Diablo III

The Observer

Calling Console casual when PC players are using different exploits every other month, getting leaderboards wiped. Good one   :lol:

I've never heard of this o.o

Not impossible, but I talk with some pretty hard core dudes and I've never heard about this

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Calling Console casual when PC players are using different exploits every other month, getting leaderboards wiped. Good one   :lol:

Not impossible, but I talk with some pretty hard core dudes and I've never heard about this

Exp Exploits in Season 1 (might have been Season 2), Blood Shard exploit in Season 3 which led to the removal of Blood Thief goblins. End of Season 1 there was a leaderboard cleanup to get rid of people who cheated. Sounds like some pretty  casual hard core dudes you talk with, lol.

Exp Exploits in Season 1 (might have been Season 2), Blood Shard exploit in Season 3 which led to the removal of Blood Thief goblins. End of Season 1 there was a leaderboard cleanup to get rid of people who cheated. Sounds like some pretty  casual hard core dudes you talk with, lol.

Only for Season 3 or for off-season too? Because in the off-season I killed a blood shard gob yesterday lol.

I mean, of course it's possible but I've never heard it from them so I figured it was a few people with the know-how to get past Blizzard

With them changing the file types cheating should be removed nearly entirely in any case

max.png 50.png

Only for Season 3 or for off-season too? Because in the off-season I killed a blood shard gob yesterday lol.

I mean, of course it's possible but I've never heard it from them so I figured it was a few people with the know-how to get past Blizzard

With them changing the file types cheating should be removed nearly entirely in any case

Was only in seasons then i guess. Apparently if you found a Bloodshard Goblin you didn't kill it yet. Open the highest GR you can, then while you're inside a friend kills the goblin and it'll drop piles of shards n accordance to the GR difficulty. So if you're doing like a GR50 it'll drop piles of 260 instead of piles of 20ish like it usually did. People were getting 40k shard/hour lol.

Was only in seasons then i guess. Apparently if you found a Bloodshard Goblin you didn't kill it yet. Open the highest GR you can, then while you're inside a friend kills the goblin and it'll drop piles of shards n accordance to the GR difficulty. So if you're doing like a GR50 it'll drop piles of 260 instead of piles of 20ish like it usually did. People were getting 40k shard/hour lol.

:o

I wouldn't mind that many shards, Kadala owes me

max.png 50.png

You should switch to PC too, so you can record everything

:p

Kadala was nice to me, wow. Still outfitting this toon for S3, excited to try a pet build with the updated zuni set... I don't know anything about any of the new items or anything though. Anyone know the most interesting builds? I never liked my jade build, probably because my gems were weak.

0H6p9lu.png

max.png 50.png

Well there are three builds right now that are doing really well. The best build is the one i'm running. Carnevil build. It has potential to go up to 55ish i think, if you have good items. I think i'm almost there, just need to replace my Dagger of Darts and my Pants (maybe Gloves can get an upgrade too).

Then there's obviously the Tiki build which has always done good. I don't know how the new one works though. I would imagine it involves using a Mana spender and 6piece Zuni.

Then there's a MoJ build. Very squishy though, since you're not using a Unity. Don't see that build making it much higher than 50 though. 

If i were you, i'd stick to a good Tiki or Carnevil build.

Well there are three builds right now that are doing really well. The best build is the one i'm running. Carnevil build. It has potential to go up to 55ish i think, if you have good items. I think i'm almost there, just need to replace my Dagger of Darts and my Pants (maybe Gloves can get an upgrade too).

Then there's obviously the Tiki build which has always done good. I don't know how the new one works though. I would imagine it involves using a Mana spender and 6piece Zuni.

Then there's a MoJ build. Very squishy though, since you're not using a Unity. Don't see that build making it much higher than 50 though. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3witchdoctors/comments/33lhk8/wd_clears_gr58/

I'm using a carnevil in seasons right now and I'm liking it. Do I roll fetish damage or poison dart damage on my items, though? Poison dart, right?

max.png 50.png

I'm using a carnevil in seasons right now and I'm liking it. Do I roll fetish damage or poison dart damage on my items, though? Poison dart, right?

Yeah Dart on your Boots and Pants (i think those are the two) and Fetish on your Shoulders and Chest. I'm not sure about the Mojo since the new ones can roll up to 25%, but i think 15% Dart is still better overall. 

