25-Oct-2011 - Bot-Nuking Day: Making RuneScape Fairer and More Fun!

Da_Latios

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is about other bots devs still out there:

A vast amount of the other bots were simply repacks of the rsbuddy base system then their own scripts.

If they now lack a working rsbuddy base system to repack, are they gonna last? Cause there was no strong proof they could create a bot base from scratch prior to this change, let alone now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1 - Write and sell bot scripts for lazy whiners.

2 - ???

3 - Profit

4 - Secretly sell out to the owners of the game said scripts were destroying.

5 - ???

6 - More profit.

The underpants gnomes would be proud. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So, was Jacmob the source of the email addresses that Jagex mailed notices to?

If I were Jacmob, Id read the fine print of my contact with Jagex very carefully. Theyve reneged on similar promises before.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I believe that was PayPal.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

I believe that was PayPal.

You're right. It was PayPal.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

And in one foul swoop all of my favorite Runescape activities are possible again....

At this rate I'm gonna get re-addicted. :ohnoes:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I was just standing at Daemonheim, the previous banking hub for a good bunch of Nature RC bots.

I saw a bot log in. Then another. Then a third, a fourth and a fifth. I got worried that bots might be returning. Then they all disappeared.

All 5 bots that had logged in and tried to RC just went *poof*. Gone. They were gone so fast I didn't have time to report them.

It was wonderful.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

This is unexpected, and rather impressive.

Though I doubt Jacmob was secretly working undercover for Jagex. What is probable was Jagex sat down with him and made him an offer he couldn't possibly refuse -

:rolleyes:

No, really. Jagex don't have the resources to sue all the botters, but they sure as heck have the resources to sue him. Were I in the same boat, I think I'd probably take the deal too.

I was just standing at Daemonheim, the previous banking hub for a good bunch of Nature RC bots.

I saw a bot log in. Then another. Then a third, a fourth and a fifth. I got worried that bots might be returning. Then they all disappeared.

All 5 bots that had logged in and tried to RC just went *poof*. Gone. They were gone so fast I didn't have time to report them.

It was wonderful.

Wait, how did you know they were bots?

We are RSBots.net. We are legion. Expect us.

I love it. They've sunk to 4chan slogans. Nothing like a good internet meme to stir up fervent loyalty from your unsuspecting customer base of 14 year olds in a time of crisis, while milking them for all they're worth before jumping ship.

This is unexpected, and rather impressive.

Though I doubt Jacmob was secretly working undercover for Jagex. What is probable was Jagex sat down with him and made him an offer he couldn't possibly refuse -

:rolleyes:

No, really. Jagex don't have the resources to sue all the botters, but they sure as heck have the resources to sue him. Were I in the same boat, I think I'd probably take the deal too.

Yeah, that's the prevailing theory. It [programming] is something he likes to do anyway. I would take it if I were in his position.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Lied through his teeth, and he sold out to Jagex. He won't even refund the money that the botters paid for the scripts :lol: (well sources are conflicted on this)

Sounds like somebody you really want to hire into your company :rolleyes:

What's wrong with it? A company hiring from the competition? The best way to beat them is to have someone on board with their way of thinking.

Look beyond his lies to some kids buying scripts.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Here's another surprise: Jacmob developed a bot client that worked after the Bot Nuke. As sources on that forum have it, Jacmob took his bot client to RuneFest, showed it working with no problems in front of the mods (he had balls to do that, huh?) . Mod MMG et al. freak out. The two parties then discussed related matters privately and he apparently came out of the meeting with a job. :lol: Lucky guy. He'd been making cash selling scripts beforehand, now he has a legit career. Like others, I'm thinking he was threatened with legal action if he released the client. Either way, I wouldn't reject that job offer. He's making bank now.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Here's another surprise: Jacmob developed a bot client that worked after the Bot Nuke. As sources on that forum have it, Jacmob took his bot client to RuneFest, showed it working with no problems in front of the mods (he had balls to do that, huh?) . Mod MMG et al. freak out. The two parties then discussed related matters privately and he apparently came out of the meeting with a job. :lol: Lucky guy. He'd been making cash selling scripts beforehand, now he has a legit career. Like others, I'm thinking he was threatened with legal action if he released the client. Either way, I wouldn't reject that job offer. He's making bank now.

Fairly certain I read a quote from Mark on the RSOF (Probably eaten by Page 51) that said he'd offer a Job to a developer if they managed to get a bot up and running with 14 days. I'll dig further.

"Well, if they do it in 14~28 days as promised I'll offer them jobs at Jagex, but then again, they said they would be backup in a few hours a few days ago.

Alternatively, instead of a career at Jagex or McDonalds if more relevant, they could more likely end up spending their time in those lovely orange jumpsuits with the nice writing on the back

EDIT: So many exciting possibilities, only time will tell. "

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If.. and its a big if... Jacmob got a bot client working properly for more than an hour or two then its highly likely he broke some of Jagex's patented technologies to do so and would be ins serious legal troubles had he released it.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If.. and its a big if... Jacmob got a bot client working properly for more than an hour or two then its highly likely he broke some of Jagex's patented technologies to do so and would be ins serious legal troubles had he released it.

I think that's a major point of this new update.

It certainly doesn't make coding a bot impossible it just:

1) Makes it much harder to code

2) Makes it much easier to detect when running

3) Involves infringements on Jagex patents that make it much much easier to sue the dev with very little legal ambiguity and loopholes for them to escape in

Hence ruining the whole business model really as between extra workload, more angry customers from bans and very clear legal infractions to make it work it kinda would evaporate profitability.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It was wonderful.

Wait, how did you know they were bots?

I have seen this happen a bit too, and it's pretty easy to tell a bot when their name is 'hygjrogm tyhf'. My expectation is that goldfarming companies are logging into all of their accounts to take stock of how many they have left after the massive number of bans last week.

I went looking around a few goldselling sites to see if there were any signs of slowing down. A couple of them had no mention of the bot nuke, and a few actually said that they never used bots and were always human controlled. While I don't really believe that, it made me think; if gold farmers have to move from bots to real humans, will the price of gold jump back up? That last time that the goldfarming army was 'human' in any noticeable capacity would be back in 06/07 before free trade, and that's when gold was $5/M.

What's wrong with it?

Apart from the distinguishable severe character flaws that might become a problem in the future? Nothing at all.

Yes, being human is a severe character flaw. Seeing an opening for profit is huge sin and something no-one can ever change from.

Telling these kids you're bringing your bot back in 3 days certainly questions that humanity!

Taking a job offer because you're very well educated in that line of work after profiting from something along the same lines - acting somewhat as the competition, is a horrible act.

You are right.

(Note Regarding comment a few lines above: He stated they would be happy to refund any payment from 7 days after the announcement of the "Bot Nuke", but not before it.)

RIP Michaelangelopolous