Mazhar

Nice guide. I'm glad you learned a lot from mine.

never read yours, this was 100% personal experience, was never taught anything.. although I remember those days getting raged @ by grimy/ancient for opening doors over doing gds... good times, thankfully I wasn't corrupted like the rest ;/

Sent you a pm but just a note:

I remember dnging with you when you were really bad. Ik you're a great dnger now. But please don't act like you were always amazing, and don't pretend dgs uses the mentality of 1 keyer 4 gd'ers. I'm aware grimy and ancient aren't very good dngers. But they have both quit dnging and gained most of their xp ages ago when 25 minute floors were considered great.

P0lPXdo.png

Yeah I remember that vines. But wasn't just referring to that. You used to run people's gates for no reason and steal their keys, and sometimes wouldn't solo your path for survival, got lost a lot more, etc.

also on a side note for vines it's best to memorise each layout cuz each layout there's a fastest method of getting to the big flower. like the order of the flowers doesn't even matter, just the layout

JUST INCASE you didn't already know ^

But your mentality in general has been good. I disagreed with Grimy's mentality back then too, I just didn't have much say in DGS at that point. When I released v1 of my guide it was to change people's mentality, which for the most part, has suceeded in dgs. I thought you had read it, but apparently not. Take the time to sit down and read it, it's linked in the pm.

Only thing about your recent mentality I dislike is refusing to gate things and competing for paths. Ik the most fun part is pathing, and if you're with bad dngers it's best to have them gate/complete small paths, but you should trust good dngers more.

P0lPXdo.png

Idm people taking keys if they also gated the same door LOSSLESSLY. though if it's not communicated it can waste time. but for example; I remember 1 time where you ran toad's gate, then stole his key and did his path with him while we had a gd, toad was so mad L

BUT it doesn't really matter. I was a much worse dnger back then too, I definitely made lots of dumb mistakes

P0lPXdo.png

Nice guide, this is really something that all high level dgers need to read, or really anyone who has substantial knowledge/experience with the basic ways of dungeoneering (gds, skill rooms etc.).

I realized the other day that I need to have my team doing this kind of stuff more if I ever want to improve my floor times past where they currently are (mostly). Of course I'm not saying I'm an amazing keyer either, like I need to do more map reading and so on. But I have a lot of the main points down, so what I need now is my teams to improve this kind of stuff with me.

Also @ the argument of taking people's gates, honestly sometimes it is better if you some of the dgers. I've found myself taking people's gates before just because I know they have a slow reaction time, and if it's a small path I may as well open the door myself, if it's close. Though I don't know the people in question so this is probably not the case, just my personal experience.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I always thought soloing all gds was a bad idea because some gds are simply way too rape to do without taking a bunch of deaths. The concept is inherently pretty solid, but that one point certainly sticks out as a sore thumb to me. Could you elaborate on this? Otherwise, nice guide!

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

I always thought soloing all gds was a bad idea because some gds are simply way too rape to do without taking a bunch of deaths. The concept is inherently pretty solid, but that one point certainly sticks out as a sore thumb to me. Could you elaborate on this? Otherwise, nice guide!

Knowing how to survive, even when soloing gds, is a skill that needs to be learned. As you do it, you'll get better and more experienced at it, hopefully. Some tips are to know when to remove hood to avoid being dehooded, sidestep all the time, and use walls to your advantage (lure things to the opposite side of walls to minimize the number of things attacking you). Players with blood necks should know to lure multiple things to attack you at once, trading prayer for healing and extra dps. It's sometimes advantageous to gate-trick. This does two things: first, you don't take any damage while in the teleport animation to your gatestone. But you can also drop your gate in one part of the room, run to another, then tele back for the purpose of luring things. Also, if your gd is a very bad path, you can join the team at a more important gd while you rehood, or to snatch up some food; after all, if the gt as at the correct place, then whatever's there is more important than your gd and should be dealt with asap.

That's not to say that I believe every gd can be soloed without deaths. But the majority can.

podv4.png

I think it's worth noting that soloing a gd isn't going to work at lower levels. Gorg 2h and plate without turmoil simply isn't going to cut it. That being said, the concept is sound for higher levels.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

7ANh.png

I was being sincere - I had never thought that soloing every gd in a path would be faster than mgting there for most of the team to do it.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

For levers I can say "1 2 3" in a single tick so they all appear at the same time. I find a lot of people are idiots when it comes to "on 1" or "on pull" or "on 3" when I say only 3, but this works surprisingly. Also, levers should be 4-manned.

I have a habit of yelling out denk, because I keep forgetting which color is what player in the party...

Is it ever worth it to skip bonus rooms?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention