Levels for Dungeoneering

jijilentosmi

Obviously the best levels to have when training Dungeoneering would be 99 in all skills, however, I'm a bit curious what levels allow for players to be useful and allow the team to complete the dungeon quickly.

Just wanted to bounce this off a few people, but this is what I'm thinking:

Note: These are just what I assume would be ideal. Not every player would need these, but I imagine the best teams need at least one person in the group to have each of these.

Attack, Strength, Defence: 90-99. Promethium or Primal Weapons.

Magic: 95. Fire Surge.

Range: 90-99. Unsure about this one, but that's my best guess.

Prayer: Not sure about this one.

Cooking: 90. Cave Morays.

Firemaking: 90. Grave Creeper Branches.

Fishing: 90. Cave Morays.

Woodcutting: 90. Grave Creeper Branches.

Runecrafting: 77. Blood Runes, though this might not be necessary once magers have the surgebox bound.

Smithing: 89-99. Promethium and Gorgonite.

Fletching: 96. Grave Creeper Longbow(though maybe shortbow is better).

Mining: 90. Promethium Ore.

Farming: 84 or 95. Not sure on this one.

Hunter: Pretty unsure on this one.

Summoning: 89 or 99. I assume healing familiars are the most useful, could be wrong though of course.

Thieving: 90. Unlocking Chests.

Herblore: 93. Since you can use a naturalist potion to get to 99, though of course it would be quicker just to have a player with 99 for opening 99+ skilldoors.

Construction: 75. For altar.

Just let me know what you guys think of these, if they're on par or not.

Edit: If your only using melee in the Dungeons, I suppose you really wouldn't need any specific Range level, and only 74 Magic for cure group, although Vengeance would be nice.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

85 farming

90 mining

96 summoning

99 atk str def mage pray

77 rc

90 thieving

99 herblore

Those are the only skills that are useful apart from opening doors/rooms.

It kinda just looks like you picked the best thing from each skill and wrote down that level...which is fine, and what I would say too. That being said, it's kinda difficult to add to that list...

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

Prayer: 95 turm

Cooking: not needed apart from opening doors

Firemaking: ^

Fishing: ^.

Woodcutting: 70 corp logs for staves

Runecrafting:80 rc for emp fires

Smithing: same as fm/fishing/cooking

Fletching: 78 fletching corp staff

Farming: 84 you never need to farm buckthorn

Hunter: not rlly needed apart from hunter ferret

Summoning: 91 for sachem ragers

Herblore: 99 for strong surv pot.

changes in bold, not 100% sure on some of them.

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

Prayer: 95 turm

Cooking: not needed apart from opening doors

Firemaking: ^

Fishing: ^.

Woodcutting: 70 corp logs for staves

Runecrafting:80 rc for emp fires

Smithing: same as fm/fishing/cooking

Fletching: 78 fletching corp staff

Farming: 84 you never need to farm buckthorn

Hunter: not rlly needed apart from hunter ferret

Summoning: 91 for sachem ragers

Herblore: 99 for strong surv pot.

changes in bold, not 100% sure on some of them.

Wouldn't you want Cooking, Firemaking, and Fishing to get food?

It kinda just looks like you picked the best thing from each skill and wrote down that level...which is fine, and what I would say too. That being said, it's kinda difficult to add to that list...

More or less, obviously there are skills you don't need, which is why I'm asking the question.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Attack, Strength, Defence: 80/90/99

Magic: 81/95

Prayer: 70/95

Summoning: 81/91

Runecrafting: 70

Mining: 80/90

Thieving: 80/90

Herblore: 91-99

Construction: 75

Farming: 84

These are the most important levels for efficient dging, in general order of importance.

Ideally you should aim all your stats for 94 or 99, but make sure you have at the very least the first option in all of these first.

siggya.png

Don't forget 99 mage for a CCS and that 99 range is very useful as it unlocks the ability to use sagit arrows, the best with a hexhunter (@ 98).

Ideally the best stats are all skills above 94, herb/pray/summ at 99. You can't pot pray and summ and 99 herb allows you to make all potions.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

if your goal is to go through the dung as quick as possible, you shouldn't fish/cook.

Alright, Thanks. I wasn't sure that the food drops would be enough to keep 0 deaths.

Keeping 0 deaths isn't that important. If you're out of prayer and food, and low on HP, it would be much easier and faster to just die and get full HP and prayer rather than gathering the money/supplies to build an altar so that you can try to Soul Split your way back to full HP.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

if your goal is to go through the dung as quick as possible, you shouldn't fish/cook.

Alright, Thanks. I wasn't sure that the food drops would be enough to keep 0 deaths.

Surviving isn't hard, but surviving efficiently is something that takes practice. If you are doing a gd, you can loot food without losing any time by going to loot pile in between attacks: hit with weapon, run to a close-by drop pile and loot 1 food, hit again. You should try do to this while also flashing turmoil or piety (easier to do with slow wep like 2h). Also really easy to do while maging something since you dont need to be next to monster. You can also save a lot of food with techniques like luring and safespotting. If you are unlucky with finding altars or have really hard rooms you may still die, but it's possible to go fast and also survive without fishing/cooking.

As far as the original question, I mostly agree with notasoupbowl's list. Note that sometimes if you have necrolord boss it may be useful to have deathslingers, which require 82/92 and it also helps to have 80/90 wc. However, this isn't super important, and if you fill your occs with flesh and tf, doesn't come up that often. 90/99 slayer is for killing edimmu/soulgazers, but those and their drops are quite rare even with the required levels. Also note that having overloads (meaning whatever level you have the patience to stew to make overloads with) helps out quite a bit the first 5 minutes of any dg. Also, gorg ragers aren't THAT much worse than prom, 80 mining is a much bigger priority than 90 when it comes to leveling for dg.

One last point: the ideal situation is everyone on the team maxed, or at the very least everyone with close to the same skills. In that case, you won't need call in someone else to do a skill door you found, thus saving time running or moving gt.

podv4.png

Assuming you only had supers(going to get extremes soon), would those be worth using before a floor?

No, the reason that people use overloads before a floor is because when the floor starts, even though the stat boost effects go away, you are healed back up to full HP and, after 5 minutes into the floor you still get the 500LP back that you would have got when your overload runs out. (I believe that is why it's done, if I'm wrong, someone correct me).

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Assuming you only had supers(going to get extremes soon), would those be worth using before a floor?

No, the reason that people use overloads before a floor is because when the floor starts, even though the stat boost effects go away, you are healed back up to full HP and, after 5 minutes into the floor you still get the 500LP back that you would have got when your overload runs out. (I believe that is why it's done, if I'm wrong, someone correct me).

You do get the stat boost effects and the 500 lp healing after 5 mins when the stat boost goes away.

siggya.png

Overloads are used because they reboost your stats every 15 seconds. This means that even though the boost dissapears upon entrance to Daemonheim, you will be reboosted shortly after starting the dungeon.

85 farming

90 mining

96 summoning

99 atk str def mage pray

77 rc

90 thieving

99 herblore

Those are the only skills that are useful apart from opening doors/rooms.

85 Farming and 96 Summoning both have no use in Daemonheim over 84/95 respectively, save for a higher chance of higher yield and Summoning points lasting longer.

10xy5fk.png

Besides door opening skills

90 Thieving - Chests

99 Herblore - Pots

99 Att/Str/Def/Hp - Hitting higher/more often, taking less damage, and can take more damage per life

99 Range - Necro boss, or if you got Hex Bind

99 Mage - Good for bosses weak to mage, people with surge boxes, vengeance

80 Rc - making bloods and other runes laws,cosmics, making empowered fire staffs

99 Prayer - can use protection prayers and turm

91 Summoning - Sachem Bloodrage

90 Mining - Mining Prom for Ragers

96-98 Fletching - Making fire battlestaffs at 78/88/98, however 91/96 for grave short/long when necro

90 wc - grave logs for making bows/fire battlestaff

84 farm - planting lyco seeds

75 con - creating altars

50 smith - smelting zeph bars

99 slay - killing soulgazer in gds or if you just want chance at hex drop

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

You do get the stat boost effects and the 500 lp healing after 5 mins when the stat boost goes away.

Ah, I only did it once when I was doing a solo dungeon just to test it out. I checked my stats right when I got into the dungeon and saw that they were at 99 again and didn't look back at them the rest of the dungeon so I just figured that going in canceled out the overload's boost effects.

Good to know that it doesn't seeing as how I've got 1180 overloads left and don't see an awful lot of boss hunting in my future at the time being.

Ah, I only did it once when I was doing a solo dungeon just to test it out. I checked my stats right when I got into the dungeon and saw that they were at 99 again and didn't look back at them the rest of the dungeon so I just figured that going in canceled out the overload's boost effects.

Good to know that it doesn't seeing as how I've got 1180 overloads left and don't see an awful lot of boss hunting in my future at the time being.

Yea, I imagine at 25k a dose(or whatever it costs atm), you wouldn't do this unless you trained herblore with overloads and have many more than you could ever hope to use.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Yea, I imagine at 25k a dose(or whatever it costs atm), you wouldn't do this unless you trained herblore with overloads and have many more than you could ever hope to use.

Dg costing 50-100k/h is not very expensive. Depends on your income, but I'd say it's worth it at most incomes.

Think of it this way - Would you spend an hour to have 40 large dngs with 5 mins of overloaded stats and free 500 lp healed?

siggya.png