25-Oct-2011 - Bot-Nuking Day: Making RuneScape Fairer and More Fun!

Da_Latios

I don't think suing players is a good idea. It comes across as petty. Sue the goldfarmers and bot makers sure, but don't sue your players.

Problem is, you're breaking their ToS, not any laws. Just a bad idea really.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think suing players is a good idea. It comes across as petty. Sue the goldfarmers and bot makers sure, but don't sue your players.

Unless of course using the software did stuff which does break laws such as break copyright (DMCA). The users aren't innocent here and if they have a problem with the action taken by Jagex they could always class action against the bot makers for false advertising "undetectable" etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Unless of course using the software did stuff which does break laws such as break copyright (DMCA). The users aren't innocent here and if they have a problem with the action taken by Jagex they could always class action against the bot makers for false advertising "undetectable" etc.

Still though, I don't thinl suing their players is a good idea. It still comes across as petty and pedantic.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

I doubt bot using is a breach in copyright law.

crossed_body.png

We'll find out soon enough.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I guess that would depend on how the bot interacts with the game.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I guess that would depend on how the bot interacts with the game.

And which exact copyright law you're referring to - some of em cover more than you might think, DMCA in particular.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Still though, I don't thinl suing their players is a good idea. It still comes across as petty and pedantic.

Except they aren't suing players, they're suing botters and only those that don't stop after Jagex sent out the warning.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Except they aren't suing players, they're suing botters and only those that don't stop after Jagex sent out the warning.

They're still suing players. Now if they only meant people using bots for goldfarming, I get that, kinda. And I get if they use it and violate the new trademarks that Jagex has.