15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!

tripsis

Wow this stinks.

As someone who has 200m in smithing and earnt that rank knowing various other f2p accounts and having a bit of history there.. or even ones I dont know but gained a 200m rank I fully support their continue right to be recognized....

I dont want an inproper rank due to retarded jagex decisions either. =/ There is history they are disregarding with no concern for anyone but their business. Its bs they just make some of those names 'disappear' as they earnt that right aswel as the rest of us members. (Obviously they deserve it more as its harder even)

Obviously their reasoning is also illogical as it typically is. =/

Wow seriously I cant yet comprehend knowing that some of my friends names (And rest in general) will lose their recognition after some spend freaking YEARS getting their rank ffs.

Are they TRYING to upset people in general with this update or seriously think its a good business move. =s

Even besides that.. Its history of what achieved what first. That included f2p.. Its messes it up not to include them. I want an accurate rank based on all players as I deserve. I dont deserve better due to being a member compared to a f2p account being removed. Any f2p who gets a better rank than a member freaking deserves it and is a accurate showing of hs and the history of hs.

Wow im so sorry to f2p for this update. You dont deserve such bad treatment.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if someone really wants to play only the free-to-play version of the game, which in my ears sounds just silly, why can't they for example make a small fee to get your account into the hiscores for good? You pay few dollars once and you get your account eternal ticket to the highscores, no matter whether you're free-to-play or pay-to-play. This only concerns accounts who have never bought membership. If you buy membership, you'll get that eternal ticket to hiscores automatically. This should at the same time remove those accounts that are not active anymore.

If you really can't pay that few dollars a month to enjoy the full game, then I don't have that much pity on you. Jagex is a company that funds it's servers and employees by the people who pay for their product. If you are not going to pay for the game, why should you have a word on what they do with their product?

u5zhkTY.gif

Well if someone really wants to play only the free-to-play version of the game, which in my ears sounds just silly, why can't they for example make a small fee to get your account into the hiscores for good? You pay few dollars once and you get your account eternal ticket to the highscores, no matter whether you're free-to-play or pay-to-play. This only concerns accounts who have never bought membership. If you buy membership, you'll get that eternal ticket to hiscores automatically. This should at the same time remove those accounts that are not active anymore.

If you really can't pay that few dollars a month to enjoy the full game, then I don't have that much pity on you. Jagex is a company that funds it's servers and employees by the people who pay for their product. If you are not going to pay for the game, why should you have a word on what they do with their product?

Or they could just split the highscores to f2p and p2p and not charge retarded fees.

Or they could just split the highscores to f2p and p2p and not charge retarded fees.

^^This, seriously (about the splitting, not the fees).

Come on, it's been a long term request that Jagex split up P2P and F2P. In addition, been asked for not counting inactive accounts. So really good on Jagex for doing that part. What I don't understand is them completely removing F2P. There's no benefit and only detriment to that idea.

If there are high score tables, there should be selections:

-All, P2P or F2P;

-Active last month, last 6 months, or all time.

*For F2P high scores, they only count F2P skills for total ranking.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Guest jrhairychest

He did, he tried members on an other account.

If that is true then my bad and my apologies on this point.

What will fix this problem is just to ask money for services, like 1dollar/euro/pound (w/e) per month for an active f2p being in the highscores.

So...would they pay for this considering they won't pay the £/$ for membership anyway? I'll stress the word "won't" as in this day and age pay cards are easy to get and most of the kids/young adults seem to have more money than me these days. They seem able to fritter it away on other junk so why not just pay members and settle the matter?

Or if someone really wants to play the free to play version only... Buy membership, never log into members world, stay on hiscores, keep playing the way you want.

If you're not paying because you simply refuse to pay for the game, with that being the only reason (not like you want to just play the free to play "version" because you like it more), I don't see where you need the hiscores in the first place. I understand people wanting to follow their progress and celebrate and boast with their achievements, and wanting to achieve something even "harder" way by doing it F2p only, but I don't see what that has to do with anyone feeling mistreat because they would have to pay few dollars for it? Everyone else would pay it aswell... :???:

I really don't care what they do with the highscores. Be it splitting it into two sections for F2p and P2p, not doing anything at all, removing inactive accounts or whatnot, as long as it serves as well as possible the interests of the paying customers.

u5zhkTY.gif

So...would they pay for this considering they won't pay the £/$ for membership anyway? I'll stress the word "won't" as in this day and age pay cards are easy to get and most of the kids/young adults seem to have more money than me these days. They seem able to fritter it away on other junk so why not just pay members and settle the matter?

Because sometimes companies don't deserve the money. It's the reason I don't buy EA's games. It's the reason I go months without subscribing to runescape.

Treating your costumers like garbage is never the way to earn their trust and money. I'd have thought with the good examples valve and steam provide, other companies would learn.

crossed_body.png

Guest jrhairychest

Because sometimes companies don't deserve the money. It's the reason I don't buy EA's games. It's the reason I go months without subscribing to runescape.

Treating your costumers like garbage is never the way to earn their trust and money. I'd have thought with the good examples valve and steam provide, other companies would learn.

So.......if they don't deserve the money then why should a free player deserve to be on the high scores?

I'm beginning to think, Jagex lost a lot of profit banning bots. Just sayin

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

They don't deserve your money? Then don't pay. Others will pay for the content they want. Don't expect to have the same content as the customers who are paying for it. You aren't paying. You don't deserve it. :unsure:

u5zhkTY.gif

Guest jrhairychest

So.......if they don't deserve the money then why should a free player deserve to be on the high scores?

You missed the point. I was only addressing the "why" they don't, or should not pay.

No point missed, Why should anyone who thinks Jagex doesn't deserve money and won't pay think they should go on the high scores? Is your stance kind of a free-range one where you'll decide to pay one minute then won't the next? Kind of half-rebellious?

no pay no say

-Well I pay and I say that F2P should be listed in their own high scores. Like others say, it should be a filter for either all players, p2p or f2p. By the way, in a game where there's on open forum, you have to offer a better argument that "No pay, no say".

-I don't see many complaints if at all about the time filter. That's legit, though it should be a selectable filter.

-I like that they're expanded what's things are listed on the high scores. Hopefully it'll be things people love to compete.

-I'd love if for the skill total list they'd use what a player's skill total would be if there were no skill cap. In other words skills (on score board only) go from 1 to 126 so 3500 skill total if you get 200 mill in all skills. Just seeing a bunch of capped out players only seperated by experience points is not cool.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

No point missed, Why should anyone who thinks Jagex doesn't deserve money and won't pay think they should go on the high scores? Is your stance kind of a free-range one where you'll decide to pay one minute then won't the next? Kind of half-rebellious?

It's the other way around. Why should somebody wish to pay a company that purposely takes away pre-existing futures, in effect reducing their enjoyment of the game? It's a simple matter of not being willing to pay somebody that has backstabbed you in the past.

As for why they didn't pay before that happened, the reasons are too great to list. Perhaps they are not happy with the pay to play content? Maybe they impose the challenge of being f2p on themselves, much like skillers don't train combat? Perhaps they do not have the financial means to do so? Or maybe they just don't have enough time to invest in the game to warrant paying for it.

Thing is, if you treat your possible costumers like trash, they'll be less inclined to buy from you in the future.

crossed_body.png

It's the other way around. Why should somebody wish to pay a company that purposely takes away pre-existing futures, in effect reducing their enjoyment of the game? It's a simple matter of not being willing to pay somebody that has backstabbed you in the past.

As for why they didn't pay before that happened, the reasons are too great to list. Perhaps they are not happy with the pay to play content? Maybe they impose the challenge of being f2p on themselves, much like skillers don't train combat? Perhaps they do not have the financial means to do so? Or maybe they just don't have enough time to invest in the game to warrant paying for it.

Thing is, if you treat your possible costumers like trash, they'll be less inclined to buy from you in the future.

I don't really follow your logic. How are they backstabbing, and taking away pre-existing features from people who pay? I have yet seen a situation where they take something that doesn't harm the game as a whole (like those dicebags) away from the people who pay. How can you say Jagex backstabbed you, or you wouldn't pay again if they removed highscores from those who never paid for the game in the first place? :???:

u5zhkTY.gif

Just be thankful that they didn't remove f2p completely.

F2p'ers should consider themselves lucky they had highscores for this long. Non paying customers have no weight in their opinions or do they have the right to complain. Especially the people who have f2p 99's they've gotten hundreds of hours of FREE entertainment should really be ashamed, with membership having about 10x new ways to pay then you could with the launch of RS2, those people who grind out 99's f2p have no excuse. It would be entirely different if runescape was a micro-transaction game, in which case the game was funded by small purchases of cosmetic/vanity items etc, but it isnt.

I wouldn't put it past jagex to removed f2p and just limit all non paying accounts to a 10/20/30 hour limit before having to subscribe or something along those lines to increase the % of f2pers that become subscribers. Because in the eyes of jagex all f2p is giving potential customers/players a way to try a portion of the game before they commit.

TLDR F2P is a glorified demo, stop [bleep]ing.

Winarr.png

Felt like pointing this out (sorry if it was already said). Jagex cleverly decided to announce this will they announced the removal of dice. This way the forums will be clogged with dice ranters and no one will notice about the highscores.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

Felt like pointing this out (sorry if it was already said). Jagex cleverly decided to announce this will they announced the removal of dice. This way the forums will be clogged with dice ranters and no one will notice about the highscores.

I thought of that. It'd also explain why they didn't announce it in the bts.

crossed_body.png

If that was their plan, then it backfired. The future updates section is full of complaints (from non-members and members alike) about this.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I thought they were quite proud about the F2P Golden joystick and now they are taking a path that leads away from getting it again? :unsure:

But they didn't win this year so they're bitter and decided to butt-[bleeep] F2P as petty revenge? <_<

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

F2p'ers should consider themselves lucky they had highscores for this long. Non paying customers have no weight in their opinions or do they have the right to complain. Especially the people who have f2p 99's they've gotten hundreds of hours of FREE entertainment should really be ashamed, with membership having about 10x new ways to pay then you could with the launch of RS2, those people who grind out 99's f2p have no excuse. It would be entirely different if runescape was a micro-transaction game, in which case the game was funded by small purchases of cosmetic/vanity items etc, but it isnt.

I wouldn't put it past jagex to removed f2p and just limit all non paying accounts to a 10/20/30 hour limit before having to subscribe or something along those lines to increase the % of f2pers that become subscribers. Because in the eyes of jagex all f2p is giving potential customers/players a way to try a portion of the game before they commit.

You act like you've never played the game without paying for it. At one point, we all did. It's also been the case that Jagex has denied that F2P was a glorified demo. Those words used to have weight, but more or less they're getting trampled over.

Although truth be told, if Jagex went to an all-subscription model, I'm not sure what the difference would be...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

You act like you've never played the game without paying for it. At one point, we all did. It's also been the case that Jagex has denied that F2P was a glorified demo. Those words used to have weight, but more or less they're getting trampled over.

Although truth be told, if Jagex went to an all-subscription model, I'm not sure what the difference would be...

They could finally drop all the pretense? :thumbup:

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!