Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Fireplace

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Theros
  • RSN2:New Fatscape
Hello, and welcome to The Fireplace, where the Tavernites discuss possible new games amongst themselves and where I, hopefully, will manage to keep a list of games currently running or being drafted.

To get a game added to the list, just throw me or a Tavern Moderator a PM with the game's name and what list you wish for it to be placed under. Games Running is for games which are currently running - it has all the players it needs, is fleshed out, and people are playing it. Games In Enrollment are games which still need more players, but are otherwise ready to go. Games In Draft are games which are still having the fine details worked out, but have a decent core concept and a GM willing to run them. Falador Tavern Archives is for games that have run their course and are finished, but may be resurrected sometime in the future if the desire to do so is there and there is a willing GM if one is necessary.

Drafts in Storage has just recently been added into the list of categories. This is for games that are making no progress in the Draft stage. Any posts which do not show any progress after one month will be moved here so that Tavern members and newcomers know what to look forward to and not get confused between what is being worked on and what isn't.

Games Running:
Windward
Nimbus

Games In Enrollment:
The Millions War

Games In Draft:
Hegemony

Drafts in Storage:

Falador Tavern Archives:
Dungeoneering
Space
Hegemony
An Ocean of a Problem - Pathfinder Campaign

That list aside, this thread is for discussion of concepts, game structures, and generally Tavern games that are under construction. This is not the Back Room, and posts which are naught but off-topic will be killed with fire.

Edited by Ieyfura, 19 September 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Posted Image

Leiana
[ Display Name History ]

Leiana

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Leiana2213
Stork, what do you mean by games in draft? Also, I have mentioned about DE2 a bunch of times.... >_> I wasn't kidding about it.

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts
Games In Draft are games where the GM is still working on bits of the game, but wants people to know that it'll be ready relatively soon. Or it's games that are nearing completion through discussion in the thread.
Posted Image

Ieyfura
[ Display Name History ]

Ieyfura

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Ieyfura

Stork, what do you mean by games in draft? Also, I have mentioned about DE2 a bunch of times.... >_> I wasn't kidding about it.

Games in draft is a section to link to posts pertaining to games that users are working on. For example, if you would like Dream Ender 2 to be posted in this section, you may work up a post here in this topic. You can have it set to reserved and either Stork or myself will put a link to your post under the draft section so that others can see the progress you're making on your game and when to be ready for it.

Once it is finished, you can copy your post into a new thread and we'll create a link in the Enrollment section so that people know it hasn't started just yet, but it is officially ready. Hope that cleared things up for you :)
"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.
I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Posted Image

Leiana
[ Display Name History ]

Leiana

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN:Leiana2213
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................

I think I'm more confused than ever.... I'm not as smart as everyone else, I'm currently a slow learner.

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
Stork, I suggest that you add 'game ideas' to the categories of games so that we can keep track. I also have a game idea coming.

Posted Image

Ieyfura
[ Display Name History ]

Ieyfura

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 870 posts

Stork, I suggest that you add 'game ideas' to the categories of games so that we can keep track. I also have a game idea coming.

This thread is for game ideas as well. The whole linking to the idea is to link to the individual post within this thread.
I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Posted Image

Earth
[ Display Name History ]

Earth

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,351 posts
  • Location:Everywhere around you, including what you're standing on.
Hmm. I keep thinking up games, but I think I keep making them too complex. Gruh. Although I was considering doing something along the lines of an sc2 game... Anyone interested? I'd be basing it off the dungeoneering plate.
Posted Image
Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.
Memorable Crossroads Quotes.

Ieyfura
[ Display Name History ]

Ieyfura

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 870 posts

Hmm. I keep thinking up games, but I think I keep making them too complex. Gruh. Although I was considering doing something along the lines of an sc2 game... Anyone interested? I'd be basing it off the dungeoneering plate.

Sounds interesting. I dont' know much about the SC2 universe, but I'm all for it. :)

EDIT: It would appear we all have some ideas, but no one has written anything up yet. lol

Posted Image

Earth
[ Display Name History ]

Earth

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,351 posts
I'd have to figure which of the races I'd use..
Posted Image

Ieyfura
[ Display Name History ]

Ieyfura

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 870 posts
UPDATE: Drafts for each section are being worked on in Microsoft Word. As of now, no sections are currently updated. Will keep you guys posted as I update each section.
Two Realms Between (work in progress)
Quick explanation. This will be an RP game, with Dice based combat. Everything else will be done at my discretion. (so there will be no failing on logically easy tasks)

Story

Combat System

Combo System

Passing Combos To Teammates

Weapon Properties

Probabilities

Armor Properties

Items

Stats

Edited by ieyfura, 04 November 2011 - 09:11 AM.

Posted Image

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
I will be running this if there is sufficient interest.

Hegemony: Syndicates

The year is 2015 and there is a global economic crisis, prominent first world countries (including America, France Germany and China) have been split under the economic tension. Armed groups have formed and have begun self-governing autonomous regions devoid of official government.
You are the leader of a syndicate.

I will give you written reports on how your empire is doing and different news articles.

syndicate
noun |ˈsindikit|
a group of individuals or organizations combined to promote some common interest

You are the leader of large group of people, whether you are the CEO of a large cooperation, a crime-lord, a group of armed militia, members of a previous government or something else altogether is up to you. You will be competing with other syndicates including players in an attempt to establish yourself as the de facto leader of as much territory as you wish. But initially you will only start off with a small area of land.
You will be able to play this game as if it were a normal hegemony game, you will wage war, research, make alliances and break them.

Economy
The economy is pretty basic, you will recieve a percentage of the GDP per capita as tax. You can increase the GDP per capita by improving schooling and infrastructure.
You can encourage population food with lack of total-war and abundance of resources (good living conditions)

War
War is entirely grid based, you will command your army over different terrain to battle with your enemy in a similar way to chess. Different units will have different attack bonuses and speed bonuses similar to the civilisation games. You can upgrade traits of units by research, money or longer training. Certain units may have special abilitys such as causing damage over a wider area etc.

Technology
You can research technology by putting time and money into it, the more time and money you have put into it the more likely you will achieve it. Technology must be scientifically possible and realistic. Everybody starts with capabilities to create 2011 technology.
New designs although technically not research still need time and money put into them before they are viable.
I can estimate a time until finished however they may take more or less time in some cases.

Posted Image

Earth
[ Display Name History ]

Earth

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,351 posts
I need a general opinion before I can work on my idea. Do people who want to play my game want to do a story as Zerg, Protoss, or Terran? Then I can start figuring stoof out.
Posted Image

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts

I need a general opinion before I can work on my idea. Do people who want to play my game want to do a story as Zerg, Protoss, or Terran? Then I can start figuring stoof out.

I personally prefer roleplaying or writing about humans, it is easier to empathise with them. So personally I would go for Terran.
Zerg wouldn't make much sense since they don't seem to care much about civilians anyway.

I will play absoloutely every game unless its too confusing or there is some sort of cliche I can't bear.

Posted Image

Grim_
[ Display Name History ]

Grim_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  • RSN:Duke Grim IV
  • Clan:SODB

Sounds interesting. I dont' know much about the SC2 universe, but I'm all for it. :)

EDIT: It would appear we all have some ideas, but no one has written anything up yet. lol

If I could make a suggestion, don't spend the time and effort making your own system (unless you really *really* want to), rather it would be a decent idea to either strip down a wargame to manageable levels (if you're controlling multiple entities) or simply finding a system that works for you (iirc GURPS has a starcraft splatbook, though I can't comment on how good it is).
Posted Image

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
The back room deserves a sticky. I'm kinda sad to see it go. Such a shame it had to come to this...

Earth
[ Display Name History ]

Earth

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,351 posts
Not what I mean. With Terran I'd say something along the lines of a new breed of psionic supersoldIer who start by escaping a containment facility. Zerg would be a strain of highly mutative zerglings whO could change rapidly between Zerg strain to Zerg strain. Queen of blades sent you out to test you. Protoss... Hmm. A team of highly trained mechanics sent to field test and make repairs of your factions various prototypes and war machines.
Posted Image

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
I have an idea for a medieval semi-hegemony/dungeoneering game.

The king is dead, the righteous and just King Dydin has died. You are his rightful heir, however there are many heirs who have a claim as good as you do. Your job is to battle it out until the person who has ammased the most support of the people whether forcefully or through voting will win.

Purple = Farmland
Brown = Peasant houses and establishments
Teal = Military barracks, you can garrison military here to help defend areas
Orange = The palace is currently locked until a leader is found which will be at the end of one year. 1 day = 1 week.

Posted Image

Also there may be random events in which you will need to band together.

Posted Image

Earth
[ Display Name History ]

Earth

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,351 posts
So I got two people willing to try my game... Any others, and your preferences for the stroy? Got one Terran.
Posted Image

Jehosaphat
[ Display Name History ]

Jehosaphat

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,927 posts
Reservation post for a new RTD - currently listed under Games in Enrollment

Setting: Modern fantasy, magic and fantasy races only recently discovered
Combat System:

Stats:

Other:
Leveling System

Enchantment System

Base Character Sheet:

Player Limit: 6
Base Rules: Non-combat actions decided based on 1d6 + ability modifiers. Play by post, not by session. Turns will be done once all players have submitted actions. GM does the dicerolling.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users