Objective system coming back?

Howlin0001

I noticed on the Runescape homepage on the Community tab there is a new option there for Media. In it it contains screenshots, concept art and logos.

I noticed on three of the images

[hide=1]

19qgw9.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=2]

vpagea.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=3]

httrgj.jpg

[/hide]

That they have the old objective system icon, but with that icon they also have the task system, friends/ignore list (combines), friends chat and clan chat icons - all released after the task system. As far as I am aware there isn't any way to get the objective system icon back.

So could that mean Jagex is bringing back the objective system or maybe a different thing altogether and didn't bother changing the icon?

Also the 2nd image is the area south of the HAM dungeon and it looks like it has been updated with the new trees (it currently isn't updated).

howlin1eeveesig.png

Saw this when I went to check my Adventurer's Log. Was going to post it but got lazy. Heh. Looks interesting. Don't much like either systems, I tend not to use them, either.

Can't wait for when the entirety of RuneScape is covered in those trees, though.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

You can copy and paste the images in the address bar.

@OP, try downloading and reuploading at tinypic or some other image site.

Personally I don't see them reintroducing that system. They're probably just old screenshots.

j0xPu5R.png

Oh the second image is working for me, i see what you mean, the signpost thing at the bottom of the screen.....

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

It's possible that the graphic updates were done a long time ago back when the objective system was still ingame they just havnt been released yet.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Reuploaded the images, sorry about that,

Personally I don't see them reintroducing that system. They're probably just old screenshots.

It's possible that the graphic updates were done a long time ago back when the objective system was still ingame they just havnt been released yet.

but with that icon they also have the task system, friends/ignore list (combines), friends chat and clan chat icons - all released after the task system. As far as I am aware there isn't any way to get the objective system icon back.

howlin1eeveesig.png

I preferred the old Objective system, I hope it's getting re-released. :rolleyes:

This, the new system with the screen you have to bring up is too... corporate. I think as many screens in RS should be parchment-like as possible.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I preferred the old Objective system, I hope it's getting re-released. :rolleyes:

This, the new system with the screen you have to bring up is too... corporate. I think as many screens in RS should be parchment-like as possible.

Exactly it just doesn't fit the style imo. The old task system fit the style of the game, the new one just doesn't. Still don't understand why they took them out in the first place, if they were just going to leave an empty tab. :huh:

Isaact20.png

Isaact20.png

• 1 month later...

Didn't it do the same thing as setting goals in the skills tab? I forgot... I'd like them to bring it back only because a blank tab bothers me

It's now the citadel tab but only shows when you are in the clan citadel.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12