his opinion?

While I agree that Palestine does have a right to exist(as a state), I feel obligated to point out this is a very weak argument. Just because the president says something doesn't necessarily make it true.

polvCwJ.gif

Unfortunately, I don't see this conflict being over short of a genocide. Yay.

short of a genocide?

Yes obama is wrong he has no right to tell Israel what to do. The 1947 lines were called armistice lines not borders which was a temporary cease fire the border never was agreed upon later Israel liberated the rest of the British mandate land in a war its enemy started. So yes Obama has no right to tell a country in which has wasn't elected for what to do he can suggest but that is it. Second because Obama says something 300,000+ People have to be expelled from their homes?

36601.jpg

My intention, Y Guy, was simply to point out that international consensus--the same consensus which lead to the state of Israel to exist in the first place--is that Palestine *is* a state.

Homes which were purposefully placed there in settlements, yes?

Short of a genocide, yes. Neither side has shown much, if any willingness to compromise, so the only way I conceivably see this problem being solved is if the international community just lets them go to war, which would end up being a slaughter of Palestinians, which would then infuriate the rest of the middle east, etc. etc....

Things just don't look good.

polvCwJ.gif