Roll to Dodge: The Tavern

Jehosaphat

Punches the abomination repetedly.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nex plugs in the lamp, turns it on, and starts waving it around at the abomination while tossing glass bits like rice at a wedding and chanting in Latin.

(So our rolls get hilarity bonuses? :P)

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Uh Stork, I should've gotten a +1 to my magic roll, which would put it as [3], a success?

Edit: If we're just going ahead, Jen searches around frantically for more spells and deciphers them.

!@#$!@#. One second, retconning....

a70c7.png

Celeste recovers and charges at the unspeakable horror with her sword drawn and attacks it.

("m" and "n" should not have been placed next to each other on the keyboard <_< )

Ieyfura jumps backwards slightly in case of a retaliation from the horror, then steps back in with an aimed swing at the monster's skull.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Jen scrambles around to find more useful spells, and then takes cover behind the rest of the folks.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

(Shouldn't I have gotten a +1 cause of my zombie survalist, or are these not zombies?)

As the abominations get busy with all the people with melee weapons (that's like what? All of them except 3 and one of them just got sent flying into a wall?)

I get into a firing position and shoot off a few aimed shots into the abomination, generally going for what seem to be headshots.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

(Shouldn't I have gotten a +1 cause of my zombie survalist, or are these not zombies?)

Not a "these," an "it." And it's not a zombie, it's a mini-Cthulhu.

I have a thing for putting Lovecraftian horrors into the starting chapters of game I GM. I have no idea why. :blink:

a70c7.png

Charlie picks up himself and with his gun he charges at the horror, he aims that gun at the chest of the horror, switches to 'all fire' mode and then releases the power of four twelve-guage shotgun blasts from his hands.

qTLQRuS.png

Mathias calls out for Grim to throw him one end of the rope and prepares to catch and attach it nearby.

[(4+6-1)/2=5] You yell out to Grim to throw you the rope, and he [6] throws it nearby. You tie it to a handrail. The locked door [5] is still holding the zombies up.

Grim checks to see if the rope is long enough to extend down to another fire escape, if it is long enough he anchors it on the wall in a way that can be taken down from the bottom and climbs down to a fire escape that is not infested with zombies. If it is not long enough then.... GRIM SMASH, GRIM STRONG! Grim goes off to help stem the flood of zombies by decapitating them with his falchion.

You [6] throw the rope to Mather, and [5] manage to secure your end with a large chunk of debris and a desk. A [3-1] zombie catches you by surprise by jumping out of the air vents! You [6 vs 4] dodge out of the way and then [1] trip on top of the zombie as you attempt to counterattack.

Punches the abomination repetedly.

You [5+1] punch the abomination back into its elevator shaft, where it screeches and generally makes a lot of noise as everyone else beats the hell out of it.

Nex plugs in the lamp, turns it on, and starts waving it around at the abomination while tossing glass bits like rice at a wedding and chanting in Latin.

(So our rolls get hilarity bonuses? :P)

(No, but I might allow pants wizards just because hilarity.)

You plug the lamp in, and remember that the power's out. Durr. You [1+1] miss the abomination with your light pole, and [2+1] miss again with your glass shards. You [4] chant nonsense in Latin. You have no idea what that was supposed to accomplish.

Celeste recovers and charges at the unspeakable horror with her sword drawn and attacks it.

You charge at the horror, and [4] chop off an... arm? You think it's an arm. Whatever it was [4] falls down the elevator shaft, never to be seen from again.

Ieyfura jumps backwards slightly in case of a retaliation from the horror, then steps back in with an aimed swing at the monster's skull.

The monster attacks you, and [6+1 vs. 3] you dodge the attack masterfully, making a [2] pretty ineffective counterattack on one of the stronger parts of its skull.

Jamal drinks a grape soda, feels reinvigorated, takes cover behind a flipped desk, and begins to pick off zombies with his AK.

You [3] chug the soda. All of it. You begins to feel queasy and hyper at the same time, and [1-1] try to pick off a zombie, but miss horribly and put a bullet through every window on that floor. Glass rains everywhere.

Jen scrambles around to find more useful spells, and then takes cover behind the rest of the folks.

Jen [3+1] finds another scrawling of paper that might be a spell! She deciphers it to be [6+1] a basic Fireball spell. EXCELLENT...

As the abominations get busy with all the people with melee weapons (that's like what? All of them except 3 and one of them just got sent flying into a wall?)

I get into a firing position and shoot off a few aimed shots into the abomination, generally going for what seem to be headshots.

You shoot 3 shots at the abomination, [5-1, 2-1, 3-1] only one of which hits and does minor damage. The creature now has a ruler stuck in its forehead.

Charlie picks up himself and with his gun he charges at the horror, he aims that gun at the chest of the horror, switches to 'all fire' mode and then releases the power of four twelve-guage shotgun blasts from his hands.

