Dragonfire shield or blessed spirit shield or nothing

Raiouken

Raiouken.png

It's price dropped from 20m to 14m since I quit so I've been wondering whether I should buy it. I have around 24m. I have a book of balance and I was wondering if the Dragonfire shield would be more useful for slayer and minigames where I use range / mage.

Thoughts?

Also, I don't really like to melee.

It's a good shield, for pvp and bosshunting and wyverns, and probably one of the better tank pieces in defence bonus per -range attack. Then again you could consider a blessed spirit shield, which is much cheaper and has prayer bonus. I personally think the dfs is worth it if you do the sort of thing a dfs is good at, 14m isn't too much for the upgrade over obsidian/bss/chaos considering the +7 strength.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

23 summoning and 60 prayer for a shield would increase my combat from 91 to 94.. I do enjoy p2p activites so I'm not so sure about that. It is a very good shield though, to be honest.

I wouldn't need the strength bonus, that's true.

Any other opinions?

I just realised you need 75 def for the dragonfire shield... maybe I'll go with blessed spirit shield. I changed my topic title anyway.

Actually a dragon defender would serve you best, especially at your levels you really won't be fighting much that would make you need those types of shields.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Wouldn't a void deflector be better?

The blessed spirit shield really does seem like a good idea - it has much better defense bonuses than both the deflector and defender, but it does come with increased combat level..

If your book of balace has all pages, it will offer the best range bonus for any item that is held in the shield position. Although the defence is alot lower then the DFS but you can counter this with armadyl legs.

"Kevs me best mate we do all sorts of [bleep] together like last week we went down to basshill drive in and kev was like Oi! what are all you [bleep]Heads Watchin!"

I guess everyone didn't read the part where it says range/mage...

Any who, if you don't want to raise your defense/summoning/prayer, use an Unholy Book for +8 range or keep using your Book of Balance for +4 attack/defense stats; especially if you're using safespots where defense hardly matters.

If you do feel like increasing combat, I would personally go for a Dragonfire Shield for more defense, 72 crush, plus the whole "absorbing most of the dragonfire" deal those things get. A lot better for tanking bosses and such.

If you're just doing slayer, a Blessed Spirit Shield would probably be better. +3 prayer bonus, 73 crush defense(if I'm not mistaken, most melee monsters use a crush attack) and no negative range/mage bonuses. Plus it is quite a bit cheaper allowing you to invest in other skills or items.

soulthresher.png

IF you are going to mage/range without taking damage, then use guthix book, but consider getting a zammy book

In cases where you're taking damage, BSS would be better for BOTH mage and range. DFS has - to magic and range attack, while BSS does not

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

If you have the money then go for it! On low atk/safespot monster use guthix book, On a high damage monster with no safespot use DFS. It would be godly for minigames if you face higher level players then you.

Its also good for green dragons if you ever need money.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I strongly reccomend DFS I bought one when it was 30m and thought it was worth it, so at 14m more then 50% the price it is deffinately worth it.

DatSik_Macht.png

The blessed spirit shield would probably be better, but I'd have 2 more combat which might not be worth it. I'd have 1 more combat with the DFS, so maybe I'll go for that.

Unholy book is way too expensive..