MTK resources?

Howlin0001

At the moment what is the best way to collect resources from MTK? Atm I have all on maple logs and the rest on coal. Is that still the best or has it changed?

howlin1eeveesig.png

You could, like, link the sheets? There is no need to post where to find things without a link or simply the answer.

Right now, maples and flax are the best money.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I am doing maples and herbs, grimy spreadsheet seems to change often and it isnt worth switching all the time, as long as it is a good profit, I dont care whether another option, right now makes marginally more money, Id rather not bother and stick with maples and herbs...

thegame1431.png

I am doing maples and herbs, grimy spreadsheet seems to change often and it isnt worth switching all the time, as long as it is a good profit, I dont care whether another option, right now makes marginally more money, Id rather not bother and stick with maples and herbs...

Currently, flax has a 315% return ratio and herbs have a 223% return ratio. I guess if you consider 92% to be marginal.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

but that is only as of today, herb price will most likely sky rocket in a month when bonus weekend is announced. so unless you sell your MTK resources immediately which I assume that no one does, as it makes more sense to stock them up for a better price....

thegame1431.png

but that is only as of today, herb price will most likely sky rocket in a month when bonus weekend is announced. so unless you sell your MTK resources immediately which I assume that no one does, as it makes more sense to stock them up for a better price....

The additional money from flax would allow you to buy more herbs than mtk provides.

[hide]

[/hide]

You know you can manage your workers and collect the 2 best resources whenever right? In other words, if you have two weeks worth of work done on maples and herbs and you find out flax is better you can switch the herbs to flax via the manage option and then collect and get 2 weeks worth of flax.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

that is up to each person, to me the best part of MTK is a set it and forget it, minimal maintenance consistent money maker.

Set it, forget it.

Go bk once a week with 525k in your inventory.

Get grimy's spreadsheet up.

Get favour up; go to throne room.

If best choices have changed select "manage" and move workers around while depositing money then pick collect.

If best hasn't changed select collect then deposit money after.

It takes like 10 seconds more with no extra effort for a lot of extra profit over time.

Also bear in mind its not even a minor difference.

Mtk each worker "spends" 5k.

223% return on herbs = 11,500gp

315% return on flax = 15,750gp

So take off the initial 5k

6,500gp per worker on herbs vs 10,750gp per worker on flax.

Assuming you collect once a week and have 5 workers on the secondary resource it becomes quite a large [rooster] up:

227,500gp for profit herbs vs 376,250gp for flax.

I'm fairly sure the whole of like 10 seconds extra effort to shift workers is worth 148,750gp extra profit.

Even 1% difference can add up, sure it's only 50gp per worker but it's still 1,750 for 5 workers per week; which in a year would add up to nearly 100k.

But they rarely go so close normally its at least 10% difference, which would be 17,500gp a week or nearly 1mil in a year, and even that is rare; mostly its closer to the 30 - 50% difference between the closet neighbours. So closer to 50k - 100k a week u doing urself out of or 3m - 5m a year

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Not tryin to hi-jack, just thought it be better then another thread.

when is a good time to collect MTK? every week? month?

I collect every week to every ten days. Depends how busy I am in RL with work etc.

Also: I agree on the fact that it's easiest to just put it on maples/herbs rather than looking up what gives the best profit before you collect all. I personally don't care about 100K cash since it's peanuts to the higher level people who make most cash with cb skills...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Not tryin to hi-jack, just thought it be better then another thread.

when is a good time to collect MTK? every week? month?

I collect every week to every ten days. Depends how busy I am in RL with work etc.

Also: I agree on the fact that it's easiest to just put it on maples/herbs rather than looking up what gives the best profit before you collect all. I personally don't care about 100K cash since it's peanuts to the higher level people who make most cash with cb skills...

It takes 15 seconds to find out what is best. Is that not easy/fast enough?

[hide]

[/hide]

Yeah it may be peanuts compared to your overall gp:hr earnings. But it's like 15 seconds, you can't get better gp:time ratio at all. Even merching & flipping takes longer to turn a profit.

It's as the old British saying goes "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves"

(for anyone who really doesn't know our currency is made up of pounds and pence. 100 pence to a pound.)

The logic being you look after the small amounts and before you know it you've accumulated a heck of a lot compared to people worrying all the time about the big amounts who over look the small opportunities.

I've managed to invest like 15mil into prayer in the past 6 months just from mtk by keeping it of the best choices and thats with taking away a fair cut to fund other skills.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The longer you leave it, the better chance you have of a better seed/item. The best possible task is almost always maples, and the remaining 5 worker's jobs consistently vary. Generally speaking, if you could do with resources for a skill you're training (e.g. herblore) then you should put them onto that, or if you want money then you can decide at the last minute and then get the most money possible.

All of this is explained here.

Allocating Workers and Withdrawing Resources

One weird thing about this minigame is that the reality of how it is implemented doesn’t match its “roleplaying description”. In theory, you allocate workers to certain resources, pay them to gather, and then after a number of days or weeks, get what they collected. In practice, what you get from your workers is only determined on the day you withdraw the resources.

While that’s dumb from a gameplay standpoint, it is very good for you as a player. It means that you do not have to decide in advance where to put your workers—just keep the coffers and your favor topped up, and you can choose what resources to get when you are ready to withdraw. This allows you to use this guide to figure out when withdrawing makes the most sense.

It’s also important to know that you get more valuable resources if you collect infrequently. The reason is that some resources only accumulate a fractional amount per day, and when you collect resources, these fractions are rounded down and discarded. This is why some players believe you never get good herb seeds from the Farming option: they are collecting too soon and losing those fractions.

For example, if you choose to put 10 workers on maple logs and collect daily, you’ll get 8 bird’s nests a day. If you collect every 10 days, though, you’ll get 89, not 80! Similarly, if you put a bunch of workers on the Farming option, and you’re patient, you’ll get a small number of excellent seeds, even yew and magic tree seeds. If you collect every few days, you won’t get any.

For maximum benefit, I assume that you are collecting once every 60 days. For maximum profit, you would put 10 workers on the most profitable option, and 5 workers on the second-most profitable. Of course, you might decide to go with resources that don’t give the most profit, if you plan to use them yourself rather than sell them.

I'm not an efficienado.

The longer you leave it, the better chance you have of a better seed/item. The best possible task is almost always maples, and the remaining 5 worker's jobs consistently vary. Generally speaking, if you could do with resources for a skill you're training (e.g. herblore) then you should put them onto that, or if you want money then you can decide at the last minute and then get the most money possible.

No.

If you want herbs for herblore, for example, using nubmers yesturday

Herbs 223% return vs 315% return on flax

11,500gp of herbs vs 15,750gp of flax

11,500gp would get u direct herby xp yes but it'd be a mashed up mixture of herbs that aren't really the best xp.

15,750gp of flax sold will buy you 15,750gp of the best herb xp going.

Therefore flax and the better money is better herblore xp than getting the herbs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg