New Update

Vroqren

Because I'm not independently wealthy, I don't have a computer that can run the stupid new Java required to play, and the dumb client they suggested we use doesn't even work! It's been on the RSOF for a day now, tell the mods "Hey - believe it or not, we want to play, and get cool bonus's too!", but the mods either don't see it, or don't even care.

60.png

Join FC "w60_find_pen" For Penguins every week, and helpful people!

mertick.png

Or I've got an old PowerPC Mac, and can't afford a better one at the moment. This is Jagex telling me - "because you're a bit poor for now, you can't play our game." I'm paying for membership - and now they want me to buy a new computer just so that I can continue playing?

60.png

mertick.png

Can't afford a $100 laptop with Windows XP?

I am surprised you were able to run runescape efficiently enough on your "old PowerPC"

Giving him the advise to buy a crappy windows computer just for runescape is strange, (by crappy I mean that it only did cost $100, you can't expect much from that, and I think it would just as quick or maybe even slower as his PowerPC).

The real problem is apple not updating their old systems with java and jagex not making the client work for people with OS Leopard (Serious Leopard is not as old as you think it is, it is from 2007 that is as old as vista is.).

So you are saying he should buy a computer with an OS from 2001 on it to replace his computer with an OS from 2007? And if you don't like windows you wouldn't want that.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

download a newer OS, if your computer can support it, there are free downloads for OS's floating all over the web.

just saying that purely for information

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

download a newer OS, if your computer can support it, there are free downloads for OS's floating all over the web.

just saying that purely for information

Keywords. Unfortunately, I can't.

60.png

mertick.png

It's not Jagex's fault. Technology is always advancing, and so are software and hardware capabilities and competition. Jagex has to keep up, and if you live in the past, from whichever circumstance, then it's your fault, and not theirs.

And by that I mean that they need to cater to the many, and not 1/1million who still uses windows 95 and such.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I don't see how that's Jagex's fault though :/

It is half their fault for a not working client on older systems then Lion and snow leopard ;) While it does work on things like windows xp which is really old.

But yeah it is mostly the fault of apple for discontinuing java for older systems.

(Though I would like to say that apple also discontinued older java versions for Lion, and Runescape doesn't support the newest java versions)

@Crossed Body, I think that is very slow on that computer of his, and he would have to buy windows xp of cores ;)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

if you are techie enough to dual boot, ubuntu runs on damn near everything and then you could run it through openjdk on there. just a thought

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

I don't understand what your point is. Why complain here that you aren't wealthy enough (at the moment) to buy a new pc.

I crashed my graphics card a few weeks back and had to install the 3D card from my old pc, a geforce 7 series. Now I play very laggy and can't even play full screen.

Monday or tuesday my new card arrives. Should I blame Jagex too, my game ain't running smoothly?

Seriously people should complain less and enjoy life a bit more...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

It's hardly Jagex's fault that Apple has chosen not to release updates for older versions of their OS.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's hardly Jagex's fault that Apple has chosen not to release updates for older versions of their OS.

This is why Apple Junkies must have the latest Apple product.

No I think Apple just dropped support of non-intel based java, it is just bad luck that he has one of the few last computers models from Apple without an Intel processor.

Retired item crew