New Auras

tigershelby2

I know it might be too early, but I have a few questions.

Is the aura that kills enemies faster worth it? Does it activate by itself once you start it? how much faster would it kill the monsters?

The jack of trades one, it seems to be quite useful just judging by its cost. If one had to guess, how much bonus xp would be gained? And how would said xp be gained?

I just reread the list, and he ranged one caught my interest. Is 3% accuracy that much in the long term? It really only seems useful for high defense monsters and bosses.

I know its way early to be asking this, but I dont want to miss out on the discounted items.

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

I know it might be too early, but I have a few questions.

Is the aura that kills enemies faster worth it? Does it activate by itself once you start it? how much faster would it kill the monsters?

The jack of trades one, it seems to be quite useful just judging by its cost. If one had to guess, how much bonus xp would be gained? And how would said xp be gained?

I just reread the list, and he ranged one caught my interest. Is 3% accuracy that much in the long term? It really only seems useful for high defense monsters and bosses.

I know its way early to be asking this, but I dont want to miss out on the discounted items.

the exact dps increase of KO aura can be calculated with a markov matrix.

But these calculations require a tremendous amount of computational power to do.

More than enough to crash google doc if you try to use it on a monster with more than 100 life points.

But if your provide 1 situation with X amount of lifepoints and and a max hit of Y

my computer should be able to crank out a solution after ~10 minutes?, scaling drastically with the # of life points of the monster.

Might be worth it to get a rule of thumb on the KO aura.

3% accuracy will result in ~3% increase in DPS @ 50% accuracy or lower

it will result in 3/4 = 0.75% increase in dps @ 75% accuracy or lower.

every time you halve the # of times you will miss

the relative DPS benefit of a % accuracy increase, will reduce by approximately a quarter.

Naaxi.png

Ummm...not gonna lie, you totally lost me in most of that. I got most of the range part, but Ive never even heard of a Markov Matrix. Simple highschool trig is the best math Ive done. I dont have a specific monster in mind to be killing with it, more of just for slayer.

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Take the average max hit on a slayer task and the average lp of a slayer monster on an optimized tasklist to find out how much it improves your DPS on average. Right?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Take the average max hit on a slayer task and the average lp of a slayer monster on an optimized tasklist to find out how much it improves your DPS on average. Right?

If you want those numbers, then someone else will have to give them. I dont keep track of my hits, and my task list is hit and miss. I do what I feel like doing, or else I just skip it.

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Ummm...not gonna lie, you totally lost me in most of that. I got most of the range part, but Ive never even heard of a Markov Matrix. Simple highschool trig is the best math Ive done. I dont have a specific monster in mind to be killing with it, more of just for slayer.

all you need to know about the matrix is

if you give me the life points of a monster

and the max hit you're hitting on it

i can give you the % increase in DPS you will notice, including all forms of overkill loss.

but I'm only offering this service for 1 monster, and only if i feel like it, since doing markov calculations is a little more time consuming than most calculations.

as for determining max hit, you can use obliv's max hit formula.

You can find his formula on the RSOF forums if you search "max hit formula"

or you can use one of my spreadsheets, as they use his formula.

Naaxi.png

Well, one of my more likeable tasks are hellhounds since they are nice and easy and good clues. They have a total LP of 1160, and I usually max around 265ish on task, depending on what gear I take and if Im bothered to use pots or not.

I ended up getting the knock out aura, and from the little testing Ive done, it seems that it gives a guaranteed kill on your next hit once the monsters health falls below a certain percent. So far, the highest percent Ive calculated is 8.17%, and when the health is under that the aura always kicks in. Of course, this is only one monster. It could only work on certain amount of health, not total health.

These numbers came from my tzhaar task, killing the Xil's. The Ket's have a max of 7.7% so far.

Edited by tigershelby2

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

Well, one of my more likeable tasks are hellhounds since they are nice and easy and good clues. They have a total LP of 1160, and I usually max around 265ish on task, depending on what gear I take and if Im bothered to use pots or not.

eh that's a pretty low max it.

If I were to take the time to do that calc in particular, I would not be able to offer the same information to many other gamers other than you.

I'll probably do my own calculation soon, but assume a player that is closer to maxed out. Sorry.

Naaxi.png

eh that's a pretty low max it.

If I were to take the time to do that calc in particular, I would not be able to offer the same information to many other gamers other than you.

I'll probably do my own calculation soon, but assume a player that is closer to maxed out. Sorry.

Its cool, you would probably confuse me with your answer anyway :oops: I know thats not my highest max, but its the best number I can remember actually hitting.

Ill probably just try to figure out if it takes into account % of lp left, or if it just activates for a certain number of lp

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

According to RS wiki, its a "knockout" if at or below 10% of the total LP of monster, up to a maximum of 100LP.

So, a 500 LP monster would be killed if at or below 50 LP or below; however, Corp could only be gauranteed a kill if at 100 LP or less.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Knock-out

*edit* Mr. Nom beat me to it :P I have a citation though.

Rune Tips Merchanting Site!

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

According to RS wiki, its a "knockout" if at or below 10% of the total LP of monster, up to a maximum of 100LP.

So, a 500 LP monster would be killed if at or below 50 LP or below; however, Corp could only be gauranteed a kill if at 100 LP or less.

My word is a citation >:[]

:lol:

PM me for fitocracy invite

My word is a citation >:[]

:lol:

I had examples. :razz:

OT: I imagine that an ideal situation for this Aura would be a <1000lp monster with high def. Or, perhaps another option might be for Chinning Skeletal Monkeys to replace the whip for finishing them off? Idk.

"rune tips cc" if you would like to learn some tricks of the merching trade! We have a great community as well.

Each of us a cell of awareness/Imperfect and incomplete/Genetic blends with uncertain ends/On a fortune hunt thats far too fleet

If you piety your tasks then the prayer one would definitely worth it.

This. Also reverence (the prayer aura) would be super useful in fight caves. You could bring more of other pots in lieu of a few prayer pots.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I dont disagree with the 10%, but I know for a fact that it hit a 106 for me on my tzhaar task.

I don't think that was the Aura. What I'm getting from the description is that, if the monster has, say, 90 LP left, but the hit you "roll" is only 20, then the aura bumps that up to 90, thus killing it. So, you rolled a 106 and KOed the tzhaar, not the aura.

@Soul_for_me (I'm terrible at formatting in these forums...)

I got that aura as well, I have it confirmed that at 75 pray you get 3 points extra per sip of pray pot. I'm about to try it out on my Waterfiend task I just got. I have 70 pray, I'll get back on that. *edit* I'm getting three extra points per sip as well.

@xSxqPowerx This seems true, I wonder if Grimy could give us an estimate as to when it stops becoming "efficient"?

Definately think reverence is worth it...

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Reverence

* It gives an invisible +2 Prayer bonus.

* It gives 10% extra prayer points when a player drinks a Prayer potion (1-3 extra points depending on level), Super prayer potion (1-4 extra points depending on level) or Super restore. This stacks with the Holy wrench.

* Prayer drains around 4-9% slower than usual (depending on prayer level and prayer bonus).

PS. Someone should be my hero and figure out exactly what prayer level you will go from 1-2 points per level.(what level you would get 20 prayer points normally from a sip) That would be SUPER helpful for alot of people i'm sure. <3

Why do people keep saying reverence? Honestly prayer potions are very cheap and you have enough inventory space to do any task in one go anyway (bring a terrorbird if you have to).

Right now I'd look mainly into the auras that provide higher damage outputs (knock-out and sharpshooter mainly) and jack-of-all-trades.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted