The Newcomers Guide to P2P!

Trojann2

Welcome to the Land of Runescape Members!

So you just dished out 5 dollars a month to play a game, think that it's worth it? Well i can tell you it is. Here is a few things that help a "New-to-P2P" person NEEDS to know.

-The World is BIGGER, much bigger use the World Map!! It will help you until you are used to where places are

-If you havn't completed dragon slayer. Do this quest FIRST and FOREMOST, unless you don't want to wear dragonhide bodies and runeplatebodies. But i highly reccomend this quest be done.

-When you are exploring the new worlds for your first time, you may or may not be able to get into very many places that are quest only areas. And always have food and teleportaion with you *just in case*

Heres a picture of what you can have with you when you first go exploring the world...

tipit2wc.png

Starting Out

So now that you are packed up and ready for your trip to explore the new lands...Lets start off from The Gracious Town of Falador If you go North you will Find yourself that the "members gate" the one and only true portal from f2p into the main part of RSM (runescape members). It is a great and glorious feeling to take your first step through this gate.

Now you can go North a little ways to start the "Drudic Ritual" Quest. Where you will learn the basics of the new skill to you "Herblaw". This is basically the art of identifing herbs and using them in special ways to make different kinds of potions. Can be a very tidius but fun skill.

Or if you continue to go on your way west you will come the the feared "White Wolf Mountain". This long and ice ladden path will bring to face to face with the fearsome Ice Wolves pack. But have no fear. You have your newly bought shiny runite armour, and food of course. There is a quest called "Fishing Contest" which you can complete to go under this great mountain, but only have you have helped the dwarves.

Now that you have beaten the wolf pack, you come to the land of RSM. Congratulations you made it past the hardest part. And now if you are running low on food, you are in luck, Catherby has the best fishing in the land besides the "Fishing Guild" where only the top fishers are allowed. Maybe someday you will have that chance to be welcomed in.

Now as you continue your journey through RSM we come upon the land of fletchers, woodcutters, and miners alike. This is seers villiage, i recomend that you start here if you want to excel in fletching and woodcutting. This also is the Land of the Knights of the Round Table. They have a few quests that you must help them with in order to become a true "Knight".

We can go even more West and South and we see the Mighty Legends Guild. Remember kids "Heroes may be remembered, but Legends never die". This is the guild of the Top of the Top. Want to see some of the higher friends well that's your place to go.

Now we come upon the Great city of Ardougne. The city that has been split apart for near a century because of the Great Plague that has been sent down upon the western part of the city. Here is a great quest line started by Jagex back awhile ago. I would suggest starting this quest line when you have the time for this too.

Now if we go more south we come to the land of the Gnomes and Orges. The Tree gnomes are a small and dieing out race of gnomes that live in their own way and are very shy. Which is why they have built a great maze for which you must complete to get into the city. And beware of the animals that they have mixed in the maze.

If you happen to go even more south you come to the Great Magic city of Yanille. This is my personal favorite city for it has the Orge lands to the south of it, and the Magician's Guild. Where the strongest and most powerful mages from all over Runescape come. Think you want to join? well get 66 magic someday and you can have this honor. Now we leave out the Western Gate of Yanille and we come to Castle Wars. This is the great battle of the gods Saradomin and Zamorak. These two gods as you know are the god of Good and Evil. And have always been battling since the great rest of guthix, the god of balence.

I hope that you really like your payment for runescape members. i know that i have loved every day i've played. Now for a quick Recap and Quest Suggestions For What is best for the NEW P2P People.

Reccomendations

Quests:

-Should have done all free quests before getting members, if not do these ASAP.

-Lost City will be a very smart choice so that you can get the Dragon Longsword and Draggon Dagger

-Fishing Contest so that you can go to the RSM area with ease

-Drudic Ritual so that you can start herblore right from the start *something i didn't start until 4 weeks after members for me*

-Merlin's Crystal so that you can teleport into the RSM area with ease with the Camelot Teleport (45 magic required)

-Plague City so that you can at least get a start on by far Jagex's LONGEST Quest line yet.

Skills:

-Herblore is a very fun and interesting skill, also has many potions that you can make at a middle level.

-Agility VERY helpful for use of agility shortcuts, only is a pain to train at first because you need to go around the Gnome Course for MANY laps. But it will become worth it

-Theiving is a fun way to make some cash, and who doesn't want to be a theif in real life, right?!

-Slayer is a GREAT compliment if you want to train your combat skills (attack, defense, hitpoints, strength, magic, range)

Credits: Trojann2

tijnoomen, Barihawk, -Peronix- - for the 66 mage into Mage Guild

FOR USE ON TIP.IT FORUMS ONLY. UNLESS HAVING WRITEN PERMISSION FROM "TROJANN2".

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

lowest to get in is 65 with mage mind bomb...or 64 with mage pot...

True, but you said the requirement was 68 magic. You can get in at 63 with a mind bomb and 62 with a potion. The normal requirement (virgin mage level) is 66.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

lowest to get in is 65 with mage mind bomb...or 64 with mage pot...

True, but you said the requirement was 68 magic. You can get in at 63 with a mind bomb and 62 with a potion. The normal requirement (virgin mage level) is 66.

Yes, I remember a while back when I was 'merchanting' runes I got my magic level to 63 and mind bombed it to 66 so I could get in. And i've been there many times so I'm pretty sure it's 66.

The Just in case part is for if you need to tele away for any reason

And i edited the lvl 66 mage guild requirement, those who stated have been credited. Thanks

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

i'd add RuneCrafting (its like, ALMOST an entire P2P skill) to your skill recommendations if i were you.

at only lvl 44 you'll make about 1100 - 1200 nature runes per hour (330K-360K per hour) which is pretty darn good for a lvl 44 skill IMO. and this keeps going up.........

$$$!!!!

good guide BTW.

Nice guide, I will do all of this when I'm P2P :)

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

u should probably add a antipoison to that... cause new comers might not no wot monsters attack wif popison and that could just save their life... also easy to get...

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...