Yeah Dart on your Boots and Pants (i think those are the two) and Fetish on your Shoulders and Chest. I'm not sure about the Mojo since the new ones can roll up to 25%, but i think 15% Dart is still better overall. 

I'll look into that when I'm finally closer to geared then. Did a grift39 with 2 wizards on my off-season monk. I got my butt pushed in, before the latest patch and item changes I was able to do ~43 and not die all that much, and I'm not even completely geared. I'm also using some of my farming skills instead of my damage dealers and stuff. .-.

max.png 50.png

Damn i just looked at that Reddit post you linked, and the guy that cleared the 58 has gear pretty on-par with mine. Only thing is he's using a CoE and i'm using a Unity still. I might try a CoE and see what i can do. I did manage to find a new DoD yesterday, with just over 3k damage. Should make a noticeable difference, i think. My highest is still just 50 with this build. I tried a 52 again, but 3 deaths costs me really big. Killed the RG just as the timer disappeared. I was pissed, haha.

Getting keys for 50+ is such a pain in the ass though, cause the highest i can usually get in trials is like 46, maybe 47. So i'll often have to do 3 or 4 GRifts before i can go for a personal best, that's really annoying cause i can still easily get [bleep]ed on a 48/49/50.

I have been trying to play season 3, but unfortunately no matter how hard I actually try, I simply cannot get into melee at all. So many monsters run away from you that it completely kills (no pun intended) any of the rush I would have from using melee.

It's fun leaping into a massive pack and whirlwinding them into submission, it is NOT fun however to chase down the Morlu Incinerators and Fallen Shamans after you chase a goblin down half way across the map.

Also WW barbs seems to have major issues with single target DPS. Granted I am still running around in yellows only and haven't gotten much in the way of gear, I am already bored and annoyed of it that I made a WD and is playing that instead lol.

But yeah, didn't manage to get into monk in Season 2, have difficulty trying to get into Barb this season, if I play crusader next, it will probably be blessed hammer build. I absolutely hate chasing monsters.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Haha, i seem to always have the opposite problem. Things always seem to run right at me, which is why i have trouble playing Wizards or Demon Hunters. WD is fine because i usually have a wall of pets protecting me, but i don't have the same luxury with Wiz/DH so i never really managed to make it too far (until recently). Barb has had single-target DPS "problems" for a while now. Ridiculously good multi though. It's kind of frustrating though, when you spawn the RG with 7 or 8 minutes left and you still run out of time.

If you do decide to play Crusader next, i'd suggest the Stampede build if you don't want a "Melee" build. It's a lot stronger than a Blessed Hammer build and probably same in terms on ease. You probably should have tried Monk this season though. They're even stronger than last season. I saw a video of Quin69 (he's #1 Monk in the world currently) kill the RG on a 55 in something like 20 seconds. [bleep]ing insane. It was Stonesinger, but still. 

Right now i'm alternating between my WD and DH. My WD i'm trying to push 51, and my DH i'm trying to push 48. If i just manage to get some decent RNG in a rift for once, i can see myself easily clearing 51.

Just found out an interesting bit of information. Apparently monster HP on console is double that of PC. The assumed reasoning behind this is that, because we have Nephalim Glory (Globes that give double damage for 20 seconds) monsters should have double the HP. Someone said the reason for this (double damage bonus) is because console players supposedly like seeing higher crit numbers, because it gives the illusion of faster gameplay (or something of the sorts). It's all good and well when you're clearing rifts, but the problem comes in with the RG. Since we have to get a massacre bonus to get the globe, we're usually unable to get this against the RG unless it spawns adds. If not, we're stuck with a RG that has double the HP while we're only doing 100% damage. This was brought up after one of our console players cleared a 56 solo (as a monk) and was accused of either being a cheater or that the console version is just extremely easy. So him and a few other people did some testing on this. What makes it harder to test though is that fact that the Console version doesn't display the HP like the PC version does (apparently).

Kind of interesting. I always assumed that the console version pretty much had a double damage bonus without any negative effects tied to it, which is why i have been able to push high 40s. And now i find out that i've been pushing high 40s against monsters that have double the HP than the PC version. 

I have been trying to play season 3, but unfortunately no matter how hard I actually try, I simply cannot get into melee at all. So many monsters run away from you that it completely kills (no pun intended) any of the rush I would have from using melee.

