England Riots

Sam

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone heard what Dan Snow or is it Peter? The son, he caught a looter and sat on him until the police arrived lol.

If everyone who is not looting took down the looters and sat on them then there would be a huge outnumber of looters to normal people.

If you see any looting going on, just call the police not on the 999 number, but the local 0845 number, keep the 999 number free for real emergencies - I mean if someone has a stroke, or heart attack, need to get though faster, my sister works for the ambulance 999 call centre in hampshire, they need to keep the lines open.

Here's a good primer on the psychology of riots:

The problem police face is that in most large threatening crowds only a minority of people are engaging in anti-social acts. Lots of people go along for the ride but arent the hardcore that kick-off without provocation. If the police wade in with batons indiscriminately, lots of these riot wannabes suddenly start to feel like theyre part of the bigger group and feel justified in ripping the place apart, mostly to throw at the coppers. Suddenly, its them against us and a small policing problem just got much much bigger like attacking a beehive because you just got stung.

More: Riot Psychology

The riot's are out of control.

Most of my family live in Birmingham, it's causing me and my mother a lot of worry. One of my cousins and her children were almost locked in and attacked in a shop by the rioters :/

In a light-hearted end to this post, has anyone seen a picture of this guy stealing a Barbie doll in the Manchester riots? I saw it on facebook and had a total :blink: moment.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

I am pleased that you can feel an affinity with a mayor, PM and a government front bench who all attended public school.

William Hague?

Vince Cable?

Liam Fox? (grew up on a deprived council housing estate)

Ken Clarke?

Iain Duncan Smith?

Danny Alexander?

Michael Moore?

Eric Pickles?

Philip Hammond?

Caroline Spelman?

And Michael Gove was only able to go to an independent because he got a scholarship. Various others went through most of their education in the state sector, and of those that didn't only a tiny handful went to the really posh ones.

Just because the Cameron/Osbourne/Clegg trio are from very well-off backgrounds doesn't mean they all are.

Looking at a video where a Malaysian student gets robbed by some idiots pisses me off. This may not be right thing to do, but if i was in charge of the actions that the Police were to take i would do this.

1. Advertise everywhere that Police will use Firearms (non deadly) and shoot anyone who tries to attack. Advertise this for 3 days in Media + Turn on Speakers where the Riot is going on with this message.

2. SHOOT any scum doing anything against law.

The way these people behave is so darn repulsive. If the riot knows that Police will use guns, i bet they will be scared. It may be brutal, but a if those morons KNOW they will be shot, then no harm.

This plan must be executed well. The important part is to give the message out to everyone rioting.

P.S A small riot similar to this happened in Norway too.

He said non-deadly. I would be using water cannons by now, not saying they might be used.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

^ If you are actually serious about shooting rioters then you are extremely morally bankrupt.

Not exactly. If the fools rioting are told CLEARLY by the police "We're gonna bring out guns that hurt" (non deadly guns), and the fools still do not stop then it's their own fault.

And how is morons rioting and looting shops and hurting innocent people any better than what i suggest?

Like i have said, it's important to do this well. Another note i should add is to tell not only those rioting but also those who are just nearby to go home or leave riot area.

And i am serious. Why not? Does innocent people have to die just because morons decide "Let's go riot because we're brain damaged"..?

TAAAAASERS are good options.

He said non-deadly. I would be using water cannons by now, not saying they might be used.

But the problem with that is, setting up a water cannon (and moving it into place) is meant to be slow work, so all the looters need to do is move to another street. It wouldn't exactly be that helpful then would it?

howlin1eeveesig.png

But the problem with that is, setting up a water cannon (and moving it into place) is meant to be slow work, so all the looters need to do is move to another street. It wouldn't exactly be that helpful then would it?

Exactly, the head of the police was commenting how this is only useful if they are in a fixed location. These rioters have been largely succesful due to the quick movements thus rendering water cannons pretty useless.

This is a weapon type that uses lead pellets. Air guns.

air-gun-scope.jpg

img2105Hatsan%20modell%2070.jpg

rocket-tin-web.jpg

Police could use those weapons with scopes. Of course for this to be effective they need a weapon that can take 10 pellets in magazine.

This combined with police with batons and riot shield could work.

You guys are missing the point, I'm just saying they're not acting very quickly. I can't comment on the methods.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Just saw on the news that an 11 year old in London has been released on bail. Better still, he's suspected to have stolen a bin from Debenhams. :wink: Some people are morons.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Water-cannons have been now permitted to use by David Cameron - though i'm not sure why they aren't just OK to use anyway.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Defend them with what?

Police that retreat when the crowd charges?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Defend them with what?

Police that retreat when the crowd charges?

Too true. Our police force are so inept it's saddening. I agree with the guy who said they need air guns and the like.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

It's true that trying to shoot riot into submission will only make riot more angry. But they have a mentality that they are "pretty much safe" (democracy and police being careful), and their riots affects innocent people.

If people who are causing the stupid riot dies and is killed by police who uses lead pellets i will not say "That's bad, someone died". I'll say "What did the person dieing expect?". Perhaps if some scumbags dies, maybe reality will sink into their empty brains?

Maybe it's not right to compare a riot party to a child, but i think that if you let people riot and not take brutal actions the riots will likely to occour again sooner or later. A kid who gets his or her way because parent thinks "Oh i cant let my baby cry, he or she is so sad!" will not accept the right way to behave because their parents are being passive.

These youth idiots needs to be educated in a deadly manner. They need to understand riots leads to people being hurt or worse : killed.

This is my belief, a riot should be dealt with. Even if riot party members die, it is their own fault. I may be cruel, but world is cruel. Look at Africa, in recent Norwegian medias i see that there are people dieing because of starvation. However, i am not a stubborn person, if what i say proves to be wrong, then i will accept it and apologize.

P.S

However, if one were to be brutal, it must be done in a way that warns riot members. Example, use of speakers to CLEARLY give the message "Stop rioting or you will be hurt or in worst case die".

Warn them, and if they still resist then you know that it was noones fault.

Last time I checked, breaking and entering is not a crime punishable by death...

Last time i checked i did not say that you should execute/kill riot criminals but not be light on them with air guns and batoons if they resist the law.

I wouldn't call it immoral to beat/use thorough non-lethal force on these looters. They have been warned, very publicly and know what they are doing is wrong, both morally and in the eyes of the law. When you are constantly doing something in that situation, you forgo the majority of your rights in my eyes.

At this stage of the game, I question whether using much stronger non-lethal force would do any harm. I actually think on the whole it would be the best thing to do. It is wholly obvious that mass public opinion is against the looters. Using the necessary force would in my estimate anger nobobody but those still looting.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^