Driving stories, complains, and other experiences

Vezon Dash

*I've* never been almost attacked (thank god), but that's where brother stories come in.

There's an intersection where its fairly difficult to make a left turn. Not many people turn there, so they didn't need give it an arrow or something. That's cool. So one day my brother and his friends (bro wasn't driving, his out of province friend was is sitting there, and the pedestrian light is blinking (like its a couple seconds left), and a jackass pedestrian starts walking across and my brothers friend makes the turn by going around the pedestrian (by cutting through the other lane cause there was no car there).

Anyway, its a residential street so they aren't going to fast, and the pedestrian starts chasing them, screaming at them. At this point I should point out there are 4 university age guys in the car, at least one of whom was built like a tank, and the guy chassing them was not big. Apparently the friend driving just slammed on the brakes, and got out, and asked if there was a problem, and the guy started running in the other direction.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, a big middle finger to those who make truckers lives harder. [bleep] you.

Agreed, these people are [wagon] and think they own the road, while it's the truckers that have the most experience most of the time.

Exactly.

Not only that, but generally in courts they favor the non-commercial vehicles: it was the truckers fault. So please do them a favor and stop cutting them off for no reason.

Agreed, as long as the truckers on the highway STOP TRYING TO PASS WHILE ONLY GOING 2 FREAKING KILOMETERS AN HOUR FASTER THAN THE TRUCK THEY'RE PASSING! Sorry, but I got stuck behind people doing this a lot today and I'm a little peeved about it. :angry:

This actually happens a lot. I timed it once before and it took one truck 23 minutes to pass the other. It took a whole episode of Seinfeld to pass another truck, while the traffic piled up behind him.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

[bleep] tailgaters, [bleep] idiots who cut me off, [bleep] people who can't follow the limit, and [bleep] people who text and drive.

Agree with this. I've been driving for just over two years now, and just got my own car (2000 Subaru Legacy) a month ago.

Car.jpg

The only scary experience I've had was in that car the first time it snowed this year; I was still on well-worn summer tires (not even all-seasons), so I expected the hill I live on to be a bit slick going down... but dear god I nearly went off twice. First one going around a downhill blind corner, the back started to come around and I was doing the whole correct-straight-correct-straight thing all the way into the other lane, lucky there was no car. Then when I got to the bottom, the car of course wouldn't stop, so I used engine braking (new idea at the time, only been driving stick for two days) to get it stopped. I'm quite certain that if I was in a automatic the car wouldn't have stopped. Now I have a nice set of studded tires, boy does that make a difference. Either way I still love driving in the snow, the studded tires allow a little fun without it being dangerous like it was with the summer tires.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Anyway, a big middle finger to those who make truckers lives harder. [bleep] you.

I'm a massive dick to anyone that inconveniences a truck driver. I did 70 in a 100 zone because someone changed lanes and then slammed their brakes in front of a semi. The semi had turned off before I slowed down and the guy spent 10 minutes bashing his dash, beeping the horn and presumably screaming at me.

Not only that, but generally in courts they favor the non-commercial vehicles: it was the truckers fault. So please do them a favor and stop cutting them off for no reason.

If I ever hear of someone winning in court because they collided with a B-Double that was turning I'm going to burn their [bleep]ing car.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Well, let's just say if we do get the freezing rain they told us we'd have tomorrow I'm not even chancing it, with too many people not having their winter tires yet. I'm going to walk to college instead of using the car. We didn't even have our first snow yet when usually we have it mid-october.

Same here. They were predicting freezing rain for today, and instead it's been snowing since about 2am. Fortunately, my truck has its winter tires. :thumbsup:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Been in a couple of bumps, none serious and none when I've been the driver.

Had a few funny/scary things happen, most of which happened not long after my friends and I had passed our tests. The best thing was skidding my friends old car about an abandoned car park last winter in the snow. So much fun.

Pet peeve at the minute is people who just abandon their cars when parking them. Theres one road in and out of the street I live on and the people that live in the adjoining road park their cars all along either side so it reduces it down to one lane in the middle, which is a nightmare at the best of times but they've been leaving their cars sticking out into the small bit of space thats left in the middle. I barely managed to get through in a small hatchback, if there was a fire or something, theres no chance a fire engine or ambulance would've made it through that gap. It's not just inconsiderate, its damn dangerous.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Same here. They were predicting freezing rain for today, and instead it's been snowing since about 2am. Fortunately, my truck has its winter tires. :thumbsup:

Well, in the end it's just cloudy here so I guess I got lucky.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Same here - stuck or jackknifed buses (but they don't need snow tires, no not at all), trucks rolled over in the median, I even saw a police car that had slid off the off ramp into the ditch.

I also heard that this morning a truck that tried to pass a Greyhound bus on Highway 7 (2 lanes, 80km/h limit), drove head on into another truck and hit the bus. As of a half hour ago, the highway was still closed. :(

It's winter time kiddies. Let's all drive carefully.

Yep, passed two cars upside down on the way home today. If the snow keeps up, I'm looking forward to taking my car up the mountain to go skiing on Friday. :D

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Dear Tailgaters,

If you wish to continue along above speed limit, simply overtake me, staying behind me easing up to my bumper is not the smartest thing to do, as I will proceed to ease down to 20mph under speed limit until I see a police car or you overtake me. Choose wisely.

Your enemy, a trolling kid in a busted jetta.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Dear Tailgaters,

If you wish to continue along above speed limit, simply overtake me, staying behind me easing up to my bumper is not the smartest thing to do, as I will proceed to ease down to 20mph under speed limit until I see a police car or you overtake me. Choose wisely.

Your enemy, a trolling kid in a busted jetta.

Sometimes I randomly tap my breaks to make them freak out. It usually works too. =p

Actually a single gentle tap on the break means that you're too close. For example if someone is tailgating me, I'll tap a single shot to tell them that they're too close. If they continue tailgating me, I slow down to the speed limit until they pass me, then I get back to my normal speed.

I do the brake tapping too.

When that doesn't work, I use the handbrake to bring myself down 10-15 km/h, wait for they to get close, then tap my brakes while hitting the gas if they don't seem to notice that I slowed down. Normally they realise it before I have to tap though, and the holy shit I'm about to rear end them is enough to either make they back the [bleep] off, or piss them off enough that they just go around me.

Sometimes I wish I could pop the trunk while driving, and have it lift up a sign reading "Come on in why don't you [wagon]". Maybe deploy some fake ramps too.

I'd also go for a nice padded bumper, and just slowly ease my way back onto their bumper and then go to neutral. If they wan't to push me down the highway at 140, who am I to argue with them.

[bleep] tail gaters.

I want to mod my brake-lights so I can turn them on by flipping a switch on my dash. If someone is tailgating, just flip the switch and watch them slam on the brakes until they realize that I wasn't slowing down at all. Too bad its probably illegal though. <_<

Do holidays makes people stupider or something? I went to go pick up my grandmother and before I could even get out of my neighborhood, a woman freaking sped through a 2 way stop when I was clearly moving through and then immediately after an old lady in a 3-wheeled car decides to make a left turn right in front of me! Not even 5 minutes later, when two lanes merge into one, a guy decides that it's better to overtake me where there was little space instead of just settling in behind me which had plenty of space.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Do holidays makes people stupider or something? I went to go pick up my grandmother and before I could even get out of my neighborhood, a woman freaking sped through a 2 way stop when I was clearly moving through and then immediately after an old lady in a 3-wheeled car decides to make a left turn right in front of me! Not even 5 minutes later, when two lanes merge into one, a guy decides that it's better to overtake me where there was little space instead of just settling in behind me which had plenty of space.

People are in more of a hurry on days like today. Also alcohol could have had something to do with it.

I haven't seen many taillgaters here in the UK. We seem to be fine in that regard.

Another type of driver I dislike is those who do not use indicators. Jaywalking is not illegal in the UK and once as a kid I saw a car coming towards an intersection but I was crossing a road that turn off a little earlier before the lights so I thought it was safe to cross because the guy had no indicators but then he turned the cars towards me and I had to dive out of the way.

I became so vigilant since that day though lol.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Actually a single gentle tap on the break means that you're too close. For example if someone is tailgating me, I'll tap a single shot to tell them that they're too close. If they continue tailgating me, I slow down to the speed limit until they pass me, then I get back to my normal speed.

Thats what I do. Had a lady tailgate me and my friend for miles. We got to a fairly quiet, straight stretch of backroad where I thought she'd overtake. Nope. Still right up my arse with all the time and space in the world to overtake. I slowed right down gradually to like 10mph and she still stuck behind me for a bit. Eventually must have cottoned on to what we were doing and went for the overtake.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

LOL. Driving back from mates house last night, had a mate in the car with me, and another mate left the same time as I did. I didn't know the are well but I knew how to get home, so he took me through obscure side streets and things for fun. He was boosting it the whole time, doing burnouts and such, but I stuck to the speed limit. Right before going around a round about, he pulls another burnout. Right at the exit of the round about, there were 3 cop cars there, which we couldn't se.

He was on his restricted as well, and they have a curfew for driving. It was out of those hours. Amazingly, he got let off with a warning.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

LOL. Driving back from mates house last night, had a mate in the car with me, and another mate left the same time as I did. I didn't know the are well but I knew how to get home, so he took me through obscure side streets and things for fun. He was boosting it the whole time, doing burnouts and such, but I stuck to the speed limit. Right before going around a round about, he pulls another burnout. Right at the exit of the round about, there were 3 cop cars there, which we couldn't se.

He was on his restricted as well, and they have a curfew for driving. It was out of those hours. Amazingly, he got let off with a warning.

One lucky sumabich.

I want to mod my brake-lights so I can turn them on by flipping a switch on my dash. If someone is tailgating, just flip the switch and watch them slam on the brakes until they realize that I wasn't slowing down at all. Too bad its probably illegal though. dry.gif

Why don't you just put your foot incredibly lightly on the brake?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Why don't you just put your foot incredibly lightly on the brake?

My dad does that all the time, he puts it on lightly enough to activate the lights but without putting pressure on the disc. Good fun is had by all who aren't tailgating.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!