#Indie

zeger6stinkt

Try listening to Arcade Fire and Sigur Ros, both bands were in the top bands of the year poll on Channel 4

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Try listening to Arcade Fire and Sigur Ros, both bands were in the top bands of the year poll on Channel 4

Wah! I've just started listening to the Arcade Fire. Rebellion is one of the best songs i've heard in a while.

Anyway, the best indie bands out at the moment have to be The Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, and Franz Ferdinand

The Indie genre pretty much sums up everything I listen to but I still don't like calling it Indie. It just sounds like a cutsey name for alternative. I'd say some of my favorite "Indie" bands are Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, and Death Cab for Cutie.

Zaataar.png

indie stands for independent... and was most likely created out of hate.

"indie" bands hated the fact that radio bands made music solely to make money and not because they were conveying thier own feelings... bands like bright eyes and death cab are the so-called "indie" bands because they dont have their record label hounding them to make radio hits...

at least that was the definition i heard, i dont really know, because i dont really believe in genre labels

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

indie stands for independent... and was most likely created out of hate.

"indie" bands hated the fact that radio bands made music solely to make money and not because they were conveying thier own feelings... bands like bright eyes and death cab are the so-called "indie" bands because they dont have their record label hounding them to make radio hits...

at least that was the definition i heard, i dont really know, because i dont really believe in genre labels

Yes indie techincally means independant, but it's really not that simple.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_%28music%29 read the definitions there.

sig2ho7.jpg

So many indie bands...

Coheed & Cambria...joo guys havent said them??

Armor For Sleep

The Premier

Tourmaline

Tegan and Sara

Le Tigre

Cursive

Rilo Kiley

Weezer

Park

Hellogoodbye

(these are all mainstream, I dont much follow underground)

I tried to put some unmentioneds. Just some you overlooked/didnt mention/dont know about/consider them some other genre/whatever else.

-Howie

Radiohead

Placebo

Joy Division

Talking heads

Im having a hard time labeling what I like as "indie" or "alternative" considering indie is pretty much a branch of alternative :? . In any case, there are many, many more.

• 2 weeks later...

if Coheed and Cambria are inde there my top band ever and in inde

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

Well, I followed the link from Peter's signature to Meltcore, and after going over to 'Spoon's website and liking their music, found myself looking surprised in my music shop, as they stocked one of their CD's 'Gimme Fiction', which i subsequentley bought.

It's good stuff.

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

Well, I followed the link from Peter's signature to Meltcore, and after going over to 'Spoon's website and liking their music, found myself looking surprised in my music shop, as they stocked one of their CD's 'Gimme Fiction', which i subsequentley bought.

It's good stuff.

I'm glad you liked them/Meltcore :). There should be more similar reviews up on the site shortly, so check back if you like.

peterstretchfn5.gif

I got tickets to go and see Sigur Ros on the 29th March ^_^

I wanted to get tickets to see Mogwai too but its on the same day as Sigur Ros... lol what are the changes eh? :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I recently got into "Bloc Party", don't know if they can be considered "indie", the term is rather vague, I think. But meh. I never though their singer was a black man btw.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I recently got into "Bloc Party", don't know if they can be considered "indie", the term is rather vague, I think. But meh. I never though their singer was a black man btw.

Yeh, my friend gave me their album 'Silent Alarm' and first of all I dismissed it as boring. But then after giving it another chance, i found that their melodies are freakishly catchy, and its so different, if you give it a chance, it will blow you away!

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

Heh, Belle and Sebastian are on my "to listen" list for ages now. :( Heard from then when I saw High Fidelity about 1,5 year ago, but I can't get around listening to them. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!