Farseer Kiteshield

LitterBug

I'm getting/gearing up for busting rock lobsters soon.

I was wondering if the Farseer Kiteshield would be a good item to have.

It has more mage attack then the books, but nobody ever recommends this so I'm trying to get an input.

Is it just "too expensive" at 200k tokens or is it just not worth it?

capt%20kevin.png

TBH rock lobsters are really weak to magic attack. If your just getting the kite for lobsters. Then no its not worth the 200k tokens. If your getting it for other reasons then your choice.

Mage book is cheap for most part or your zammy book is more then enough to be effcient.

Opthsis.png

A tome of frost would definitely be a better use of your tokens at rock lobsters then the Farseer Kiteshield.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Tome of Frost is really inefficient to get though.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Thanks for all the input, I think I'll just grab a farseer kite.

I have a bunch of tokens and the only thing I've bought so far are cr/cm/random scrolls/ring tiers

I mean the tome of frost saves what? 3k water runes an hour? maybe 3.6k?

I'd rather take something that's more useful to me

capt%20kevin.png

Well, the only real purpose it is providing water runes

It's +10 m. atk and it provides unlimited water runes (which realistic is about 3-4k gold per hour)

The mages book is +15 and a cast (4 deaths at 278 + 2 bloods at 316) would mean that if you missed two times more with the tome as opposed to the mages book then you would better off with the mage book.

Also the magebook is resell able while outside of this, the tome of frost has no real use.

capt%20kevin.png

Farseer kite degrades in combat - having 9 rock lobsters on you would degrade it really fast, to the point of costing you 300k/hr+ for the time you spend in combat. Don't use it.

If you want to spend tokens, get all scrolls, two t10 rings, ccbow, and cstaff.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Farseer kite degrades in combat - having 9 rock lobsters on you would degrade it really fast, to the point of costing you 300k/hr+ for the time you spend in combat. Don't use it.

This is not how degrades work.

Also, it's besides the point, but while actually bursting/barraging the lobsters, they are not attacking you.

And to OP, the reason farseer kiteshield is not often discussed or bought is because arcane spirit shield is clearly better, and not too expensive(50m or so?), as opposed to the elysian/divine which are better than the cks(but very expensive), and the eek compared to the spectral(eek is better).

Also, it's besides the point, but while actually bursting/barraging the lobsters, they are not attacking you.

Yes, it is. Chaotics degrade faster if more than one monster is attacking you, and with 8 or 9 lobsters attacking as fast they do, that shield will degrade extremely fast.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yes, it is. Chaotics degrade faster if more than one monster is attacking you, and with 8 or 9 lobsters attacking as fast they do, that shield will degrade extremely fast.

But surely that doesn't count from the safespot it would only count as attacking 1 monster wouldn't it, but yeah when luring that would be cause a lot of degrading.

L2pullout.png

Lobsters barely hit you when you go bursting/barraging, the only time they should is when your luring them.

If you're that paranoid about losing charges on your shield take a falador shield 3 instead of a proselyte legs and switch to that when u lure (with protect melee).

Get the shield imo, but the staff is much better :D i love the staff.

If the OP was worried about effeiciency, why would they be at rock lobsters in the first place?

What are the fastest magic exp and charm methods are his level? We can work this out. I was under the impression of alching+rock lobs being the most efficient way of training both.

If the OP was worried about effeiciency, why would they be at rock lobsters in the first place?

Even if we're not looking at my stats - what else is a good way to train my summoning?

I can't do much in CT cause I don't even have a summoning familiar...

Without turmoil/ss, I can't really do wfs in CT either.

Cannoning black demon is bad due to the bots.

I'm not aware of any other way to get charm/summoning exp.

capt%20kevin.png

Even if we're not looking at my stats - what else is a good way to train my summoning?

Cannoning Wallasalki.

Dunco.png[/center]

Cannoning Wallasalki.

Cannoning black demons is better. Save the effigies and open them using the opening exp and the lamps on summoning.

OP would do it for the same reason I might do it even though I'm 96 summoning. They value the magic exp.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Lobsters barely hit you when you go bursting/barraging, the only time they should is when your luring them.

I agree they won't hit you that much - but it's still an unneccesary cost increase.

@ Efficiency comment: things are efficient relative to a goal. If your goal is to get high magic and summoning levels, barraging is efficient. If you want to max total, it isn't.

@ Wallasalkis: Yes it works, but I think kalphites in the Do No Evil lair would be better. They're easier to get to for sure, and less dangerous.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted