old noob looking for advice from you young pro's

nakunaru

hello everyone i had to setup a new account on here because it has been so long last i used these fourms that i forgot my account info haha. Anyway i am a 27 year old currently deployed with the army and was thinking it has been a long time last i have played this game and so i started back up. as it stands now my character is

56 att

40 def

60 str

56 con

25 range

25 mage

32 pray

60 wc

40 slayer

everything else is below level 10.

my question is where and what should i do? i have no idea where to start, i really only care for combat, pking and dueling. so leveling based around that would be good. i have started a membership and i have 85k to spend on whatever i should spend it on.

any advice would be great, my play time is limited because of my job so please keep in mind i cant just sit around and level everything to 99 haha.

You could try becoming a zerker pure - stay 45 def and get attack and strength up high. Or, you could just work at becoming a balanced main, keeping your cb stats close together and eventually maxing melees (theres a bunch of other pures out there, but zerker seems to be the best idea with those stats)

In all honesty, 99 cb skills arent very hard to get anymore because of all the newer (and more efficent) training methods. When you do train,you can do it through slayer because you should be able to make a bit of cash off it or you can try and do faster methods like giant spiders.

As far as what to buy... 85k wont get you much sadly. If you'd like, I can give you a bit more cash to start off with and some decent armor and hopefully that can open up some better options.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

You could try becoming a zerker pure - stay 45 def and get attack and strength up high. Or, you could just work at becoming a balanced main, keeping your cb stats close together and eventually maxing melees (theres a bunch of other pures out there, but zerker seems to be the best idea with those stats)

It wouldn't be worth turning into a zerker pure, as i assume he hasnt quested most of that defence. Zerkers need to do alot of quests and quite little training for their defence.

Your best bet would be to just train combat normally with slayer.

TenseMurmur.gif

Yep, zerkers quest all their defense and that leaves them at 45 defense. If you already have 40 defense then becoming a zerker wouldn't be a good idea as you wouldn't have access to the stuff other zerkers do.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

i actually have 0 quest points haha, this was a mith pure at one point and then i just started leveling whatever on it. i guess my best bet would be to turn it into a balanced main seeing as this is the only account i have anyway. outside of slayer what are some other good training methods. i was probably going to level to 60 att def str range and mage and then move from there but i honestly dont know if that is a good plan or not. thanks for the advice so far

Go to Pest Control and get full void? The full set has the best attacking bonus. However it has similar defence stats to Adamant armour (except +30 magic instead of -4smile.gif). You will gain levels while you are there. It will take about 10 hours to get. You will need to get your stats to 42 Defence 42 Range and 42 Mage to wear it, you could train these stats while your there. cool.gif

I would also suggest like others you get into Slayer, you will get all combat stats to 99 before Slayer anyway and think of all the loot!

When you get 80 Attack you could go Dungeoneering to get the best stabbing slaying weapon, the Chaotic Rapier (requires 85 Dungeoneering).

don't try to get the void set.

it's not useful when pking (considering when you die - they all go poof), dueling/combat (the defense is horrible) and when doing slayer tasks - a black mask/full helm is better.

OT,

you should work on leveling herblore (money make via farming) and just train slayer.

Being a member - you can invest in MTK to make a bit of money.

Slayer is pretty profitable (just not as lucrative as higher level slaying)

You might want to try to figure out a way to get your magic up - it speeds up a lot of things and makes walking around RS more bearable.

Unfortunately - RS is unlocked through years of play time.

It really takes about a year or so to get access to a lot of the higher end, "more fun" stuff.

capt%20kevin.png

The void set is rather good actually, being used for tds, certain nex setups, corp, safe pvp (low defence mainly, high defence usually uses Ahrim's/Karil's/Torag's switches or similar), off-task metal dragons/chinning/random other monsters, team GWD (possibly even solo Kree w/ pernix top), also dangerous pvp if experienced enough, even for slayer it's not bad (void range > fsh on sufficiently low defence).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The void set is rather good actually, being used for tds, certain nex setups, corp, safe pvp (low defence mainly, high defence usually uses Ahrim's/Karil's/Torag's switches or similar), off-task metal dragons/chinning/random other monsters, team GWD (possibly even solo Kree w/ pernix top), also dangerous pvp if experienced enough, even for slayer it's not bad (void range > fsh on sufficiently low defence).

However, due to his current stats and limited play time, surely the time he has on will be best spent training instead? He can't boss hunt now, and probably wont be able to any time soon.

TenseMurmur.gif

It's not great to get before you can use it, but if you get it as soon as you can, you will have the most benefit from it, as you'll have it for the longest time. Same deal with imbued rings and chaotics.

Short-term void isn't worth it but long-term it's a good investment (better than full penance for instance (ok not a challenge but still)).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

thanks for the input everyone, currently i am training at giant spiders as to get 60 in everything right now i stand at

60 att

50 def

60 str

58 con

32 pray

25 range

25 mage

60 wc

40 slay

once i am 60 in all of those i guess ill bump it all up to 70 i really dont know haha. i cant do to much pvp or arena because the internet over here is not good enough its like a 4 second delay just to eat some food.

one question i have is what is the best way to train prayer? i remember it being very hard or very expensive.

Use your best money making method, once you have enough $ for 882 dragon bones (if you have a war tortoise, 528 bones if you dont) buy the bones and offer them on a gilded altar after burning two marrentill in the incense burners. Wash rinse repeat. Doing it all in one shot is a lot of money and easy to burn out on.

For melee training you're going about it right. Once you hit 70 attack use a saradomin sword for 70 str, then your whip for 70 defense. Then go back to your whip for 80 attack and get a chaotic rapier. Use this to max strength, then max attack, then max defense, preferably all with slayer. If you can't be bothered to get a rapier then after you hit 70 attack switch to your sarasword til 99 strength and then max attack with your whip and then max defense.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

If you're going to slay or do whatever, at least get 70 attack first for a whip or sara sword. Probably not worth slaying without them (and a defender with whip).

Also remember to use tears of guthix, pengs, etc, to level dungeoning since you'll eventually want a chaotic rapier.

If you want to become a Zerker, it's probably better to start a new account and Quest for your defence level, since those stats are not high for P2p. Otherwise, just be a Main and do whatever, and level combat with Slayer.

93959819.png

Leaaf.png