Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

England Riots

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Demoliboy2
So let me see this traight. Those chavs saw the kid, probably beaten to the point of coffing blood (we don't know if they were the ones to beat him up, or if he participated in the riots and ended up being beaten by the police), and pretended to help him just so they could steal his stuff?

Scum of the earth right there.

And while I live nowhere near London, that is just ridiculous, like many have said before, this is just rioting for the sake of looting, any kind of excuse is immideatly invalid seeing how much harm they did not only for themselves, but to their communitties as a whole. Dispicable.

Also, @the bbc link abotu the women being interviewed after rioting, that just proves this is nothing but mindless violence and pillage. They discribed the riots as a "buch of good fun" and that it was also "the government's fault". WTF? These kind of people just make me mad.

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
The best is the fools posting on twitter lol.

A guy got shot by police in Tottenham -> steal from small business owners

wat.

TANSTAAFL

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts

How to stop the riots of getting out of hand like in the above video:

Arm the riot cops, let them shoot whoever tries to defy them. Seriously, that would have stopped the charge right there, standing around with plastic shield ammounts to near nothign when you aren't allowed to fight back.

Surprise
[ Display Name History ]

Surprise

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 858 posts
The cops are [cabbage] scared of touching them in fear of being sacked which has happened in nearly every previous riot when somebody gets injured and complains.

Screw human rights, you act like moronic apes you get treated like them until you learn.

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
All this reminds me of the '94 LA riots, over the same thing: police brutality.

The biggest problem with cops: they either overdo it or underdo it. Always. <_<
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
Posted Image

Oh, and I guess this is rather fitting too.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Shooting rioters is just going to make things MUCH worse. That's probably the dumbest thing they could do right now.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
Rubber bullets. Though, I guess those can kill too.

Well, tear gas, spray them with water. Standing around with plastic shields and running away form the rioters wont control the rioters.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts

Arm the riot cops, let them shoot whoever tries to defy them.

No, I'm pretty sure the reason they're rioting is because the police shot some guy in Tottenham. Police shoot more people = more rioting, more violence.

TANSTAAFL

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Shooting rioters is just going to make things MUCH worse. That's probably the dumbest thing they could do right now.

Not when you're dealing with people having no greater purpose. The majority of these people are just out to cause trouble and loot knowing there is no real consequence.

If looters were shot on sight, these riots would have been over days ago.

I realize it isn't a realistic solution, but it would be an effective one.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
Standing still hoping this would stop will not bring any good either, maybe real bullets is too much, but hell, rubber bullets, tear gas, water cannons, show some resistence to this, otherwise it just won't stop.

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts

Not when you're dealing with people having no greater purpose. The majority of these people are just out to cause trouble and loot knowing there is no real consequence.

If you have any morality at all you know that shooting rioters in the streets in the 21st century is both completely ineffective and unethical.

TANSTAAFL

Rainy_Day
[ Display Name History ]

Rainy_Day

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,968 posts
  • RSN:Duffman19910
  • RSN2:Yeahduffman
My force has sent a group of riot officers (though only 24 so 3 vans approximately). They're putting most officers on standby currently as it seems to be spreading throughout the country.

Also wanting this to be the wakeup call to our government to issue officers with watercannons, rubber bullets, ability to use force without being scrutinised all the flippin time.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RIP Michaelangelopolous

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

If you have any morality at all you know that shooting rioters in the streets in the 21st century is both completely ineffective and unethical.

What does morality have to do with effectiveness?

Obviously it's unethical and I would never condone it. I'm just saying it would be extremely effective.

Like I said in my first post, this is the problem with living in a civilized democracy. We put limits on ourselves that give people willing to break those limits clear advantages.

polvCwJ.gif

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I'm not too sure it would work. While it would quell most of the violence, it seems barbaric which would be, in my opinion, stooping to the looters' level. As long as these rioters aren't using guns of their own, I don't see the need for riot police to use their own guns on them. Over the long-term it would create more dissent among the populace than using other methods of riot control.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

I'm not too sure it would work. While it would quell most of the violence, it seems barbaric which would be, in my opinion, stooping to the looters' level. As long as these rioters aren't using guns of their own, I don't see the need for riot police to use their own guns on them. Over the long-term it would create more dissent among the populace than using other methods of riot control.

Hold on a minute here - you're proving something other than what I was saying.

I'm not condoning shooting looters nor calling it ethical. I'm saying it would be effective in ending the riots.

polvCwJ.gif

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts

What does morality have to do with effectiveness?

Obviously it's unethical and I would never condone it. I'm just saying it would be extremely effective.

Like I said in my first post, this is the problem with living in a civilized democracy. We put limits on ourselves that give people willing to break those limits clear advantages.

It would be the opposite of effective. More riots would come out of it. If you shoot those rioters, you threaten to turn the entire country into chaos. People don't just sit down when their brothers and sisters are killed in cold blood.

TANSTAAFL

magekillr
[ Display Name History ]

magekillr

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,536 posts
One of my London sources tells me, "The real story is how police budgets have been smashed to nothing and – surprise, surprise – they don’t have staff or resources to deal with anything."

Irony: Theresa May: We can cut police budget without risking violent unrest (September 2010)

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

It would be the opposite of effective. More riots would come out of it. If you shoot those rioters, you threaten to turn the entire country into chaos. People don't just sit down when their brothers and sisters are killed in cold blood.

And here is where I disagree.

It's one thing if you're rioting with some greater purpose. These rioters, by and large, are not. The majority of them are stupid kids looking to cause trouble - and I'm sorry, but no one is stupid enough to risk their life over a bag of rice.

Would there be outcry? Absolutely. But if it were to be well broadcast beforehand that this would occur, no one has the right to complain.

polvCwJ.gif

Rainy_Day
[ Display Name History ]

Rainy_Day

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,968 posts
  • RSN:Duffman19910
  • RSN2:Yeahduffman

One of my London sources tells me, "The real story is how police budgets have been smashed to nothing and – surprise, surprise – they don’t have staff or resources to deal with anything."

Irony: Theresa May: We can cut police budget without risking violent unrest (September 2010)

Can all but hope she'll relook at this after cutting the police by 25%.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RIP Michaelangelopolous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users