Roll to Dodge: The Tavern

Jehosaphat

OOC: I've never done one of these games. How often can we perform an action?

I do turns. You post an action, then after I post the results of that actions along with everybody else's, you can post your next action.

And Res, no, you don't get an automatic +6 while using your gun.

a70c7.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching as everyone around her is causing havoc, Ieyfura plugs in her headphones and listens to some music, mentally counting the hours until the current set of batteries dies.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I begin collecting pencils and rulers around the office to use as make shift bolts incase of an emergency, I also count my current bolts.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Jen deciphers the napkin spell and tests the spell out on an empty wall. (What spells does she start with?)

You [3+1] decipher one of the spells as.... [2] a fart spell? What?

Celeste slaps then yells at Nex for throwing things and causing glass to break

You [1] try to slap Nex, but end up stumbling before he grabs you and starts using you as a human shield.

Goes to get Grim off of the Fire Escape.

You and Mather assist Grim in [(4+4+4+1)/3] getting out of the hole in the fire escape. The fire escape begins to collapse, and [5] you jump to the relative safety of the building.

Noticing the zombies breaking into the room, Jamal lets out a high pitched squeal, and begins chucking computers at the zombies.

You throw a dead computer at an airvent, [4] hitting the zombie skulking inside it in the head and crushing its skull.

Grim pulls himself up, using his far superior strength to easily get back into the room. Therein he looks for any ropes, chains or cables that could be used to make a rope. Calling out he shouts "OI, ANYONE WANT TO TAKE CARE OF THE ZOMBIES ON THE FIRE ESCAPE. WHICH ONE OF YOU PUNY MAN THINGS WILL PROVE ITS WORTH?"

You are [(4+4+4+1)/3] assisted in your climb by Earth and Mather, reenter the building, and [4] find some old cables that could be used as a weak rope. You yell at nobody in particular, and nobody in particular seems to take notice.

Charlie turns off the laptop to preserve battery power.

Charlie looks out of the window to see what is outside. Charlie loads his gun and approches the stairs, he walks up slowly and carefully so as to prevent himself from falling over or getting attacked by zombies.

His gun is poised high, ready to shoot on sight of a zombie.

He tells the people in the room: -snip-

You [3] deliver a minor speech while approaching the door to the stairs and loading your gun. Most everybody ignores you while doing their own thing.

Nex holds [Lynx's character] between him and the most immediate zombie threat, and continues throwing pointies over her shoulder.

You [2] use her as a very ineffective and unwilling human shield against the zombies which are still behind the barricaded door. You [4] throw some pointies over her shoulder, and nail a zombie in the eye through the window in the door.

Watching as everyone around her is causing havoc, Ieyfura plugs in her headphones and listens to some music, mentally counting the hours until the current set of batteries dies.

You plug in your headphones and ignore the world, despite not informing the GM that you had a music player in the first place. You check on the battery life as you're listening, [1] right as you get the Generic Musicplayer equivalent of the BSOD.

/me grabs Grim by the arm and attempts to pull him up.

He then calmly attempts to shoot the Zombies near the ammunition.

You assist Earth in [(4+4+4+1)/3] getting Grim out of the hole in the fire escape. You shoot at a zombie, and [1] the bullet misfires, ricochets off of structures scattered about the fire escape, and ends up knocking out a vital structural bolt to said fire escape, which begins to collapse under you.

I begin collecting pencils and rulers around the office to use as make shift bolts incase of an emergency, I also count my current bolts.

You collect a small pile (20) of makeshift bolts (-1 to crossbow when used as ammo). You check to see how many normal bolts you have, and find [2+4+4] 10 bolts in a pouch on your belt.

Everyone: You hear some loud cranking noises coming from the elevators. This probably isn't good....

[hide=Statuses]

[hide=Spork]

Name: Jamal

Perks: Getto roots | Dem Numbas

Weapon: Cheap sawed-off AK47 clone; 4" switchblade.

Wounds: None.

Inventory: None[/hide]

[hide=Icu]

Name: Iku Owage (Iku for short)

Perks: Zombie Survivalist Expert | Lag

Weapon: Automatic Crossbow.

Inventory: Box full of vending machine bits, 20 improvised bolts (-1), 10 normal bolts[/hide]

[hide=Iey]Ieyfura

Perks: Industrial Dance | Cocky Attitude

Weapon: Crowbar

Inventory: Dead musicplayer[/hide]

[hide=Nex]Name: Nex

Perks: Middle Management RAGE | Medieval Training

Weapon: Standing Lamp

Inventory: Small pile of pens, glass shards, and other pointy odds and ends. (10 uses left)[/hide]

[hide=Earth]Name: Earth

Perks: Bookworm | Crazy

Weapons: Fists.

