Confirmation on Herb Run

Capo_di_Capi

Hello,

I posted this on the RSOF aswell but I doubt if there's anybody who actually knows what they are talking about.

I'm planning on doing Herb runs and I found this number which I need confirmation on. It's about 5 Torstol patches.

Is it right to assume I get an average of 11 herbs per patch with familiar and Juju Farming pots?

(55 Grimy Torstols) - (5 Torstol Seeds * 0.9 (Scroll of Life)) = Profit

2,436,500 - 1,550,250 = 886,250

That's the profit per 75 mins, which sounds way too much to be right, lol. Is this true or am I missing out on something?

I need advice from experienced players, thank you in advance :).

-Noble Mafia

I don't think any familiars help on Herb runs, only Magic secateurs and Juju increase yield. Also, I believe the agreed upon number with those boosts is an average of 10 per patch. The death rate is somewhere around 10%, but the scroll of life saves you a seed 10% of the time, so these should just about cancel each other out.

(50 Grimy torstols = 2.22m) - (5 torstol seeds = 1.8m) = 420k profit per run.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

I've got 300 seeds logged and I'm averaging 8.81 herbs per patch, and 10.08% both for death and seeds back. I use Jujus and sectures.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Supercompost?

Didn't mention it indeed, but I will use it.

Any more people have rates in amount of herbs per patch? They seem to vary quite a lot :/.

Thanks for all the quick responses!

As far as I know, the average herb per patch is 6.8

Obviously this will change if you're using juju's.

I've been using remote farm and it looks like I'm curing a lot more then 10% of the time.

capt%20kevin.png

A bit off topic, but I've been curious if remote farming is actually worth the time. Assuming a 10% death rate, your saving an average of 165k per 80 minutes for three casts of a spell that takes many hours to acquire.

Yep, it's a really useful spell overall. In particular, if you're planting torstols, the savings do add up in the long run. I also find it useful for checking up on my other plants (trees, fruit trees, calquat, spirit), since they can still become diseased even if watched by a farmer. It's not a bad way to figure out when you're ready for a run, especially if you're like me and have a habit of using a precise timer to try and squeeze as many plantings into a day as you can.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG