Steve Jobs - Apple Co-Founder Dead

The Observer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An absolutely amazing man; what a tragic loss his death is.

Take solace in knowing he's no longer in any pain.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

Rest in hell, sweet prince.

The most shrewd, devious, moneymongering CEO of our time.

-Sent from my iPhone

He has a point though. He was an iConic figure, who gave us lots of iStuff. Shut the hell up about all this world change [cabbage] though. He was a ruthlessly ambitious individual with his own vices (like everyone else). It is not worth lowering the memory of one man to elevate another's. Leave it at that.

That wasn't his point at all though, he's saying he's just an evil greedy person that's going to hell. I don't think he was any sort of revolutionary either but saying [cabbage] like that without anything to back it up just makes him sound like a 13 year old who doesn't like Apple trying to be edgy.

Shrewd: He was undeniably a visionary - advanced personal technology and shaped our culture. And his business model was amazingly successful.

Devious: Still a bastard. Not perfect. Deftly manipulated consumers to make money and grow his company. Increased US culture of consumerism, created one of the first and most popular "must have items".

Moneymongering: He ran Apple. Business model - make people buy the same [cabbage], just repackaged to be thinner and better looking. How many different generations of ipods are there, 6? He was very obviously after a lot of money and he was successful.

Rest in hell: I don't like him, just my personal opinion.

sweet prince: Still a major loss. He will be missed by many. He was not the devil, and he was very intelligent - his death is regrettable, regardless of your opinion of him.

I don't even know what the internet thinks of him, nor do I care.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Shrewd: He was undeniably a visionary - advanced personal technology and shaped our culture. And his business model was amazingly successful.

Devious: Still a bastard. Not perfect. Deftly manipulated consumers to make money and grow his company. Increased US culture of consumerism, created one of the first and most popular "must have items".

Moneymongering: He ran Apple. Business model - make people buy the same [cabbage], just repackaged to be thinner and better looking. How many different generations of ipods are there, 6? He was very obviously after a lot of money and he was successful.

sweet prince: Still a major loss. He will be missed by many. He was not the devil, and he was very intelligent - his death is regrettable, regardless of your opinion of him.

It's not like people didn't have any choice whether to buy the products, people liked them and so they bought them. I really don't see how he "manipulated" consumers.

He created and sold a product that people wanted and enjoyed and set a price that people were and are willing to pay for said product. Somehow, you have decided that this is a bad thing.

Still preying on the average US consumer. That's my opinion, you don't have to share it (nor does anyone else).

He created and sold a product that people wanted and enjoyed and set a price that people were and are willing to pay for said product. Somehow, you have decided that this is a bad thing.

Still preying on the average US consumer. That's my opinion, you don't have to share it (nor does anyone else).

Your opinion doesn't make any sense though.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Your opinion doesn't make any sense though.

To you, I guess not.

>be wrong

>get corrected

>block corrector

that'll get you far. whatever.

anyway back on topic, i wonder what effect this will have on the apple stock. obviously it's falling right now but i wonder when it will level out and start rising again / what effects this will have on the stock market at large.

Remember that Jobs apparently had a pretty big hand in each of Apple's products until recently. Although it could well even out, people are worried for the quality of future products.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Guest jrhairychest

Actually there's a lot here what you've said that I agree with. In the end they just re-packaged the MP3 player, made it shiny with a few bells and whistles and sold it as the Ipod. It all went from there. Jobs was good with branding his products and knew business but he was also a control freak and, in my opinion, would have driven Apple into the ground again. The whole company took on his persona.

It seems that you're getting grief from those who've heavily bought into the Apple gimmick and won't hear a thing said against them.

I'd have to agree with rocco here. I may not be a huge fan of Capitalism, but the fact is that Steve Jobs made a product that people liked, charged a price they were willing to pay for it, and the products were all LUXURIES. It's not like he was holding water ransom for $30 a bottle, for things like this, if you dislike the product or the price, you just don't buy it.

Think of it this way. You say he repackaged the MP3 player. Probably true, but in a market driven by competition, people preferred HIS ripoff to the original or any of the other ripoffs and were willing to pay for his over the others. Nothing devious about it, it's exactly how our economy is supposed to work.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.