It's fun leaping into a massive pack and whirlwinding them into submission, it is NOT fun however to chase down the Morlu Incinerators and Fallen Shamans after you chase a goblin down half way across the map.

Also WW barbs seems to have major issues with single target DPS. Granted I am still running around in yellows only and haven't gotten much in the way of gear, I am already bored and annoyed of it that I made a WD and is playing that instead lol.

But yeah, didn't manage to get into monk in Season 2, have difficulty trying to get into Barb this season, if I play crusader next, it will probably be blessed hammer build. I absolutely hate chasing monsters.

Blessed hammer iirc is bad. don't even bother. What you SHOULD do is a pony build. (stampede build)

Haha, i seem to always have the opposite problem. Things always seem to run right at me, which is why i have trouble playing Wizards or Demon Hunters. WD is fine because i usually have a wall of pets protecting me, but i don't have the same luxury with Wiz/DH so i never really managed to make it too far (until recently). Barb has had single-target DPS "problems" for a while now. Ridiculously good multi though. It's kind of frustrating though, when you spawn the RG with 7 or 8 minutes left and you still run out of time.

If you do decide to play Crusader next, i'd suggest the Stampede build if you don't want a "Melee" build. It's a lot stronger than a Blessed Hammer build and probably same in terms on ease. You probably should have tried Monk this season though. They're even stronger than last season. I saw a video of Quin69 (he's #1 Monk in the world currently) kill the RG on a 55 in something like 20 seconds. [bleep]ing insane. It was Stonesinger, but still. 

Right now i'm alternating between my WD and DH. My WD i'm trying to push 51, and my DH i'm trying to push 48. If i just manage to get some decent RNG in a rift for once, i can see myself easily clearing 51.

Just found out an interesting bit of information. Apparently monster HP on console is double that of PC. The assumed reasoning behind this is that, because we have Nephalim Glory (Globes that give double damage for 20 seconds) monsters should have double the HP. Someone said the reason for this (double damage bonus) is because console players supposedly like seeing higher crit numbers, because it gives the illusion of faster gameplay (or something of the sorts). It's all good and well when you're clearing rifts, but the problem comes in with the RG. Since we have to get a massacre bonus to get the globe, we're usually unable to get this against the RG unless it spawns adds. If not, we're stuck with a RG that has double the HP while we're only doing 100% damage. This was brought up after one of our console players cleared a 56 solo (as a monk) and was accused of either being a cheater or that the console version is just extremely easy. So him and a few other people did some testing on this. What makes it harder to test though is that fact that the Console version doesn't display the HP like the PC version does (apparently).

Kind of interesting. I always assumed that the console version pretty much had a double damage bonus without any negative effects tied to it, which is why i have been able to push high 40s. And now i find out that i've been pushing high 40s against monsters that have double the HP than the PC version. 

You see I'm wondering why on my monk I'm just using my same old gear, no gungdo gear or anything, ancient torch of the grand incense temple and stuff, and you guys are doing 50s. I didn't remember you guys have those double damage globes. Also to be fair, it isn't all that hard to get a massacre bonus.

max.png 50.png

Blessed hammer iirc is bad. don't even bother. What you SHOULD do is a pony build. (stampede build)

You see I'm wondering why on my monk I'm just using my same old gear, no gungdo gear or anything, ancient torch of the grand incense temple and stuff, and you guys are doing 50s. I didn't remember you guys have those double damage globes. Also to be fair, it isn't all that hard to get a massacre bonus.

Well it's not hard at all. You can have the Double Damage probably the entire Greater Rift unless you're really unlucky with RNG. So the double damage and the double HP kind of cancel each other out. The shit comes in when you're on a Rift Guardian that spawns no adds, so you're doing x1 damage against x2 HP. So it's kind of shitty. 

Not sure if you know who MannerCookie is (i think he's a really popular Barb or Crusader and he streams very often), but he recently got banned because of the Bloodshard Exploit. Lot's of account resets and rolled-back. Crazy!

[bleep] i'm spamming but whatever...

Few clips from today:

GR50 Rift Guardian melted in a few seconds (Crusader): https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Slaytanicc/video/1673230

GR49 Rift Guardian melted (WD): https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Slaytanicc/video/1673229

GR52 with WD: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Slaytanicc/video/1673345

So yeah... today was a rage-inducing day. I did 4 GR52's and 2 GR53's and only managed to get this 52 done. The two 53's were really bad. Started off good with two easy elite packs right at the entrance. Second map of the GR was shit. One of them had Exorcists all over the place (on an open map). Couldn't get away from them. I ended up rage-quitting that one. Second 53 spawned Hamelin with about a minute 30 left. I ended up killing him 3 or 4 seconds after time ended. Almost broke a controller. The 52's were all just plain bad. Bad layouts for a Dart build, bad mobs. Really frustrating. The 52 i finally managed to do... well even that wasn't too great. Pretty bad layout, lots of Reflect elites. Not a very fun time. Managed to do it though. Was pumped.

[bleep] i'm spamming but whatever...

Few clips from today:

GR50 Rift Guardian melted in a few seconds (Crusader): https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Slaytanicc/video/1673230

GR49 Rift Guardian melted (WD): https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Slaytanicc/video/1673229

GR52 with WD: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Slaytanicc/video/1673345

So yeah... today was a rage-inducing day. I did 4 GR52's and 2 GR53's and only managed to get this 52 done. The two 53's were really bad. Started off good with two easy elite packs right at the entrance. Second map of the GR was shit. One of them had Exorcists all over the place (on an open map). Couldn't get away from them. I ended up rage-quitting that one. Second 53 spawned Hamelin with about a minute 30 left. I ended up killing him 3 or 4 seconds after time ended. Almost broke a controller. The 52's were all just plain bad. Bad layouts for a Dart build, bad mobs. Really frustrating. The 52 i finally managed to do... well even that wasn't too great. Pretty bad layout, lots of Reflect elites. Not a very fun time. Managed to do it though. Was pumped.

If you switch to PC you won't need to use a controller

;P

max.png 50.png

Managed to complete another 52 today. Was a very up-and-down GRift honestly. Started off really bad. Elite with plague, arcane, and i can't remember the other two, right at the entrance. Couldn't get past him either, because there's a wall of bullshit right behind him. Took me 4 minutes to move more than 20 years away from the door. So i was sitting at 11 minutes left and only like 6% progress. I wasn't very hopeful. Rest of the GRift turned out so good. It was one of those sewer maps with the very long tunnels which is PERFECT for my build. I was sitting at 98% with 4 minutes left and then got stuck on another Elite pack with Reflect and Arcane. Couldn't get past him either, because there was another elite pack waiting behind him. Finally, with a minute and a half left i spawn the RG and thanks to a Power Pylon right next to me, i luckily managed to take him down with about 20 seconds left.

It's insane when you hit that Power Pylon, with Big Bad VooDoo, and Convention of Elements. You see 1.8b crits all over the place for 4 seconds. Can literally take out like a quarter of the RGs HP in those seconds.

Hopefully i can get similar luck with a 53 now.

Managed to complete another 52 today. Was a very up-and-down GRift honestly. Started off really bad. Elite with plague, arcane, and i can't remember the other two, right at the entrance. Couldn't get past him either, because there's a wall of bullshit right behind him. Took me 4 minutes to move more than 20 years away from the door. So i was sitting at 11 minutes left and only like 6% progress. I wasn't very hopeful. Rest of the GRift turned out so good. It was one of those sewer maps with the very long tunnels which is PERFECT for my build. I was sitting at 98% with 4 minutes left and then got stuck on another Elite pack with Reflect and Arcane. Couldn't get past him either, because there was another elite pack waiting behind him. Finally, with a minute and a half left i spawn the RG and thanks to a Power Pylon right next to me, i luckily managed to take him down with about 20 seconds left.

It's insane when you hit that Power Pylon, with Big Bad VooDoo, and Convention of Elements. You see 1.8b crits all over the place for 4 seconds. Can literally take out like a quarter of the RGs HP in those seconds.

I remember the days when conduits were more common.. those were the days. tbh I miss having conduit that much. Makes the game less boring

max.png 50.png

I remember the days when conduits were more common.. those were the days. tbh I miss having conduit that much. Makes the game less boring

Yeah man. Conduits are ASS now as well. In GR50+ they don't even get you 3% progression. Power Pylon is where it's at now.

Yeah man. Conduits are ASS now as well. In GR50+ they don't even get you 3% progression. Power Pylon is where it's at now.

If conduits did half damage and they had the same "spawn percentage" as they used to, it would be awesome.

also, why not power pylon + conduit? :P

max.png 50.png