Wounds: Bunch of papercuts.

[hide=Lynx]Name: Celeste

Perks: LoZ Nerd | APBTD

Weapon: Sword

Wounds: None

Inventory: None

[/hide]

[hide=Resistance] Charlie "Compulsive Gambler" Dixon

Perks: Cheating Bastard | Bad Driver|Compulsive Gambler

Weapon: Four-barrel shotgun pistol

Inventory: Laptop (Power: 99%)[/hide]

[hide=Retech]Name: Jen

Perks: True Nerd | Skeptic

Weapons: Pen/Wand

Inventory: Fart spell on a napkin (Memorised)[/hide]

[hide=Grim]Name: Grim

Perks: GRIM SMASH, GRIM STRONG! | YOUR BOOK LEARNING IS FOR WEAK, GIRLY MEN

Weapon: Falchion

Inventory: Cables![/hide]

[hide=Mather]Name: Mathias.

Perks: Unstable | Unstable Part II

Weapon: 12mm handgun

Wounds: Bruises on face.

[/hide]

a70c7.png

I load a cartridge of make shift bolts and point at the elevator shaft.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

(music player isn't a weapon, and is a very possible item to have in one's pocket at any given moment)

Ieyfura looks up in complete boredom at the zombie attack and sighs. Of course, no one has any practical weapons. Grabbing her crowbar she goes over to start knocking some rotten heads around.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

(Don't say that, a 12 mm is the equivalent of a .472, that's .115 more than Gordon Freeman's Colt Python and Father Grigori's Annabelle, which are .357s. Note that Grigori one-shot-kills the zombies and the only other weapon he uses is the Spas-12 right before he gives it to Gordon. Also note that both weapons one-shot-kills any enemy apart from the poison zombie, the antlion guard, the antlion guardian, the strider, the hopper and the hunter.)

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

(why can't I? Its exactly the same as Archi's thing)

Charlie switches his gun to individual fire mode (as opposed to all at once mode). He strolls up to the elevator and, standing about two metres away he waits for whatever is coming through.

qTLQRuS.png

(why can't I? Its exactly the same as Archi's thing)

I didn't exactly approve Archi's character, now did I?

And besides, a +6 bonus would be incredibly overpowered.

I only wanted it to balance my character with Archi's, if not then I am happy :)

qTLQRuS.png

Looks around for whatever is causing the noises, fists at the ready.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Nex pries one elevator shaft open with whatever is on hand, and shoves a desk or something else heavy down onto the approaching elevator.

(Also you forgot about the +1 to improvised weapons with that last roll.)

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Jen casts the fart spell at the zombies, hopefully making them explode due to a lack of general internal organs.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Jamal notices that the other people in the office seem to have things under control, and attempts to smash open another vending machine is search of grape soda.

Done it already, there's nothing left in the vending machines.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Mathias grabs onto the railing and jumps to the other side of it, he then attempts to guide the collapsing section of the fire escape down onto the zombies. He shoots those that aren't killed.

You [6] ride the collapsing fire escape onto the zombies. Gore and flesh flies everywhere as you glide downward on the Rusty Destruction Express, and manage to jump onto a different section of the fire escape right as the old one plummets to its doom. The previously mentioned ammo box lands in your hand. You're now on a fire escape on the 27th floor, and the zombies of Floor 27 are stuck behind an illegally, but thankfully, locked fire escape door. You look down, and see that the majority of the rest of the fire escape collapsed in the crash or has just rusted away with time.

I load a cartridge of make shift bolts and point at the elevator shaft.

You [5] load your crossbow cartridge with 10 makeshift bolts and point it at the shaft, and [4-1] fire blindly at the unspeakable horror that emerges, missing it. There are 7 shots left in your cartridge.

(music player isn't a weapon, and is a very possible item to have in one's pocket at any given moment)

Ieyfura looks up in complete boredom at the zombie attack and sighs. Of course, no one has any practical weapons. Grabbing her crowbar she goes over to start knocking some rotten heads around.

(Eh, okay. But I don't want to see any more players magicking up random small objects that could have normally been on their person. Except pants. Those and shirts are automatically assumed. If anyone attempts to take this as an excuse to become a pants wizard, I may or may not facilitate that due to hilarity.)

You grab your crowbar and walk over to the elevator shaft just in time for an unspeakable horror to emerge from within. You [5] give it a good thwack with the crowbar, and it screeches.

Celeste moves away from Nex and becomes quiet.

You [1] move away from Nex towards the elevator shaft and become quiet... right before the unspeakable horror bursts through and sends you flying into a wall.

Looks around for whatever is causing the noises, fists at the ready.

You move towards the elevator shaft and [4+1] falcon-punch the horror in tandem with everybody else's attacks. It screeches.

Nex pries one elevator shaft open with whatever is on hand, and shoves a desk or something else heavy down onto the approaching elevator.

(Also you forgot about the +1 to improvised weapons with that last roll.)

(My bad, but it'd be a close enough result that I'm not going to bother changing it)

You [1] attempt to pry open the elevator shaft, but slip and hit yourself in the head instead.

Jen casts the fart spell at the zombies, hopefully making them explode due to a lack of general internal organs.

You [2+1] cast the fart spell on a zombie, and it flatulence-rockets into the barricaded door, pancaking itself as it does so.

Charlie fires all bullets into the lift if it opens.

You [1] point your gun towards the elevator shaft, and the one 2 shafts over opens up. An unspeakable horror comes through and chucks you into a wall.

Jamal notices that the other people in the office seem to have things under control, and attempts to smash open another vending machine is search of grape soda.

You [6] find a vending machine that Icu missed, kick it in just the right spot, and a small avalanche of grape sodas pour forth! You collect them in a frenzy and stow them in a filing box.

Grim starts weaving the cables together into a rope, muttering about feeble half men as he does so.

You [6] weave the cables into a rope. It is a GLORIOUS rope. GLORIOUS!

Everyone except Mather: There's a small Eldritch abomination pouring out of one of the elevator shafts. Oh, and the fire escape collapsed.

[hide=Statuses]

[hide=Spork]

Name: Jamal

Perks: Getto roots | Dem Numbas

Weapon: Cheap sawed-off AK47 clone; 4" switchblade.

Inventory: Filing box full of GRAPE SODAS[/hide]

[hide=Icu]

Name: Iku Owage (Iku for short)

Perks: Zombie Survivalist Expert | Lag

Weapon: Automatic Crossbow. (7 improvised shots left)

Inventory: Box full of vending machine bits, 10 improvised bolts (-1), 10 normal bolts[/hide]

[hide=Iey]Ieyfura

Perks: Industrial Dance | Cocky Attitude

Weapon: Crowbar

Inventory: Dead musicplayer[/hide]

[hide=Nex]Name: Nex

Perks: Middle Management RAGE | Medieval Training

Weapon: Standing Lamp

Inventory: Small pile of pens, glass shards, and other pointy odds and ends. (10 uses left)[/hide]

[hide=Earth]Name: Earth

Perks: Bookworm | Crazy

Weapons: Fists.

Wounds: Bunch of papercuts.

Inventory: Book?[/hide]

[hide=Lynx]Name: Celeste

Perks: LoZ Nerd | APBTD

Weapon: Sword

Inventory: None

[/hide]

[hide=Resistance] Charlie "Compulsive Gambler" Dixon

Perks: Cheating Bastard | Bad Driver|Compulsive Gambler

Weapon: Four-barrel shotgun pistol

Inventory: Laptop (Power: 99%)[/hide]

[hide=Retech]Name: Jen

Perks: True Nerd | Skeptic

Weapons: Pen/Wand

Inventory: Fart spell on a napkin (Memorised)[/hide]

[hide=Grim]Name: Grim

Perks: GRIM SMASH, GRIM STRONG! | YOUR BOOK LEARNING IS FOR WEAK, GIRLY MEN

Weapon: Falchion

Inventory: GLORIOUS CABLE ROPE OF GLORY![/hide]

[hide=Mather]Name: Mathias.

Perks: Unstable | Unstable Part II

Weapon: 12mm handgun

Wounds: Bruises on face.

Inventory: Ammo box![/hide]

[/hide]

a70c7.png

Uh Stork, I should've gotten a +1 to my magic roll, which would put it as [3], a success?

Edit: If we're just going ahead, Jen searches around frantically for more spells and deciphers them.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Grim checks to see if the rope is long enough to extend down to another fire escape, if it is long enough he anchors it on the wall in a way that can be taken down from the bottom and climbs down to a fire escape that is not infested with zombies. If it is not long enough then.... GRIM SMASH, GRIM STRONG! Grim goes off to help stem the flood of zombies by decapitating them with his falchion.

LNYvk.png