How should I make money?

MitchG81

I'm fairly new to Runescape. Just got a 30 day membership today and I'm looking for a way to make good money, in good time. At the moment my Range is 65, Defence is 40, and Prayer is 25. Other than that, every skill is 1. (Don't laugh, I just wanted to get range up, and didn't know what skill is best for money).

I have about 750k left, that my friend gave me to start off. (Yes nice guy), I also just bought a dark bow so in net value I would have over 1m. (Not a lot, but I guess its a start...)

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

A dark bow is pretty useless unless your going to pk(and even then, I'm not sure[since I don't pk]).

Try raising farming, most herbs are profitable to farm. If your diligent you can honestly make all the money you'll need purely from farming, at least for awhile(assuming your next goals aren't 99 prayer or something)

Train slayer, it's not as profitable as it once was, but it's the best way to train combat.

You could flip, or use methods that don't give exp, but I don't like these because there are always ways to make money while training.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

A dark bow is pretty useless unless your going to pk(and even then, I'm not sure[since I don't pk]).

Try raising farming, most herbs are profitable to farm. If your diligent you can honestly make all the money you'll need purely from farming, at least for awhile(assuming your next goals aren't 99 prayer or something)

Train slayer, it's not as profitable as it once was, but it's the best way to train combat.

You could flip, or use methods that don't give exp, but I don't like these because there are always ways to make money while training.

Except it's pretty hard to make money for all your buyables (even just herblore + prayer even) without

a.) camping monsters

b.) flipping

Flipping is easy, if you want - you can stop buy ever hour or so and it doesn't really kill time.

capt%20kevin.png

I would have recommend mining coal but at your mining level......it would take sometime...

You can kill monsters for big bones for prayer

And yeah, farming herbs is good money :)

You may wanna do the quest Royal Trouble and the other one for Miscellania and Ecteria :D

Fast money would be doing tasks. The lumbridge tasks require very little (if any) level, as well as some of the other cities tasks.

Doing dailies (pineapples, sand, seaweed) and miscellania kingdom managing ears quite some good gp's.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

honestly you need a skill like

mining: iron, coal, mith, addy, rune are all profitable

farming: most herbs are profitable

fishing: lobsters, tunas, swords, sharks, monk fish all make good money with good speed

wood cutting: yew logs sell really well not sure about the others as i used all mine to help level up fletching or fm

smithing: cannon balls yield so much profit its not even funny, or just selling the bars you smelt

crafting: the high level urns do make profit even if you buy the soft clay, turning flax into bow strings also yields profits. (i did bow strings from the min level to 50 and made a good ton of money)

Slayer: only really pays off in the long run, but helps level your combat

there is this monster that drops addy bars but i forget which and what level range/def is needed but i hear it is very profitable.

hell i know people who just pick flax for a couple hours and sell it

something that produces material that can be sold quickly is usually best

hope this helps you.

Msg me ingame if you want more ways i did a lot of the low level ways to make money ingame name is doomdevil321

You could try going to red dragon island through the Ardougne teleport and then picking up white berries, which you then take back to ardougne bank and repeat the process.

The only issue with doing that is that it is in PK. Most members in that area will not attack you in fear of getting skulled and being killed by the red dragons or by you, but some may attack so be careful and don't take anything valuable. You will need a weapon such as a dagger that can slash to get through a cobweb though but that is all you will need.

Here i'll show you where it is.

1) This is the teleport to the deserted keep in PK. You must pull the lever in order to get to the deserted keep.

16lwbq9.png

2) Follow the red path until you reach the bottom of red dragon isle and start collecting white berries! Don't worry, the hell hounds will not chase you if you run from them, although they will attack. Also the white berries are in a safe spot from the dragons so you're safe whilst collecting the berries.

2vkn3tj.png

3) Head back to Ardougne and bank your berries! Then just repeat the process until you have enough to go sell in the Grand Exchange.

You will nearly always find an instant buyer and you can make up to 600k an hour with this method, which requires no skills at all. the only risk is that you must enter the higher levels of PK.

IndieGo

[spoiler=Tip]

You could try going to red dragon island through the Ardougne teleport and then picking up white berries, which you then take back to ardougne bank and repeat the process.

The only issue with doing that is that it is in PK. Most members in that area will not attack you in fear of getting skulled and being killed by the red dragons or by you, but some may attack so be careful and don't take anything valuable. You will need a weapon such as a dagger that can slash to get through a cobweb though but that is all you will need.

Here i'll show you where it is.

1) This is the teleport to the deserted keep in PK. You must pull the lever in order to get to the deserted keep.

16lwbq9.png

2) Follow the red path until you reach the bottom of red dragon isle and start collecting white berries! Don't worry, the hell hounds will not chase you if you run from them, although they will attack. Also the white berries are in a safe spot from the dragons so you're safe whilst collecting the berries.

2vkn3tj.png

3) Head back to Ardougne and bank your berries! Then just repeat the process until you have enough to go sell in the Grand Exchange.

You will nearly always find an instant buyer and you can make up to 600k an hour with this method, which requires no skills at all. the only risk is that you must enter the higher levels of PK.

If you're going to do that you should use the edgeville teleport. It's faster and you don't waste a teleport tablet going there each time, and with high enough agility (i don't remember which level it is) you can use the shortcut between edge and the g.e. to sell your white berries faster.

I'd recommend training thieving up to help get some fast coins, plus when you hit level 20 you can thieve H.A.M men/women, which give easy clues and can lead to you getting some pretty easy cash.

Also: Hunter is a good skill to level as it is a resource skill, and getting high enough to hunt Chinchompa's can lead to some pretty good money.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

honestly you need a skill like

mining: iron, coal, mith, addy, rune are all profitable

farming: most herbs are profitable

fishing: lobsters, tunas, swords, sharks, monk fish all make good money with good speed

wood cutting: yew logs sell really well not sure about the others as i used all mine to help level up fletching or fm

smithing: cannon balls yield so much profit its not even funny, or just selling the bars you smelt

crafting: the high level urns do make profit even if you buy the soft clay, turning flax into bow strings also yields profits. (i did bow strings from the min level to 50 and made a good ton of money)

Slayer: only really pays off in the long run, but helps level your combat

there is this monster that drops addy bars but i forget which and what level range/def is needed but i hear it is very profitable. Aviansies

hell i know people who just pick flax for a couple hours and sell it

something that produces material that can be sold quickly is usually best

hope this helps you.

Msg me ingame if you want more ways i did a lot of the low level ways to make money ingame name is doomdevil321

Crossed out all the terrible ideas, if aviansies arent overrun with bots atm, they'd be good if you got 40+ prayer first (Profit+range xp), herb runs are definetly good (ranarr after 32), as is slayer to level range.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png