Maximum XP During Slayer

JPMC Mate

Hello TIF. I have yet another question. When training slayer, what is the ideal skip list and task list for the best experience and decent money, charms, and effigies? I want to maximize xp so I can train faster and get some profit from Slayer. Once I make about 2m more, I'm gonna start Cannoning and Pietying every task, but for now I'm just gonna use Super Sets.

My current block list:

Jungles

Deserts

Kalphites

Fire Giants

I only have 220 QP.

Thanks.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I've tried Cannoning Fire Giants and that was a waste of $ and not even good xp. I cannot do Do No Evil any time soon cuz I just don't have the $, but I will do the quest when I get enough $.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

yeah If i remember right cannoning Kalphites is very good exp. I would unblock them.

edit:Oh and I block Terror Dogs and Aquanites if that helps any.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

yeah If i remember right cannoning Kalphites is very good exp. I would unblock them.

edit:Oh and I block Terror Dogs and Aquanites if that helps any.

Sorry, I didn't ask for block list as mine is staying as is until I unlock the better Kalphites spot, then it will be removed from block and War Torts will be added.

azeem1992.png

My block list is staying as is, just to reiterate.

azeem1992.png

Only tasks I do are:

Aberrant spectres (Cannon in the Pollnivneach well)

Black demons (Cannon in Taverly dungeon on a German/French world)

Bloodveld (Cannon in the Meiyerditch Dungeon)

Dagannoth (Cannon in the Lighthouse dungeon)

Greater demons (Cannon in the forinthy dungeon. Skipping these atm because of Summer holidays = pkers)

Iron/Steel dragons (Melee in Kuradal's dungeon)

Mithril dragons

Skeletal wyverns

Suqahs (Cannon on the hill east of Livid Farm)

TzHaar (I always do the Fight Caves challenge. Takes me about 45-50 minutes with melee)

Waterfiends

I use Kuradal btw

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Alright, thank you for your task list. So I skip the rest?

azeem1992.png

You have enough money to cannon but not enough money for Do No Evil?

wut.

I think you're severely underestimating the costs of cannonballs.

They're by no means cheap and you burn them pretty quickly if you're power slaying.

In addition, you talk about profiting from slayer - a lot of the slower tasks (exp wise) are actually pretty decent for profit.

I would also do the hellhound tasks - they're extremely fast and drop decent amounts of gold charms.

Not the very best exp but 87 gp per charm ain't bad and it's cheap at less then 3 gp/exp.

HOWEVER, you seem to be in a financial rut.

If this is the case, you shouldn't be slaying to get sub-par money. Honestly, slayer isn't good profit (unless you decide to take hours per task and bank everything - without yak). At most, you cover the costs of potions/food/etc but I don't think you really recover the cost of cannonballs - especially for:

-Hellhounds

-Kalphites

-Abberant Spectres

-Greater Demons

-Black Demons

-Suqahs

This is just generally what I've seen at least.

Since I don't have a yak - I can't store those dragon bones/infernal ashes and what not. I rather just finish the task then spend hours just banking them.

capt%20kevin.png

So I should not slay at all yet? I seriously don't have many good money makers available to me with my stats. Green Drags bore me, I don't have the will to raise Agility for Blue Drags, Idk if Black Drags are worth it. Slayer and farming is all I do on RS, with the occasional Dungeoneering for fun. My options are terribly limited.

azeem1992.png

I wouldn't say not to slay at all because it's decent CMB exp and charms are always a plus... but if you're slaying with making money in mind, powerslaying is not what you should be considering right now given your financial strain.

hzvjpwS.gif

To add to this whole cannonbal discussion. Powerslayer is not good profit. Cannonballs add up to a lot.You'll be using 1k-2.5k a task. Slaying though, while taking time to do a decent amount of the slower tasks, is good profit+good exp.

That being said, I ALWAYS profit cannoning Aberrent Specters in Pollinveach. They're one of the few tasks where it works out that way. So definetly cannon there.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

The only things i skip are strykewyrms, aquanites and living rock creatures

I haven't the slightest as to why you would skip LRC. They are AWESOME combat exp and relatively quick kills for such a high lp monster (so more slayer xp/kill, good slayer exp). On top of this, they drop decent amounts of noted ores, runes and suchlike, and you might be lucky enough to find a patriarch for a free 150kish drop.

Ignore this ignoramus :razz:

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

Thanks for all the help. If you have more suggestions, suggest them, but I have task and cancel list figured out.

So when should I consider powerslaying?

azeem1992.png

I haven't the slightest as to why you would skip LRC.

Because they're extremely slow slayer exp given their high amount of hp, time it takes to kill them, and needing specialized weapons to kill them effectively. They are not like waterfiends, which drop valuable charms. Picking up noted drops that might at the end of it all barely add up to 100k gp and gaining less than 15k slay exp per hour is not something you want to do when you're looking to maximize slayer exp.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm guessing powerslaying should be recommended at 5M+ cash?

azeem1992.png

I would not say your starting income is all that important but your income per hour. Your cashpile is finite, so when you choose to powerslay, you will eventually have to gain back more money as you will be doing so at a loss. 5mil cash will get you at least 20k cannonballs so that should be a good point as that would cover you for ~16 tasks.

hzvjpwS.gif

The thing is, I don't have a consistent money maker outside of Farming and Dailies.

azeem1992.png

I agree here. All you say is you don't have money, but slay has always been very profiting for me. I must admit I never powerslayer though. I try to do 2-3 tasks a day and after every task I do a herb farming run.

This gets me nice xp and cash (I don't sell the herbs, since I'm only 86 herblore atm). I do take the time to bank ashes/d bones. Just because I can't stand the idea of not doing so. I don't have a yak either, but when I get a dragon task I always take a turtoise and bank as much as I can. Especially in Kuradal's dung it would be stupid not too. Just bring your staff to bank via the fairy ring. It's very fast and I gain over a mil pure cash on blue drag tasks usually.

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

The thing is, I don't have a consistent money maker outside of Farming and Dailies.

So get up your melees and bandos for 3 days. You'll have 25m easily. It's not that difficult to make money.

He's going to need comparable gear as well, which he doesn't seem to have.

Honestly, if you really want to figure out the best way to powerslay - go spend a few days at green dragons.

I understand, they're boring, it's annoying running, yada,yada - but sacrifices are needed to get places.

You can TD, but you're going to need more quest points.

You can't maximize xp and not expect any losses (especially in slaying) or not want to make money and buy better gear.

capt%20kevin.png

I mean, obviously - going for an hour or two may actually be a loss then a profit.

However, getting just one dragon claw makes up for serveral hours of work.

Additionally, they have a pretty awesome effigy/charm drop.

There are some monsters that give a pretty constant income i.e dragons. However, it seems that a lot of the better exp/hr calls for luck in monster drops.

If you just stick with it though, you'll be bound to get a drop sooner or later and it'll be much more worth it in the end.

capt%20kevin.png