Diablo III

The Observer

In November of 2014 i spent about the entire month doing Bounties almost exclusively, just to farm Rift Keys. When i upgraded from 360 to One end Dec i had an insane amount of Rift Keys as Hellfire material (i killed Keywardens while doing Bounties). Ended up with enough to make a lot of Amulets and actually got really lucky with a few that i made. Think i managed to make good ones (similar to the Monk one i have) for my DH, Crusader, and Barbarian too.

Not going to lie, it was getting pretty tedious after a while, but i think it paid off in the end.

On a slightly different note, last week i played on my Wizard for a few hours. Got that new Seasonal ring and decided to see if there are any good builds that utilize it. Couldn't find anything, so i figured i might as well experiment with it on my own. Spent pretty much the entire week messing around with skills and gear, trying to figure out what worked the best. Came up with a pretty fun build and decided i might as well try and make a "guide" of the build i was using. Spent about 4 or 5 hours typing it up on Diablofans. Went to check it yesterday at some point and was pretty surprised when i saw that in the ~3 days it had been uploaded it was already viewed almost 4000 times without any negative feedback. The Diablo scene can be a bit intimidating at times. People get pretty perturbed when you make mistakes. So i was quite happy about that.

The build itself really doesn't compete with the Firebird's build(s), but it can do GR40-ish quite easily, and it's pretty darn fun too.

Link, please?

edit: if you make the transition to PC, I can super easily power-level you off season.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

In November of 2014 i spent about the entire month doing Bounties almost exclusively, just to farm Rift Keys. When i upgraded from 360 to One end Dec i had an insane amount of Rift Keys as Hellfire material (i killed Keywardens while doing Bounties). Ended up with enough to make a lot of Amulets and actually got really lucky with a few that i made. Think i managed to make good ones (similar to the Monk one i have) for my DH, Crusader, and Barbarian too.

Not going to lie, it was getting pretty tedious after a while, but i think it paid off in the end.

On a slightly different note, last week i played on my Wizard for a few hours. Got that new Seasonal ring and decided to see if there are any good builds that utilize it. Couldn't find anything, so i figured i might as well experiment with it on my own. Spent pretty much the entire week messing around with skills and gear, trying to figure out what worked the best. Came up with a pretty fun build and decided i might as well try and make a "guide" of the build i was using. Spent about 4 or 5 hours typing it up on Diablofans. Went to check it yesterday at some point and was pretty surprised when i saw that in the ~3 days it had been uploaded it was already viewed almost 4000 times without any negative feedback. The Diablo scene can be a bit intimidating at times. People get pretty perturbed when you make mistakes. So i was quite happy about that.

The build itself really doesn't compete with the Firebird's build(s), but it can do GR40-ish quite easily, and it's pretty darn fun too.

Link, please?

edit: if you make the transition to PC, I can super easily power-level you off season.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/52047-freeze-woh-wizard

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I actually kind of forgot.

• 2 weeks later...

Diablo III has like 5 or 6 classes and the main game lasts about 20 hours.

:huh:

On a side note, you can keep leveling by playing the same story again on a more challenging difficulty level.

Just saying :)

I mean, is there another hack 'n slash that's different? Pretty sure Path of Exile is identical.

We know. That's the whole point of a Hack n' Slash.

right?

I've been trying to get a demon hunter together and I have a decent weapon, but I just can't get a marauders set together or anything else, really :c

Have only found the shoulders. rip

max.png 50.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure what char I want to play next season, been playing with DH in this one, and had too much fun with it. leveled a season monk, and due to a multitude of me sucking at it, and that I don't like being in melee in D3, pretty much rules that class out the window.

Already played a wizard last season, probably going to try Crusader but playing with ranged skills.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Purely PC here, but I play on asia server now :(

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Been playing 2.2 for about an hour or two now. Meh... Raiment set is alright now. Not amazing like i hoped, but usable. I used a mix of Might of the Earth and Immortal Kings sets and came to a build that was pretty fun to use. Already managed to do 42 with it. Can easily see it going 45 maybe 46 assuming i get the right bosses. Mostly excited to try out the new Wizard set though.

We still don't have 2.2.0 yet, not sure when the update will happen on asia server.

tim_chenw2.png

Damn that actually sucks. Hopefully it hits soon. It's strange, but for some reason i got the update like 4 hours before the US/UK/EU. Naturally i was called a troll on BNET forums when i said something about it. Anyway. There was a lot of anger towards the devs as well. Morticks Bracers (the Barbarian bracers) got removed at the last second, but there wasn't enough time to remove it from Console. They sent out a hotfix about 2 or 3 hours after the last people got the update that prevented the bracers from dropping any further. A lot of people already managed to get the bracers though (myself included). So the PC community had even more rage because f that. It's really entertaining to watch.

The patch itself is amazing though. The new Rolands Crusader is a ton of fun. I'm breezing through 45's with it now. Doing upwards of 3b single target damage on Elites. The new Mage and Barb sets are really fun too. It's the change i've been looking forward to for a long time.

Been playing 2.2 for about an hour or two now. Meh... Raiment set is alright now. Not amazing like i hoped, but usable. I used a mix of Might of the Earth and Immortal Kings sets and came to a build that was pretty fun to use. Already managed to do 42 with it. Can easily see it going 45 maybe 46 assuming i get the right bosses. Mostly excited to try out the new Wizard set though.

what's the new set?

Damn that actually sucks. Hopefully it hits soon. It's strange, but for some reason i got the update like 4 hours before the US/UK/EU. Naturally i was called a troll on BNET forums when i said something about it. Anyway. There was a lot of anger towards the devs as well. Morticks Bracers (the Barbarian bracers) got removed at the last second, but there wasn't enough time to remove it from Console. They sent out a hotfix about 2 or 3 hours after the last people got the update that prevented the bracers from dropping any further. A lot of people already managed to get the bracers though (myself included). So the PC community had even more rage because f that. It's really entertaining to watch.

The patch itself is amazing though. The new Rolands Crusader is a ton of fun. I'm breezing through 45's with it now. Doing upwards of 3b single target damage on Elites. The new Mage and Barb sets are really fun too. It's the change i've been looking forward to for a long time.

I mean, as far as I can tell console is way easier than pc for some reason I haven't looked into

max.png 50.png

New set is the Delsere set. Makes Slow Time do insane DoT, makes Arcane Orb and Energy Twister do insane damage, etc. Really cool set, and it might even be better than FB now. Same for the reworked Tal set. And the other new set is the Barb set. It's pretty fun.

And yeah Console is more or less easier than PC. We have Nephalem Glory globes which essentially doubles your damage for 20 seconds, but you can get multiple of the globes and they'll extend the time. So if you're lucky, you can go half a GR with double damage. Although that sounds OP, it kind of isn't. People forget to take into consideration that console players have very limited targeting. With certain skills we kind of just have to hope and pray that it lands somewhere close to where we want it to land. Builds like the Furious Charge or Dashing Strike builds are a lot less effective on console because we're unable to do short dashes. It's either no dash or full dash. So we lose a lot of damage potential there. 

I mean no offense, but generally PC players will claim that Console is "so much easier" or "for the most casual of player" but they do so out of ignorance. Generally it seems like the people who say that are the people who sound a bit butthurt about something else. 

When the whole Mortick's Brace thing happened that was the most common argument. "[bleep] you Blizzard for removing it from PC but not immediately from Console. Oh never mind, console is for casuals anyway."  Like... if you're going to "insult" a game on a certain platform the least i would expect is that you have a bit more of a compelling argument. If you're going to call a Console D3 easy, at least give me a good reason. Not just "It's for casuals, that's why it's easy".

New set is the Delsere set. Makes Slow Time do insane DoT, makes Arcane Orb and Energy Twister do insane damage, etc. Really cool set, and it might even be better than FB now. Same for the reworked Tal set. And the other new set is the Barb set. It's pretty fun.

