It's Super Effective!

First time I've talked to anyone who beat my act score (33, 35 on the science section) and two of you beat me...

Sad face.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

All my teachers hated the fact I chose to not take honors/AP classes as the year ended. Every one of them.

To be honest, I want to be an artist more than anything (second choice something to languages or whatever), so I didn't really care. Also count that my school (and my parents for that matter) didn't seem to take my desire to go to college seriously. Still confused since I am nowhere good with money or planning yet they thing "lol art college?" and ignore me.

They can all screw off for all I care.

EDIT: People were also annoyed at the fact I chose to not get involved in any sports since I saw it pointless. Really, they got their asses handed to them half the time and scraped by on the rest.

2300 SAT

34 ACT

4.5 gpa in IB

And I still act like an idiot on the internet.

You can figure out who you're really are on the internet because nobody can easily judge you by what you have in real life. In a way, I think I'm more intelligent on the internet than in real life since I can actually speak my opinion without some moron trying to silence me out with their loud voice. Also more amusing to see how vicious humans can really be.

If only I was less lazy and far less cynical, my statistics of what I got in school might have been more worth smiling at. Oh well, I can blame it on the other bullshit factors that I brought up already.

I kinda see why I wanted to be a runaway at one time.

2300 SAT

34 ACT

4.5 gpa in IB

And I still act like an idiot on the internet.

You can figure out who you're really are on the internet because nobody can easily judge you by what you have in real life. In a way, I think I'm more intelligent on the internet than in real life since I can actually speak my opinion without some moron trying to silence me out with their loud voice. Also more amusing to see how vicious humans can really be.

This x100

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Bad thing about IB is that you feel stupid because you surround yourself by geniuses dry.gif. I'm ranked ~30/480 in my class (180 IB), but I have the lowest grades from my "clique" (4.2 gpa)

Bad thing about IB is that you feel stupid because you surround yourself by geniuses dry.gif. I'm ranked ~30/480 in my class (180 IB), but I have the lowest grades from my "clique" (4.2 gpa)

There were no IB options in my school. All I know is that I didn't see the point in trying to up the difficulty for me since I knew my family didn't care if I wanted something more than a measly High School Diploma. Honestly, all the talk about the cominations of my screw ups and the faults of my situation growing up is making me more irritated towards everyone in real life.

In fact, I actually hate myself even more now.

What grade are you in?

Once you get into 11th grade, intelligence means almost nothing. It's just a matter of managing your time well and putting the necessary effort into your work. It's pretty good for leveling the playing field.

Honestly, once you do the first semester of senior year, you can goof off after since that's the last semester that you'll actually use for your transcripts for colleges to look at.

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

To be honest, I wish American schools weren't focused on trying to level things for all students to make those struggling to catch up feel better. To be honest, I hate how American schools are designed to almost screw people over by slowing them down with bull crap and idiotic standards.

How things would've been fun if it wasn't that way.

Blame NCLB.

Exactly. No child left behind, but hundreds of thousands restricted and held down. To be honest, I wish America wasn't so kind and sensitive on areas they should be tough on. What's worse is that they think they can compete on the global scale with those restrictions, which is a total joke.

Teachers are only paid like $40 grand/year. Anyone who'd be good at teaching would be able to make much more elsewhere, so we're left with shitty teachers.

Not to mention 80% of them are in their [bleep] phase and are too scared of being fired, so they stick to the even shittier regime the schools have. The last "independent" teacher to leave my old school was my creative writing teacher, which my school dragged his name through the mud because he actually said they were pathetic and idiotic. What my school wouldn't admit is that he was right and did an amazing job with his senior students and creative writing ones to where they kicked ass on their AP tests and portfolios.

And the principal wondered why I gave her the evil stare at Walmart in summer.

Ah, reminds me of my Calc 1/2 teacher. I loved him.

He could cuss and just rant about the school, and if the principle walked in, he'd continue.. to which the principal would laugh and agree.

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

Judging by my elementary, middle, and high school, I disagree. Other than 1 teacher (my Spanish teacher right now), I think I can say all of my teachers were good teachers. Even the teachers I've hated with a passion, to the point that I would pray he got hit by a car coming to school, were still great teachers; they knew how to teach. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky few (although if you take some form of honors classes; typically the teachers are better).

And damn, this thread is getting too serious

fried_chicken.gif

The problem I have is that I'm limited in the classes I can take. I go to a private school so there aren't as many options in certain areas as I'd want. I'm at the top of my class and I'd love to take more advanced courses or ones that weren't so redundant for me. For example, English class this year has been primarily about the parts of speech like infinitive, participal, gerunds, etc. I edited articles for this site for almost a year (before I got banned ;) ) and gained my writing abilities last year thanks to an amazing teacher. Why the [bleep] do I need to go over something that I've gotten so naturally good at?

The best was the mandatory computer literacy class. It was a waste of a semester for me. I learned absolutely nothing from that class. I take that back, I learned that most people in my class are stuck at around 40-50 wpm while I can break 95+ when I actually give a damn to try on the wpm tests. Why can't classes like that have a competency test before the beginning of the year?

[hide]

[/hide]

If you weren't editorial staff, I might have made some sarcastic comment back at you. :(

How very un-harpy-like of you :twss:

I'm retired ep so I'd have no problem making a comment back ;)

[hide]

[/hide]