You [5] get up and [5] charge at the horror, firing a massive blast of shotgun fury at the creature's center of mass. It [4] hits, finally killing the beast, which [3] falls into the elevator shaft. You hear screeching and some squishing noises below. The recoil from your shot, however, [2] knocks you on your butt and gives you a massive bruise.

Everyone: The zombies [1] break through one of the stairwell barriers and begin storming the room! Oh, and that eldritch horror is dead thanks mostly to Res and Earth.

[hide=Statuses]

[hide=Spork]

Name: Jamal

Perks: Getto roots | Dem Numbas

Weapon: Cheap sawed-off AK47 clone (8 shots left); 4" switchblade.

Wounds: None.

Inventory: Filing box full of grape soda bottles[/hide]

[hide=Icu]

Name: Iku Owage (Iku for short)

Perks: Zombie Survivalist Expert | Lag

Weapon: Automatic Crossbow. (4 improvised shots left)

Inventory: Box full of vending machine bits, 10 improvised bolts (-1), 10 normal bolts[/hide]

[hide=Iey]Ieyfura

Perks: Industrial Dance | Cocky Attitude

Weapon: Crowbar

Inventory: Dead musicplayer[/hide]

[hide=Nex]Name: Nex

Perks: Middle Management RAGE | Medieval Training

Weapon: Standing Lamp

Inventory: Small pile of pens, glass shards, and other pointy odds and ends. (9 uses left)[/hide]

[hide=Earth]Name: Earth

Perks: Bookworm | Crazy

Weapons: Fists.

Wounds: Bunch of papercuts.

Inventory: Book?[/hide]

[hide=Lynx]Name: Celeste

Perks: LoZ Nerd | APBTD

Weapon: Sword

Wounds: None

Inventory: None

[/hide]

[hide=Resistance] Charlie "Compulsive Gambler" Dixon

Perks: Cheating Bastard | Bad Driver|Compulsive Gambler

Weapon: Four-barrel shotgun pistol (9 shots left)

Wounds: Bruised butt

Inventory: Laptop (Power: 99%)[/hide]

[hide=Retech]Name: Jen

Perks: True Nerd | Skeptic

Weapons: Pen/Wand

Inventory: Fart spell on a napkin (5 uses left)

Fireball spell on a paper bit (16 uses left)[/hide]

[hide=Grim]Name: Grim

Perks: GRIM SMASH, GRIM STRONG! | YOUR BOOK LEARNING IS FOR WEAK, GIRLY MEN

Weapon: Falchion

Wounds: None

Inventory: None[/hide]

[hide=Mather]Name: Mathias.

Perks: Unstable | Unstable Part II

Weapon: 12mm handgun (10 shots left)

Wounds: Bruises on face.

Inventory: Ammo box with 17 12mm rounds and 16 shotgun shells[/hide]

[/hide]

So guess who forgot about this game? THE GM DID :P

I added ammo capacities and stuff to the Statuses. So now you all have a limited amount of ammo, as though you didn't have enough problems already. Magic also has a limited number of uses before the spell burns out, as well. All ammo/spell durability counts are based off of rolling a d6 a variable amount of times. So if, say, you find an ammo box with 3d6 rounds of ammo in it, it could have anywhere between 3 to 18 shots.

Of course, I'll start out being generous with ammo and spells, but things will get harder.

a70c7.png

Ieyfura backs up cautiously in case the beast retaliates with greater ferocity than before, especially since she smacked it with a crowbar. If an opportunity arises after dodging, Ieyfura swings in an upwards arc.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Ieyfura backs up cautiously in case the beast retaliates with greater ferocity than before, especially since she smacked it with a crowbar. If an opportunity arises after dodging, Ieyfura swings in an upwards arc.

(Not an actual turn) You back up and whack thin air with a crowbar.

Whoops, looks like that thing got killed last round.

a70c7.png

(Not an actual turn) You back up and whack thin air with a crowbar.

Whoops, looks like that thing got killed last round.

Ah, okies, I could have sworn there was more than one xD

Ieyfura plays cat and mouse with the zombies that are making their way into the room, using her crowbar to push them back and swing when the chance presents itself.

Lqt9R.png

Starts punching some zombies!.. He also uses his book occasionally.

EDIT: Also, ICU, Eath does have a book. I would think that obvious, because it's the only thing that allows him to activate that skill of his.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Shoots a fireball into the stairwell, hopefully catching many zombies in the blast. Then she scrounges around and deciphers MORE SCROLLS

(Is there a way to make a scroll permanent, so that it can only be used a certain amount of times per day, but can recharge?)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Due to the nature of my gun does nine mean that I have thirty six bullets as opposed to nine?

I back myself up in a corner and fire at any zombie that gets within one metre of me with a single shotgun blast.

qTLQRuS.png

Lynx, I punched into the elevator shaft, and Res blasted its brains out. READ. THE. ENTIRE. POST. (Yes, that needed to be in all caps.)

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Nex charges at any zombies breaking through, holding the light pole horizontally and bullrushing them into the elevator shafts. Alternatively he sets up some glass traps on the floor near the barricades, if none have broken through.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;