Bilrach to be a playable character?

Sylpheed

31317jt.png

So I saw this randomly on RSWiki's imagestream while the forums were out...

As far as I could find, no pages link to it. There was no larger version available from clicking on it (supporting the previous sentence), so I saved it.

I don't know if it can still be found on RSWiki. The Mahjarrat in the picture does not resemble any current ones clothing-wise, as far as I am aware of.

Isn't that how General Khazard looked like in the quest?

No, I made sure to compare it to the current ones before posting. Interestingly (or not) the arms on this one are identical to Khazard's, though.

Hmmmm, I've uploaded the 'full' image to my photobucket account:

ernyw.png

Moe is 4210 posted it on Twitter last week, we assume it's a hacked cached model of Bilrach, a placeholder for him. It has the ring of Kinship symbol on his chest and has a rather large resemblance to General Khazard, the head, arms and feet. However he has robe bottoms which other people think are taken from Sliske/Lucien's model.

So this guy is currently a Mahjarrat made up of a few Mahjarrat. Tis a mystery at the moment!

After reading this in the screenshots thread a thought came to me. After playing as numerous different characters such as the signature heroes and Thok in the current Fremmy Sagas and knowing that there is a planned finale to the Dungeoneering storyline, I think it's highly likely that we will actually play as Bilrach (possibly the currently unused character model above) in the final saga.

It seems logical that this is the path Jagex will choose. All the current sagas deal with past events that have happened within Daemonheim with all of them placing emphasis on playing as other characters. The above character model has been confirmed to not be any of the existing Mahjarrat from RotM and to my knowledge no skinned version of the model exists indicating that it is Bilrach.

Of course, this is all conjecture but it seems to be pretty plausible and fits rather well. What are your thoughts?

Sylpheed.png

Holy crap! That makes sense! Though I hope the finale is more than just a Saga. New bonus floor? New boss? New rewards? I don't have 120 dungeoneering or anything, but damn I can't wait!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Nice to see the full image and (some of) the source. However:

Moe is 4210 posted it on Twitter last week, we assume it's a hacked cached model of Bilrach, a placeholder for him.

When I still had the RSMV (desperately searching for a working one at the moment, please PM me) textures did not appear. See his clothes? *I believe* they would be flat colors if taken from the cache model.

Now, obviously the background and shadow can be phoned in, but they look real enough. It goes without saying that they would definitely not appear in the cache with him.

I would say the pose/gaping "mouth" look odd, but they also resemble Khazard's respective features.

I believe instead that this was probably leaked through an official (obscure) video at some point.

It is of course possible (or even highly likely) that they included this with ROTM's new Mahjarrat models (although previously-existing Mahjarrat probably had their models replaced) and that it's currently in the cache, but as I said above, I can't personally verify it.

2dgucz6.png

Odd, if we really get to control him, then he missed the Ritual of Rejuvenation ;/

Sagas are stories of the past, so his current fate doesn't really matter.

Besides:

He is strongly hinted to be dead already

Yeah, my bad. I probably should have made it clear in the OP that it doesn't matter that he's already dead as all the current sagas are set in the past.

Like the other sagas, I imagine you would unlock it by finding that skeleton on the warped floors.

Sylpheed.png

The whole saga thing makes sense, but does Jagex actually have other sagas planned? Even if they planned on a Bilrach saga, how would they do it so things make sense (aside from him dying and all)?

Honestly, the idea of a saga to explain everything would be a good read/watch.

The whole saga thing makes sense, but does Jagex actually have other sagas planned? Even if they planned on a Bilrach saga, how would they do it so things make sense (aside from him dying and all)?

Honestly, the idea of a saga to explain everything would be a good read/watch.

Jagex have stated numerous times that there is a planned finale to the Daemonheim storyline and that it is currently unreleased.

Also, when the original sagas were released they mentioned that the three released were the first of more planned future releases. I think it even says so in the article for said update.

Sylpheed.png

I think they said there were to be more than 3 more sagas to be released? Wonder what level would be required for the saga finale...

I'm thinking 77, 95 then probably 110...just to troll the nubs like me who dunge only every so often

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

If there's 3 more to be released, I wonder if any more of them will be F2P.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If there's 3 more to be released, I wonder if any more of them will be F2P.

Probably not, since I'm guessing the next ones will have higher requirements then Thok it to 'em.

That's just what I think though.

That's a good point. You're probably right, but hope springs eternal. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If memory serves they actually said there was plans for 1 for each floor grouping.

Which would mean we have 1 low levelled saga due for abandoned 1

Then atleast 2 high levels for occult and warped.

As current sagas are frozen, furnished and abandoned 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If memory serves they actually said there was plans for 1 for each floor grouping.

Which would mean we have 1 low levelled saga due for abandoned 1

Then atleast 2 high levels for occult and warped.

As current sagas are frozen, furnished and abandoned 2

It would make sense to add atleast 1 saga for each floor theme.

Might be another free one then. ;)