15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!

tripsis

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they aren't as proud of their '#1 f2p game' compared to a few years back.

Probably just said screw it when they realized it's not the #1 f2p game anymore.

And if they keep going this way it never will be again.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

As a response to all the posts saying: "Just pay for it." I ask, what if I no longer play? Should my account just be erased from the records? Should my hard-earned stats be invisible to everyone but me?

It might just be me, but I'd appreciate it if JaGeX actually acknowlegded that I played their game for quite some time.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

I guess they aren't as proud of their '#1 f2p game' compared to a few years back.

Probably just said screw it when they realized it's not the #1 f2p game anymore.

And if they keep going this way it never will be again.

I don't think they have any intention of really bothering anymore.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

Why does everybody suddenly care about being on the highscores?

They obviously have their reasons for making it members only. I really don't see the big deal. And don't tell me "It shows Jagex doesn't care at all about F2P" because that couldn't be any more wrong.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

As a response to all the posts saying: "Just pay for it." I ask, what if I no longer play? Should my account just be erased from the records? Should my hard-earned stats be invisible to everyone but me?

It might just be me, but I'd appreciate it if JaGeX actually acknowlegded that I played their game for quite some time.

So you want somebody to give you a favour in return for... nothing.

Seems fair.

I guess there aren't a lot of activities where members and free-players are in one setting actively aside from f2p clans, which is the only reason why I was upset.

I guess it won't be that bad, but it's still...jarring to see something so fundamental changed like that.

hzvjpwS.gif

They obviously have their reasons for making it members only. I really don't see the big deal. And don't tell me "It shows Jagex doesn't care at all about F2P" because that couldn't be any more wrong.

As I said earlier, the biggest problem I have with it is the way it messes with exp tracking and skills calcs. And needing to keep on subscribing to stay on top of 200M is pretty lame too, Toony earned his spot as #1 slayer.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Inb4 my woodcutting and fishing ranks go down by like a million.

I wonder what would happen if someone with 200M XP, and a low rank lost their membership for a few days..

Would they regain their original rank, or put at the end as if they had just gotten the 200M? :/

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Oh wow, go hide the hiscores removal in a shitty 'in other news' section in a shitty post about a new website that I would've never have read.

[bleep] jagex really - they better not claim to be a "free" mmorpg after this.

Basically, pay for life or your progress in this game never existed to the public. Not a single mmo out there does this kind of crap and yet here again we have jagex leading in innovation of utter nonsense.

And also, gf even more new players - a grindy game like rs with no hiscores will have pretty subpar attraction.

The game is already dying, and jagex has to strangle it in the neck for the last breath instead of giving it cpr.

No hope.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Inb4 my woodcutting and fishing ranks go down by like a million.

I wonder what would happen if someone with 200M XP, and a low rank lost their membership for a few days..

Would they regain their original rank, or put at the end as if they had just gotten the 200M? :/

If you are subscribed before this update, you have a 14 day tolerance. If you aren't a member at the time of the update and subscribe afterwards you have a 7 day tolerance.

But if you let it lapse that long and resubscribe, then yes, the 200m guy would be at the end of the 200m list.

O wow, I did not even think about the rank changes...this is just beyond unfair.

I hope jagex realizes that nobody subscribes forever and taking away this feature will take away such an important feature and draw for this epic grindfest known as rs.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Oh wow, go hide the hiscores removal in a shitty 'in other news' section in a shitty post about a new website that I would've never have read.

Yet that's the part of the announcement everyone is talking about.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yet that's the part of the announcement everyone is talking about.

I was wondering why this 'website post' had so many replies...

Then I actually read the damn thing.

I can't believe that jagex is so cowardly that they would even try to hide it like this.

Seriously jagex, stand and face us.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

You also have to think of one of the main reasons people play Runescape, to compete with other players. You take this away from F2P and new players will wonder why they are grinding away when no one will be able to see their accomplishments. How will they attract new members then?

Wow I am beyond words. Few people actually play for RANKS as opposed to an actual LEVEL. Ranks don't even matter until you've achieved 99 in said skill. And what about those who go and just play to PLAY but are interested in their progress?

And what about maxed F2P?

JagEx is [bleep]ing retarded, this is making me rethink even buying members for December and January (my original plan).

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I think the reason why people are upset is twofold.

1) People are legitimately upset over the decision.

2) Jagex is giving some BS reason for why it is happening.

Like someone walks up to you. Hey I'm gonna steal your bike and I'm stealing it because the tire is flat.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

Lol'd when someone pointed out at RSOF that the new runescape logo looks like Rune$cape

Screenshot that, make it into a sig, and I'll rock it here.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Lol'd when someone pointed out at RSOF that the new runescape logo looks like Rune$cape

It kinda does, but you have to have an eye geared to seeing the $ in RuneScape anyway.

Linux User/Enthusiast | Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It kinda does, but you have to have an eye geared to seeing the $ in RuneScape anyway.

And the American symbol for money, even though they're British. Let 'em know where their money comes from baby. :shades:

I think the reason why people are upset is twofold.

1) People are legitimately upset over the decision.

2) Jagex is giving some BS reason for why it is happening.

Like someone walks up to you. Hey I'm gonna steal your bike and I'm stealing it because the tire is flat.

Tbh, they haven't given a BS reason, you just have to read a bit more carefully "We want the hiscores to reflect the full range of content that RuneScape has to offer, and hope that they will be a big draw to the full, members’ game for those interested in high-level RuneScape competition on a level playing field."

So it's clear that they *want* to keep f2p out and not just as the victim of a big sweep...The only thing that has a chance of happening atm(considering the outcry is not strong enough to make them change their stance) is the introduction of a hall of fame for 200m people, to make clear who got that first.

I think it's more like

1)People are upset about the decision itself

2)People are upset about Jagex messing with f2p like they're worth nothing again.

"Why, my sweet little tot," the fake Santy Claus lied,

"There's a light on this tree that won't light on one side.

"So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear.

"I'll fix it up there. Then I'll bring it back here."