Hurricane Irene

Hugger_88

We are getting some heavy winds at the moment. I don't think we are going to get much rain here though, which is bad because we need some rain.

Here it is quite different, we got enough rain this year that even in the spring it drowned seeds in some fields. Last week was the first week of the year with a majority of sun and not rain.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NJ is getting pounded HARD.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

The wind down here, Down East Maine, is beginning to pick up a little bit.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Just finished the clean-up efforts with my community. My truck has some new scratches, but alot of people got help. Hope everyones alright up in the New England area!

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

The differences between where I live and the East Coast amaze me. I guess because there's so much wind and so little rain here already, plants and trees must take a tighter hold in the ground, as one article about Irene claimed general winds of 33 mph, gusts of 47 mph. That's average wind in the spring here. However, 7 inches of rain would probably flood this place beyond all recognition. Very interesting.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Hope everyone's ok and safe. Tropical Storm Irene looks like it's going to move away from the USA and into Canada in the later hours. I'm looking at it right now in New England from Cali. Kinda funny how that one guy wanted to swim in the water on those streets.

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Nova Scotia is got clouds all day today, and some nice fog (its always nice when you can't find the silver car in your own driveway. Seasonal cloaking device) along the coast and in the Harbour. We've got some wind now, but no rain as of yet that I know of. But the storm is going around us to the west (that's a first in living memory for me, though I hear that hurricanes have actually gone in far enough to cross the great lakes a few times many years ago), so most of what we will get is wind, and not rain (I'd rather it be the other way). For once its the other side of the province that gets to worry (NB side), because the storm is going to hit at high tide with a storm surge, so parts of the province are probably going to go under for a while (and the Bay of Funday should have one heck of a tide going).

Maybe we can get through this without losing power for once <_<

Neighbor's house below. Well, I wouldn't call this "splitting the house in half," but it did destroy the one half of the house in the back. It still shouldn't cost that much money.

[hide]291976_10150274816849724_504979723_7741090_6747429_n.jpg

299066_10150274817009724_504979723_7741093_1214557_n.jpg

306701_10150274817034724_504979723_7741094_734428_n.jpg[/hide]

Why are all your images sideways...?

Also, power just came back on, after it being off for about 7 hours.

Wicked winds today. As I was making my rounds through town, a good sized branch slammed into a van that I passed a few feet from me. Scared me enough to stay inside for the rest of the night.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

In the North-East of NB there's quite a bit of wind now, but not so much rain. I would've liked it better if Edmunston got the wind and us the rain since we can take that rain without flooding too much, but Edm is in a bad spot with all that rain.

Marylander here. I got hit. Power went out at one in the morning and stayed out until three in the afternoon. I got to spend my night and some of the morning helping to try to keep the basement from flooding.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Been hearing on the news and reading on drudge that the storm and its coverage were a bit overblown. Seems like the biggest deal was and is flooding, winds and surge (the hurricane element) not so much.

Glad to see people here are alright.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

My parents live near DC. Apparantly it just rained a bunch and got kinda windy. Nothing to write home about on that end, but apparantly some places up near Alexandra lost power.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I hope Dizzle is alright, he had some concerns about storm surge the last time I chatted with him.

I hope Dizzle is alright, he had some concerns about storm surge the last time I chatted with him.

He's hitting it with bats, don't worry.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

He's hitting it with bats, don't worry.

Hahaha. Oh man, that was great. :thumbup: