15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!

tripsis

Like someone walks up to you. Hey I'm gonna steal your bike and I'm stealing it because the tire is flat.

"Why, my sweet little tot," the fake Santy Claus lied,

"There's a light on this tree that won't light on one side.

"So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear.

"I'll fix it up there. Then I'll bring it back here."

Oh my god. I would LOVE to spam RSOF with this quote.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more like

1)People are upset about the decision itself

2)People are upset about Jagex messing with f2p like they're worth nothing again.

And what about the ones who left members because they just didn't want to play anymore but have amazing stats in numerous skills? Will their achievements not be reflected on the HS despite their countless hours in P2P in ages past?

modmarkl.jpg

I think it's more like

2)People are upset about Jagex messing with f2p like they're worth nothing again.

And what about the ones who left members because they just didn't want to play anymore but have amazing stats in numerous skills? Will their achievements not be reflected on the HS despite their countless hours in P2P in ages past?

Why'd they care about that if they didn't want to play? It's not like you need e-fame on runescape when you don't play it.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

I can't believe there's this much fuss about a service that was entirely free for about ten years being (only partially) withdrawn. The analogy with the bike only works if the bike was given for free in the first place.

I can't believe there's this much fuss about something that was entirely free for about ten years being (only partially) withdrawn. The analogy with the bike only works if the bike was given for free in the first place.

What does it inconvenience?

- Major clans who have a substantial F2P base

- Third party stat trackers

- Dynamic signatures

- Pures

People are free to draw whatever conclusions they wish about F2P's state (I know I have), but ultimately, inconveniencing the community is the major reason for the fallout.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

For what it's worth, F2P players will also no longer be able to automatically pull up their stats if using Tip.It skill calculators, planners, etc.

yeah, but it's not hard to manually put in your stats either :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

I think it's more like

Why'd they care about that if they didn't want to play? It's not like you need e-fame on runescape when you don't play it.

No but rank is one of the few things you have to show for the time you spent on this game. I was proud when I got 99 Mining and could tell which # I was to get it. But now people like Kaida23 won't be able to since their stats "don't matter on the high scores list" even though Kaida23 has a far higher Mining level and rank than a great deal of the RS population, AND while being F2P. If anything, get rid of P2P high scores because whatever ranks that P2P can get, F2P has to work over twice as hard to achieve.

modmarkl.jpg

Did anyone else catch that Jagex didn't include "The No.1 Free Online Multiplayer Game" on the new webpage. At least they accepted that.

I suppose they think that gives them a pass to do whatever they like to their free-player userbase :P

Mod MMG: *to staff members* Okay guys, we've lost the Golden Joysticks this year. We can stop trying to look good now.

Staff: \o/

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

For what it's worth, F2P players will also no longer be able to automatically pull up their stats if using Tip.It skill calculators, planners, etc.

yeah, but it's not hard to manually put in your stats either :P

You can't claim that your company "supports" fansites, and then destroy the functionality of one of the greater tools a fansite offers.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I'd sure like to know which J-mod came up with this brilliant idea.

Too bad Anonymous/Lulzsec/etc. probably aren't too "interested" in gaming websites... *whistles*

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Did anyone else catch that Jagex didn't include "The No.1 Free Online Multiplayer Game" on the new webpage. At least they accepted that.

I think the only consolation prize is that Jagex (with their new site update) isn't spouting nonsense about it being "the world's largest free MMO" anymore. At least, I didn't notice any of that.

Miles ahead of ya, buddy. ;)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

I'd sure like to know which J-mod came up with this brilliant idea.

Too bad Anonymous/Lulzsec/etc. probably aren't too "interested" in gaming websites... *whistles*

F2P can't have Highscores? Then no one can!!!

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Guest jrhairychest

I'm concluding that with all this outrage and feeling of injustice that many of you will be quitting RS now (both P2P and F2P). After all it's something that many feel passionate about. So, who's leaving then?

As far as ideology goes, yes, taking away hiscores from f2p would definitely fit with those hacking groups...as well as the occupy protesters out there.

99% of paid members today started out in f2p, and I bet 90+% of those earned at least one spot on the f2p hiscores before buying membership. This might get your a handful more members in the short run, but in the long run, this can only harm your own finances. But what do the new jagex care? Money now, game can die later.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Isn't going to have an effect on anything. If F2Per's don't like it and choose to quit instead of upgrade then no loss to jagex. It will make new members happy as well because they will be able to gain ranks faster instead of being rank 300k at 80 wc or whatever it is.

L2pullout.png

Isn't going to have an effect on anything. If F2Per's don't like it and choose to quit instead of upgrade then no loss to jagex. It will make new members happy as well because they will be able to gain ranks faster instead of being rank 300k at 80 wc or whatever it is.

That is the thing, no one becomes a member in this game without going through f2p 1st. If jagex truly wanted to remove inactive accts from the list, they can just do so by login date - perhaps also have a "full vs active" hiscores going on.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

People saying "just pay for it, don't deserve it, bla bla bla"

One. Probably half of the people complaining about this are actually current RS members. Who pay. Frankly, the amount of people dismissing the complaints against this update, is (I'm pretty sure) smaller then the amount of MEMBERS who are complaining/disagreeing with it. I honestly think no hgihscores removal would win in a P2P only poll, judging by this thread.

Two. I fail to see how this actually helps Jagex. Of all the appealing things off being a member, the highscores list isn't up there. It's more likely to hurt Jagex in the long run since most members spend a long time being F2P and the lack of highscores in F2P could detract from it. It's been suggested time and time again that Jagex just put an activity filter and maybe a F2P/P2P filter. As for competition, I dunno, offer something members only for competition? In-game stat-tracker things... be creative. But don't take away something from F2P and limit it to P2P. Jagex is supposed to come out with NEW content for P2P and F2P is supposed to get the recycled stuff.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

That is the thing, no one becomes a member in this game without going through f2p 1st. If jagex truly wanted to remove inactive accts from the list, they can just do so by login date - perhaps also have a "full vs active" hiscores going on.

That's just it. They have that information as to when you logged in, why not use it!?

s1L0U.jpg

Jagex has just stopped giving a shit, plain and simple. <_<

Even if they did, that shouldn't mean that a shred of logic won't prevail...no wait, maybe it does...

s1L0U.jpg

Jagex has just stopped giving a shit, plain and simple. <_<

Even if they did, that shouldn't mean that a shred of logic won't prevail...no wait, maybe it does...

I'm just gonna go to sleep, have a weird sex dream about Ezkaton, and then start the day fresh tomorrow. :thumbup:

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

I'm just gonna go to sleep, have a weird sex dream about Ezkaton, and then start the day fresh tomorrow. :thumbup:

Wait, what? :blink:

Ezk, you been fraternizing with the members again? :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...