F2P WORLDS NEED MORE UPDATES IN SKILLS (plz post)

lymnli

i no jagex is trying to give f2p worlds the basic things to get us to pay and get the membership..but there are just too many things a non-member cant do. ... a lvl 90 f2p mage can only do fire blasts....and have to wear the robes that lvl 3 mages wear??....look at members...they got tons of areas to explore and even more rare stuff to get.....when was a new f2p quest added??....dunno how long ago....... F2P players should try more stuff and get the whole picture....so jagex will get alot more players both p2p and f2p....and evey1 will be happy!! (um not sure about the p2p players....lol)

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

cxhano2.gif

<(--=\\ CHAMILITARY MAYNE //=--)>

Oh Lord... another post posted by an ungrateful person!

Logic: JAGeX won't update Free Worlds because they need to attract people to Members. They are a business, so they would want to make money, would they not?

Emotional: You are selfish. JAGeX made a Free World for your entertainment: for FREE. You don't have to pay them anything, and you ask for more?? That is just as bad as a beggar who got some stuff, and ask the person for "m00r3 p10x!" Be grateful this game is already free, and stop your whining.

Off-Topic: This thread would either attract a lot of flaming, or be locked. I suggest the latter be done ASAP.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

ya..but ppl arent attracted to what the free worlds offer......

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

cxhano2.gif

<(--=\\ CHAMILITARY MAYNE //=--)>

Then why are there more people playing on the free worlds than on the pay worlds?

I agree. f2p should get more updates.

But Jegax is lazy when it comes to some things like customer service and f2p.

So you think they should spend their time and money supporting people who are too cheap to pay $5 a month and don't give a damn about supporting their business.

qwerty4242.png

Then why are there more people playing on the free worlds than on the pay worlds?

Because either they either don't have a credit/debit card, their parents won't pay/let them pay, or they don't have the extra cash to get it another way. Then there's also the reason that maybe they don't want to get members.

So you think they should spend their time and money supporting people who are too cheap to pay $5 a month and don't give a damn about supporting their business.

*Points at answer above* And he's right about Customer service sucking really bad. I sent 3 letters on F2P and got the same auto-msg saying to get members. And then when I got members they were too stupid to answer it, and simply sent back a letter telling me I should be more clear with my queries.

From a business standpoint Jagex is going in the right direction to get people to pay, but it ain't as good as they make it out to be.

To lymnli: Then why, are you playing Runescape if it doesn't attract you? And may I remind you there are eight times more free players than members. Also, Free Worlds are not MEANT to attract people: MEMBERS are. Otherwise, where do you think JAGeX make their money?

To Tetsuya: JAGeX is lazy, huh? Why don't you go make a game like Runescape, then? No? Does that mean you're lazy? And if JAGeX wants to upgrade Free Worlds they can do it in a snap: they just have to implement existing Members data into Free Worlds. It is not a question of laziness: it is whether they are willing or not. And why would they want to give Free Worlds stuff and attract more non-paying customers, when it doesn't give them any money (and possibly, the opposite)?

In conclusion, you people are selfish and don't ever think about the position of others. All you people even think about is yourself, not aware of the fact the game is FREE for you, and yet you demand more!

Selfish brats. And before you start flaming me, I am a free player.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Guest wasabe

if ppl really wanna b a member, they can put up the prize, ppl b a member becuz its cheap. otherwise i rather play war craft

Ha! this is just like that other post that claimed jagex actually "ripped f2p off".

Personally, I think F2p is more than enough to satisfy someone for a trial version. I also think people fail to recognize the small generousities jagex gives f2p

For one thing, they gave them rs2

they gave them runecrafting

they gave them holiday drops and events

they gave them graphical updates

they gave them tiaras

they gave them bank pins (it'd be cruel not to, but stil...)

they gave them trimmed armor

they gave them colored gloves

they let them view the forums

And all these are just things that happened during rs2 ('cept the forums part, maybe)

anyway, count your blessings :)

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

i no jagex is trying to give f2p worlds the basic things to get us to pay and get the membership..but there are just too many things a non-member cant do. ... a lvl 90 f2p mage can only do fire blasts....and have to wear the robes that lvl 3 mages wear??....look at members...they got tons of areas to explore and even more rare stuff to get.....when was a new f2p quest added??....dunno how long ago....... F2P players should try more stuff and get the whole picture....so jagex will get alot more players both p2p and f2p....and evey1 will be happy!! (um not sure about the p2p players....lol)

MONEY! DO YOU KNOW MONEY honey? *sounds seductive... for a minute* NO YOU DON'T! if jagex even cared about you, then i would be in shock, we pay jagex, what do little f2p players do? WHINE! it's sad! i currently have a 3 year membership. JAGEX WANTS YOUR MONEY...

betcha lymnli is a level 4 that has been banned many times

lymnli "plz g1\/3 /\/\3 |=433 $t|_||=|=, 1 @/\/\ 2 1@Z'/ 2 7'/|>3 1/\/ 3/\/G|_1$|-|"

pay jagex 5 dollars a month, and your will then look down on the f2p members

"Look down on Free Players"? I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound like something to be proud of to me.

~Toxicologist~

If I were a member, I know full well that I would not look down on F2Pers.

God in heaven, more of these pointless topics?

It's not that Jagex is lazy, it's that they're not motivated to make updates for free. What motivates them? Money (well, there is the option of waving an AK-47 around in their face...)

Fullmetaboy, you generalise too much. I'm F2p and I don't ask for more updates. I would WELCOME any update, and I do wish for more, but I don't ask for it publically.

Toxicologist: You're a free player?!?!?

F2P beggers: Will you please STOP MAKING THESE TOPICS??? They only serve to aggravate people and make more work for the moderators.

Request that this topic be locked.

?

I though everybody knew I'm a free player...

~Toxicologist~

When i was a f2p player, i thought i had alot to do, i didnt go around begging for more stuff, I kept quiet knowing full well that this was to get me to buy a membership, and in my 3 months of being f2p, ive hear d alot of people saying, god we f2pers need all the tuff p2pers get, cause we play thier game, so i said shut up and be happy its free, then all those who agreed sent me private messages that were full of obscene language, and the traditoinal noob calling. i messaged everyoen saying reported and they were, im so sorry, i need to still play dont report me! it was funny.

Ha! this is just like that other post that claimed jagex actually "ripped f2p off".

Personally, I think F2p is more than enough to satisfy someone for a trial version. I also think people fail to recognize the small generousities jagex gives f2p

For one thing, they gave them rs2

they gave them runecrafting

they gave them holiday drops and events

they gave them graphical updates

they gave them tiaras

they gave them bank pins (it'd be cruel not to, but stil...)

they gave them trimmed armor

they gave them colored gloves

they let them view the forums

And all these are just things that happened during rs2 ('cept the forums part, maybe)

anyway, count your blessings :)

we also get to SMITH our best armor (rune), craft up to power ammies (level 70 craft), use up to addy arrows, maple bows(which was an update to the previous oak and steel maximum), and green draghide, f2p gets to high alch (though only one thing is worth it on f2p, but its useful nonetheless), we are able to mine all the basic ores, we can cut up pretty much all regular trees except for maples and magic, we have all the teleport spells we could use anyways (lum, fally, and varrock), we can use all the protect prayers...thats really generous in my opinion. Im f2p, with no plans to get members, so Im also glad they let me freakin play on f2p as long as I want.

Oh Lord... another post posted by an ungrateful person!

Logic: JAGeX won't update Free Worlds because they need to attract people to Members. They are a business, so they would want to make money, would they not?

Emotional: You are selfish. JAGeX made a Free World for your entertainment: for FREE. You don't have to pay them anything, and you ask for more?? That is just as bad as a beggar who got some stuff, and ask the person for "m00r3 p10x!" Be grateful this game is already free, and stop your whining.

Off-Topic: This thread would either attract a lot of flaming, or be locked. I suggest the latter be done ASAP.

Exactly what I was about to say! God... I hate these topics

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Meh. Stupid beggars. Can't you live without complaining about f2p for once?

I would say more, but all the smart things have been said. I would like to request another lock before this turns into a giant flame topic.

Abutebaris modo subjunctivo denuo.

newscapere4.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

To Tetsuya: JAGeX is lazy, huh? Why don't you go make a game like Runescape, then? No? Does that mean you're lazy? And if JAGeX wants to upgrade Free Worlds they can do it in a snap: they just have to implement existing Members data into Free Worlds. It is not a question of laziness: it is whether they are willing or not. And why would they want to give Free Worlds stuff and attract more non-paying customers, when it doesn't give them any money (and possibly, the opposite)?

In conclusion, you people are selfish and don't ever think about the position of others. All you people even think about is yourself, not aware of the fact the game is FREE for you, and yet you demand more!

Their still lazy when it comes to customer support though. Jagex is infamous for their automated responses.

And btw, I'm a member. Its just that I would run things differently if I ran RS.

Tetsuya.png

u should be happy it is free because this is the only mmorpg where u can play free as long as u want and when i was free i didnt care and complain about the member updates

Runescape isn't the only free MMORPG. There are many other free MMORPGs out there, like Knight Online, MU Online, Maple Story, Anarchy Online, Tibia, etc.

To Tetsuya: Yes, I do agree JAGeX should do more about their Customer Support... it is simply terrible...

~Toxicologist~

The next time you shout at us some greed-filled rant will be in hell.

Bubsa. You kill me.

but, anyway...On topic:

Seriously. I've been a paying member since...as long as the service has been available.

Every so often, I rampage through the free servers...Just checking things out, seeing how much has "changed"

And...With them averaging at 2-3 updates a year...I don't see any reason in the world that F2p needs more updates.

As the saying goes: "you get what you pay for"

But, thats not even the case here.

You get to have level 99 in...what, 14 skills? 15?

Sure. You don't get *every* aspect of all of those skills, but...You're just eating away at their resources...Why should you get even...say...1/10th of what members get?

It just doesn't make sense to me why people complain about how "fr33 70 p14y 1snt upd4t3d"

they will imporove some skills... like tiaras for rc... and cook-x for cooking...

if they put craft-x (hard body and yewelty (sp?) ) or another skill x in the game... ill use at as first...

jwrm22 stays f2p 4ever

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined