Diablo III

The Observer

A2 inferno jailer/mortar oneshots me lol

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Got a nice pair of boots for 40k today, int vit res all mf and %movement. I love people who can't value items properly.

My biggest issue with Blizzard right now (other than the lack of viable builds in inferno) are the weapon drops in act 1 inferno. Because of the absurd DPS scaling on weapons (up to 100% increase in DPS from a1 to a3 weapons) every level 60 weapon is salvage fodder. Who wants a 600 DPS bow with incredible stats when he can get a 1000 DPS blue for 100k on the AH? And weapons are at least 50% of all rare drops:/

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Started giving multiplayer a shot now that I have beaten the game (in much less time than D2 would have taken me, but maybe I'm just braver now, since I didn't need to spend any time trying to get my levels up instead of just questing). Pretty much the same feel, though I'm not sure how to show items to other people in the chat box so they can see it and decide if they want it.

Had a nice game going with 4 people at one point, then someone opened a fence and let the crazy monsters out I guess (after I decided to take on a yellow dude and his minions solo), and someone [bleep]ed about that, then the teamwork fell apart. Me and some guy whith a chinese name took on the released monsters while the other two got themselves killed a few times, then they left once they won, and me and china man took on another horde that involved a lot of running away (warm up for inferno). Was a lot of fun though, though its actually almost slower than solo once you have more than 2 people in a game.

iskatu

still haven't done azmodan but i'm sure it's just as much of a laughing matter

can upload rakanoth but it's pretty much the same thing

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Been farming Whimseyshire mats

All I need left is the plans. Then to grind forever for the gold to beef the staff to inferno.

Act 3.5 gear for the end of act 1, not bad. :)

side note, inferno Skeleton King was a joke. Hoping to get whimseyshire inferno to beef DPS from 30k now to maybe 50k so make the rest of inferno a joke. As a wizard nothing really scares me anymore.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Jump in difficulty from a1 to a2 inferno is ridiculous. As a wizard you can kite everything and do well without insane gear but it's not easy.

Started giving multiplayer a shot now that I have beaten the game (in much less time than D2 would have taken me, but maybe I'm just braver now, since I didn't need to spend any time trying to get my levels up instead of just questing). Pretty much the same feel, though I'm not sure how to show items to other people in the chat box so they can see it and decide if they want it.

shift click the item when you have your chat open :)

inferno Skeleton King was a joke.

Most bosses are a joke on inferno, getting NV stacks is the hard part. I die when a white sneezes at me in act 2 but I killed Maghda without ever being in danger and even got the achievement from dodging everything which is really easy.

Retired

I'm not excited for act II, cause you get stuff that comes at your from everywhere, I may have to put teleport back on which i really dont want to do but whatever.

Hopefully I can get some good inferno whimsey gear before advancing.

got an impossible pack for me with 0 room to kite through the silver spire, lost my a4 inferno 5 stack.

Trying to progress to izual soon. Doubt I will kill Diablo before patch 1.03 that weakens inferno, would be nice to do so before then however.

Boss is similar to belial, need to get the perfect run where you don't get hit by anything, however he has 4x the health.

enaidlool.png

I'm very happy with the changes in patch 1.0.3 :). Inferno past act 1 just wasn't fun.

Retired

I'm very happy with the changes in patch 1.0.3 :). Inferno past act 1 just wasn't fun.

I havn't found inferno to be a challenge yet. Then again I am wizard.

I like the better drop rates in 1.0.3 cause I'm crazy and aiming for Tal Rasha set....

I'm not happy with attackspeed nerf though. I needs for the kites.

It's the only part of the game that isn't a steamroll, why nerf something because it's challenging

There's a difference between a challenge and a game that turns into mario because everything oneshots you.

- It's impossible to progress beyond act 2 as a melee character unless you farm to buy gear from act 3/4

- The gear is farmed by a glass cannon DH/Wizard because no other class can farm effectively

- Getting oneshot by white mobs is the philosophy behind mario, not diablo

- The game is about farming items, not farming money so you can buy stuff off the AH

- Every class has 8 viable skills (this includes runes) max which is retarded when you have like 15 skills with 7 runes to modify them

Retired

i've spent 2m cash in total on a barb and I can do act 2...

getting 2m is nothing you probably pick up almost half of that before you even hit level 60 training.

I think inferno is fine the way it is, playing on a glass cannon wizard and a barbarian.

everything before inferno is such a laugh, that's why enjoy the difficulty of it.

How often do you find yourself saying "man this part on hell was so bad"?

I'd be willing to bet almost never

enaidlool.png

some fun

E: i'll upload Azmodan and Rakanoth 4 man but other than that we just facerolled the other bosses (Iskatu, Izual, Siegebreaker)

enaidlool.png

I'm way behind on progress because I rerolled barb^^ Amazing what some resist gear does because before I was dropping dead 2-3 times on pretty much every elite pack and now I have 300 resists with warcry and I only die once max on the really hard packs, just now I survived and invulnerable minion/arcane/molten/vortex pack with my demon hunter dying 3 times in the process.

Nice kill. The vid demonstrates really well why I'm glad I am now playing a barb: Everything that sneezes at a caster kills it dead. Wizards have much better defensive cooldowns than witch doctors too. With my barb I can just tank all day and never die. When I farm enough cash for another decent socketed onehander I'm going dual wield frenzy D2 style. Enough life on hit should make it work.

Retired

yeah playing on my barb is quite relaxing compared to my wizard. spending something like 60m on my wizard to die in 2 hits or so and I've spent 2m on a barb that can eat everything in A2, is nice lol

enaidlool.png

• 5 months later...

I started playing diablo 3 again, and I found this thread, and wondered what sort of wizards people were using that they died easily. Well, I got it through nightmare and now I understand. All my signature spells are worthless now, I simply don't have the base damage to back them up (1200). That's alright, I was leaning pretty hevily on disintigrate already in act 4 nightmare, so the point where I sometimes replaced a signature with frost ray for higher damage on single enemies. Also, archon stopped being an instant win botton at some point in act 4.

In hell, archon is bordering on useless. 300% damage isn't enough to keep the stronger monsters from closing on me, which means I spend much of my time running away from uniques and champions releasing stuns and using diamond skin to tank for a few second, while thunderstorm attempts to pummel everything (which might be getting swapped out because it just doesn't any firepower anymore).

On the plus side, I've been pushing my smith, and I have a wand that could save me (it has a +125 damage stat, and will more than double my firepower). But I have to get two more levels to use it, and I worry. I got unreasonably lucky getting the modifier I needed more than anything. It's a stop gap solution. Anything that can withstand it will tear me to shreds because it lacks the modifer currently keeping me alive, which is 1.7% damage dealt to health, though admittedly it was working a lot better in nightmare.

Also, whoever invented the vortex attribute is evil, and same for whoever put time warp on a fast unique. There was also that lovely group of champions and their minions who all had mirror image. I'll hold out till get my wand that might be able to get me back in the game, but not sure if I'll make it through hell let alone inferno. Well, inferno is moot anyway because they designed it to force you to buy items, and I'm not going there.

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing diablo 3 again, and I found this thread, and wondered what sort of wizards people were using that they died easily. Well, I got it through nightmare and now I understand. All my signature spells are worthless now, I simply don't have the base damage to back them up (1200). That's alright, I was leaning pretty hevily on disintigrate already in act 4 nightmare, so the point where I sometimes replaced a signature with frost ray for higher damage on single enemies. Also, archon stopped being an instant win botton at some point in act 4.

In hell, archon is bordering on useless. 300% damage isn't enough to keep the stronger monsters from closing on me, which means I spend much of my time running away from uniques and champions releasing stuns and using diamond skin to tank for a few second, while thunderstorm attempts to pummel everything (which might be getting swapped out because it just doesn't any firepower anymore).

On the plus side, I've been pushing my smith, and I have a wand that could save me (it has a +125 damage stat, and will more than double my firepower). But I have to get two more levels to use it, and I worry. I got unreasonably lucky getting the modifier I needed more than anything. It's a stop gap solution. Anything that can withstand it will tear me to shreds because it lacks the modifer currently keeping me alive, which is 1.7% damage dealt to health, though admittedly it was working a lot better in nightmare.

Also, whoever invented the vortex attribute is evil, and same for whoever put time warp on a fast unique. There was also that lovely group of champions and their minions who all had mirror image. I'll hold out till get my wand that might be able to get me back in the game, but not sure if I'll make it through hell let alone inferno. Well, inferno is moot anyway because they designed it to force you to buy items, and I'm not going there.

The jump from Nightmare to Hell is annoying, especially anything past act I. The problem with your 1.7% life steal, damage dealt to health, is that there's actually hidden modifiers to it between the difficulty levels, iirc it's only 40% as effective in Hell. If you're against using the auction house it will take a considerable amount of more effort to get through Hell, and like you said Inferno would be near impossible. If you do decide to use the auction house it's very possible to beat inferno on MP 0 with using less than 2 million gold.

Sc.png

Good to know thanks. I might just stop where I left off actually. A tad annoying since I don't have all the abilities, but I am not gold farming to the AH, and the game stopped being fun at this point. Some people like the challenge, but yeah, not like this for me.

• 11 months later...

Sorry to be reviving an old topic, but i'm kind of late to the Diablo party.

Anyway i recently started playing. I started as a Witch Doctor. Finished Normal and Nightmare on hard with some ease. Hell is a bit of a different story though. I die quite a bit more than i used to, and i feel like it's because i'm not doing enough damage. I kill way too slow, just making myself take more damage than i should. I guess it's fairly easy for me to get decent gear, but i'm very confused about how stats work in Diablo. It says that Int is my most important skill, so whenever i get new/better gear i always take whatever offers the highest Int bonus. But from what i have been reading, higher Int isn't always better. Some people have been saying that certain spells take their damage from weapon damage, other say spells take damage from Int. And then i can across something that says that spells that don't use Mana are based on Weapon Damage, spells that use Mana are based on Int, and it's better to have a balanced Int and Damage.

So i'll give an example: 
The other day i picked up a weapon that had ~200 Weapon Damage but no Int bonus, and one with ~120 Weapon Damage but +150 Int.

At that time i already had something like 6k, but only at 1.5k Int.

Which would have been better for me to use?

Right now my stats are something like this:

10.2k Damage

2250 Int (790 Mana)

677 Vit (22.6k HP)

1.3k Armour

My resistances are all around the 240 mark.

What would be better for me to focus on now? Should i start getting items with higher Int?

Is it really better to keep Int and Damage close to each other?

Keeping in mind that I haven't played in a while, and I played as a mage...

Unlike Diablo 2, magic damage in Diablo 3 is based on weapon damage yes. In Diablo 2, you could drop skill points into the same skill up to 20 times, and the damage or potency of a skill was based on that level. The problem is that some skills even at level 20 became totally irrelevant to the game. In Diablo 3, everyones damage is now tied to weapons, so far as I know, as a mechanic to allow everyone to scale up properly, and prevent skills from becoming irrelevant.

Of course, just like the Barbarian or Paladin from Diablo 2, it also means everyone is at the mercy of their equipment, and it shows at Hell or Inferno difficulty quite a bit. The prevailing thought is that inferno was specifically designed to force people into giving Blizzard money to use the Auction house, since the only way to get through it is pretty much to have certain items. Hell can be done without resorting to the auction house, but it's going to be painful.

If the Diablo 3 wiki is to be believed, and my recollection is that this is indeed accurate, for the Witchdoctor and Wizard, each point of intelligence is a 1% boost to spell damage, and each 10 points is another point of resistance. Just read http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Attributes'>this page, though at least in the PC version, mousing over the stats will give you the same information. That or I know it from the Diablo 3 page itself (the one Blizzard made).

• 3 months later...

Is it just me missing something or has Blizz removed every and all forms of trading between players with the latest patch? (Gold being untradeable and all Lengendary and Sets are Bind on Account).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)