And yeah Console is more or less easier than PC. We have Nephalem Glory globes which essentially doubles your damage for 20 seconds, but you can get multiple of the globes and they'll extend the time. So if you're lucky, you can go half a GR with double damage. Although that sounds OP, it kind of isn't. People forget to take into consideration that console players have very limited targeting. With certain skills we kind of just have to hope and pray that it lands somewhere close to where we want it to land. Builds like the Furious Charge or Dashing Strike builds are a lot less effective on console because we're unable to do short dashes. It's either no dash or full dash. So we lose a lot of damage potential there. 

I mean no offense, but generally PC players will claim that Console is "so much easier" or "for the most casual of player" but they do so out of ignorance. Generally it seems like the people who say that are the people who sound a bit butthurt about something else. 

When the whole Mortick's Brace thing happened that was the most common argument. "[bleep] you Blizzard for removing it from PC but not immediately from Console. Oh never mind, console is for casuals anyway."  Like... if you're going to "insult" a game on a certain platform the least i would expect is that you have a bit more of a compelling argument. If you're going to call a Console D3 easy, at least give me a good reason. Not just "It's for casuals, that's why it's easy".

people just go "what the [bleep] they had an advantage what the [bleep] then realize it's console and I mean from my POV, it is more casual :s

not that I'd just call you a casual, I keep it to myself to not concern myself with the flame wars

you really should get it for PC though, I haven't started S3 yet

max.png 50.png

Eh, i thought about getting it for PC but the simple fact is i know i won't enjoy it as much. I really despise having to sit at a desk to play a game. But calling a game more casual on one platform than it is on another... kind of just sounds ignorant. The level of play really shouldn't be judged that way. I know a lot of D3 players on console who take things a lot more serious, and have multitudes more knowledge about the game, than the average PC player. Yes there's hacking, and modding, and duping, etc. But there's cheating on PC too. Not to the same degree, but it surely exists. And although there aren't official Seasons and Leaderboards for Console, they do exist on other forums. That kind of ignorance, calling a game more casual because it's on a $500 console and not a $3000 PC, just bugs me. If your life is so incomplete that you need to fill it with this kind of bullshit (console vs pc wars), then i am deeply saddened for you (you as in people who do that).

Anyhow... Wizards are... I really don't know. The Delsere set has immense potential i think. So does the Tal set tbh. I've seen people saying they're critting 20b every now and then with the Tal set and the new elemental ring. And i've personally used the Dalsere set and was critting 1.5 - 2b consistently with Arcane Orb. So i'd say it's looking pretty alright.

Eh, i thought about getting it for PC but the simple fact is i know i won't enjoy it as much. I really despise having to sit at a desk to play a game. But calling a game more casual on one platform than it is on another... kind of just sounds ignorant. The level of play really shouldn't be judged that way. I know a lot of D3 players on console who take things a lot more serious, and have multitudes more knowledge about the game, than the average PC player. Yes there's hacking, and modding, and duping, etc. But there's cheating on PC too. Not to the same degree, but it surely exists. And although there aren't official Seasons and Leaderboards for Console, they do exist on other forums. That kind of ignorance, calling a game more casual because it's on a $500 console and not a $3000 PC, just bugs me. If your life is so incomplete that you need to fill it with this kind of bullshit (console vs pc wars), then i am deeply saddened for you (you as in people who do that).

Anyhow... Wizards are... I really don't know. The Delsere set has immense potential i think. So does the Tal set tbh. I've seen people saying they're critting 20b every now and then with the Tal set and the new elemental ring. And i've personally used the Dalsere set and was critting 1.5 - 2b consistently with Arcane Orb. So i'd say it's looking pretty alright.

I mean, like I said I won't say it aloud, you know? But hacking on PC is nearly non-existent compared to consoles. End of that discussion.

I logged on for the first time today after S2 ended, made a new WD for S3, and claimed all of my S2 items. Most of them I got rid of lol.

REALLY need more stash storage. Like, really badly. I don't want to get rid of nearly everything just to make lots of space, shouldn't need to do that. For every season you participate in, you should get another tab to buy or something

Hmmmm.. Reaper of Souls vs WoW...

WoW is pretty expensive so Im going for Diablo III as a cool down from pking on Runescape.

WoW over time is pretty pricey.

max.png 50.png