Death metal?

Devils_Dream

Ya it was directed at mypurplecrayon, who out of 3 paragraphs only had one talking about the vocals.

And I never said anything about "Only vocals", quit putting words in my mouth please.

Neither did he. I think its you putting words in his mouth.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are so stupid. Theres more to music than singing : o!!!

In case anyone hasnt got it yet: THERES MORE TO MUSIC THAN THE SINGER.

Guess opera isnt music, CANT UNDERSTAND THE WORdSS!!@@@ and orchestra has no chance in hell.

Hey Anthesia. You wanna quit correcting me now?

Like, right now. Not kidding.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Does your attitude stem from a feeling of inadeqacy? Is that why you have to be so hostile to people? It doesn't make people respect you, you know. Just makes you look like a belligerent tweenager who is incapable of having a proper discussion.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Right guys lets leave out the arguing.

Mypurplecrayon: stop trolling.

Phil.

Thanks for handeling it in PMs, like you always do.

You're the perfect Mod.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Does your attitude stem from a feeling of inadeqacy? Is that why you have to be so hostile to people? It doesn't make people respect you, you know. Just makes you look like a belligerent tweenager who is incapable of having a proper discussion.

I'm sorry.

But I was in a discussion with Che, thanks for getting into the middle of it.

And I have plenty of respect on here, maybe not from you (Reasons unknown to me) but that is fine with me.

I'm done here, because Phil wants me to be.

Dark Tranquility are where its at :)

and Boogie, you're thinking of Black Metal, which is cack.

How2PK: says you who used to listen to rotterdam terror corps and owns terrordome cds :wink:

logo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just have to put my post here. I'm definatly a metal head. But the wiered thing is I also like christian rock. Two completly different kinds of music but its my style. a mix of super heavy metal and soft christian. I wiered right?..... but hey at least Im honest. Check out my "Band name suggestions" forum. I need all the Ideas I can get for my band. please post your ideas there not here.

Thats not weird. Theyre both rock, right?

Anyway now death metal is pretty much all i listen to, with some black.

Bloodbath

Cryptopsy

Necrophagist

Kataklysm

Cryptopsy (Awesoemeeeeeemememe)

Carcass

Death

Deicide

Amon amarth

Dismember

Possessed

Cannibal corpse (sometimes)

Entombed

Those who think that death metal is gross or disgusting might

be right in a way, but I guess it's like a horror movie: it's just

entertainment, and if you can't stomach it than it just is'nt for you...

I'm surprised only a few people mentioned Death. Chuck

Schuldiner was a musical genius and one of the pioneers

of the genre- it's a shame that he passed away. If you like

thrash metal more than death metal but want a mix of the

two, Death is a good place to start; Death has always been

more technical than your average death metal band.

death metal is more than just screaming and growling....its the intrumentals we go for....how they can play music, which would normally be solos for most band, in more of an endurance kinda way...if you get what im say

they can play awesome intrumentals...but they do it through the whole song...which actually takes work compared to alot of lighter music...you see the drummer in most bands sweat...but you hardly see the whole band sweating (compared to death/black metal, that is)

btw im a rocker myself

fav bands are:

chimaira

lamb of god

devil drvier

all that remains

opeth

dimmu borgir

cannibal corspe

children of bodom

nile

amon amarth

shadows fall

machine head

acid bath

Oh yeah

to anyone that says anyone can pick up a guitar, blast out some noise and scream down a mic..

watch this and shut it :D

http://media.putfile.com/Children-of-Bo ... uitar-Dual

Alexi is awesome. :P

Btw, Children Of Bodom are not Death Metal.

They are Power Metal with harsh vocals.

Oh yeah

to anyone that says anyone can pick up a guitar, blast out some noise and scream down a mic..

watch this and shut it :D

http://media.putfile.com/Children-of-Bo ... uitar-Dual

Did anybody even say that?

Not yet (you probably checked the entire topic, I didn't so I'm not certain), but maybe they will the next few days.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

No; not everyone can play Vivaldi on a guitar -- but that's not blasting out some noise and screaming, is it? Nor is it typical death metal. Obviously they're skilled -- that doesn't mean that they don't usually blast music out of a guitar and scream.

(Not that I'm saying they do -- I've never listened to children of bodom (to my knowledge) -- just saying that that video doesn't stop a lot of death metal being noise and screaming).

Speaking of Children of Bodom, I'm going out to see them, Slayer, Lamb of God, and a few other bands in June! I'll be seeing Slayer for my second time... I have to say, they give an awesome live show.

Awsome. Lucky you :) .

No; not everyone can play Vivaldi on a guitar -- but that's not blasting out some noise and screaming, is it? Nor is it typical death metal. Obviously they're skilled -- that doesn't mean that they don't usually blast music out of a guitar and scream.

(Not that I'm saying they do -- I've never listened to children of bodom (to my knowledge) -- just saying that that video doesn't stop a lot of death metal being noise and screaming).

Ok. Most death metal is praised for having technical guitars. Obviously people dont listen to it for the singing, so i guess the instruments have to be fairly well played, IDIOT.

Speaking of Children of Bodom, I'm going out to see them, Slayer, Lamb of God, and a few other bands in June! I'll be seeing Slayer for my second time... I have to say, they give an awesome live show.

:o Your so lucky

Ok. Most death metal is praised for having technical guitars. Obviously people dont listen to it for the singing, so i guess the instruments have to be fairly well played, IDIOT.

actually singing (if you can call it that?) is one of the main parts of death metal. lots of bands actually sing occasionally, like it choruses too...idiot :)

logo.jpg