Help with Summoning

TubbyMcFee

On my glorious quest from 72 to 80 Slayer since my return to RS for the summer, I've gotten a visage drop, 5 levels in defence, attack, and strength, and quite a few charms. During my quest, I upped my Summoning to 54 for the Terrorbird, but I want to improve it once again. I know this will be a very broad question, but I'm just looking for tips, guides, and other helpful info from you guys. So I've got 1690 green charms, 1k red charms, 127 blue charms, and 1720 gold charms. My question is: How far can these get me if used optimally, and how can I use them in the best way possible. Thanks for the help!

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

I'd say use your golds to make terrorbirds first, then use your greens to make whatever. That should get you to a level where you can make stranger plants with your crimsons so do that. I don't know how far it'll get you, but if 68 summoning is in reach, use some blues to get it, then make bunyips with the rest of your greens.

Staurolite.png

I'd say use your golds to make terrorbirds first, then use your greens to make whatever. That should get you to a level where you can make stranger plants with your crimsons so do that. I don't know how far it'll get you, but if 68 summoning is in reach, use some blues to get it, then make bunyips with the rest of your greens.

Thanks. I'm starting out with terrobirds. Would you happen to know the best way to buy shards? I bought 10k in the g.e, but I put the offer in for 20k. They buy, but not in the numbers I need it seems.

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

Thanks. I'm starting out with terrobirds. Would you happen to know the best way to buy shards? I bought 10k in the g.e, but I put the offer in for 20k. They buy, but not in the numbers I need it seems.

Buy from another player, or buy only a little at a time. There's a Grand Exchange limit to what you can buy every 4 hours. you seem to have hit it. SUmmon for a few hours and you'll get more. or you can trade pouches for shards at bogrog near castle wars.

I believe summoning shops also sell shards in packs. I'm not sure if there's a limit on those. Give the taverly shop a visit (:

catfight2.jpg

If you are really serious about the optimal way to use them I can do the math on which pouches to make.

I need a bit more info though, namely what level are you aiming to eventually get and your maximum income/hour.

As for shards just buy shard packs for the summoning master. You can always sell back shards for 25 each at the yanill hunting shop.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

What is the best way to use Grogog....Oglog....the guy in the Ogre city that gives you shards for your pouches. What's the most efficient way to use him since he doesn't take noted shards? I'm hoping its not just sprinting back and forth from Yanille.

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

What is the best way to use Grogog....Oglog....the guy in the Ogre city that gives you shards for your pouches. What's the most efficient way to use him since he doesn't take noted shards? I'm hoping its not just sprinting back and forth from Yanille.

Shards stack. As for Summoning pouches, I normally sell mine on the Grand Exchange so I'm unsure about that. Sometimes you can get shards for 22-24 ea on the forums, so look for those sorts of deals to save a bit of money.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

Shards stack. As for Summoning pouches, I normally sell mine on the Grand Exchange so I'm unsure about that. Sometimes you can get shards for 22-24 ea on the forums, so look for those sorts of deals to save a bit of money.

No, the Ogre gives you 70% of the shards it takes to create a pouch, but the pouches don't stack. Worded that last post wrong.

Tubby_Mc_Fee.png

I didn't use Bogrog at all, just sold all my pouches for ease, but if you want to shard-swap I believe he takes noted pouches, so the best way to train summoning would be to use the usual kyatt-castle wars method and making one trip to Bogrog afterwards to swap all shards followed by one trip to the pet store in Taverly to sell all shards back for 25 gp.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I just went with noted pouches and he exchanged them for me. Seems the guide I used missed that detail. <_<

Edit: How the hell am I supposed to make 1.6k Ibis? That's 184k shards!

Summoning is one of those skills that cost both time and money. But to answer you're question, you buy as many shards as you can afford, make pouches, and then sell the pouches back to GE. Rinse and repeat.

w4M8t.png

Not necessarily - Bunyips/Fruit Bats hover around 5 gp/xp or so (which isn't necessarily bad - but the pouch only gets you like 150k exp an hour. Making the fruit bat scrolls is slightly MORE profitable but I have no idea about whether its faster or slower)

You should generally always use your charms (unless you're at like 99 but even so, gold and blues can make you cash)

Anyhow, you should save your blues (do NOT use them unless you're super extremely poor and you have no way to make money - which you should) til either titans at level 79 or geysers at 89

I generally try to aim for a specific level (aka bunyip/war tort/artic bear/etc whatever is the next familiar you'll need and you would actually use)

Keep training and training, and check back once in a while to see if you have the charms needed. This really cuts down on your use of crimsons which will help you reach 99 faster.

capt%20kevin.png