Diablo III

The Observer

I use the auction house, I've never bought an item over 40-50k and most under ~20k. Good loot doesn't come too often, I've even abused infinite resplendants, inf champ spawns etc etc and not much to show for it.

Also I play in a party so I'm far more of a DPS role than anything, making me go more for a glass cannon than something that can survive.

E: oh and use magic weapon familiar and energy armor with the crit bonus for maximum dps from buffs.

I'm guessing you have a really strong monk who's really good at the game to tank for you

80 hours in. Act 1 inferno cleared, farming for loot to progress. Barb sucks solo inferno act 2 impossible w/o heavily buying gear off the AH or farming act 4 inferno w/ frends who are already there. But still most fun class I've played. Doubt I'll reroll quickly or level again fast, just messing around. Too repetative unless done w/ friends.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

14k dps WD, progressing on inferno act 1 right now. Played a lot up to act 3 hell slowing down right now because of leaving the house again and exams coming up in a week. Got myself a 680 dps onehander off the AH. I can't get a higher DPS weapon for a decent price because I need mana regen on my weapon and those things are hella expensive if you want some int/vit on the item as well. But an OOM WD does no damage. Playing a heavy cc build so my 30k dps DH buddy can dish out some serious damage. I love the NV buff, the horrible drops pre 60 make a lot more sense now. I love the CC the WD has to offer. I'm always the last to die on mortar/frozen/teleport/shielding elites.

@Bubs: A good DPS blue off the AH makes hell much easier. Only the toughest champion combinations can make your life difficult. I'm not a monk though.

Still love the game, can't wait to roll a barbarian (my D2 love <3 ) when I have inferno on farm with the WD and have some epic frenzy gear for him.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

So now I am experiancing the joys of always online DRM. I'm guessing the wireless is somehow the problem, but I set up a continuous ping that showed I never lost connection, even when the game claims I did. I am now getting booted out of the game every 2-4 minutes, yet as far as I know this is a perfectly stable conection. It plays runescape, it handles downloads without any interuption, and the ping never breaks. I don't think I like Blizzard anymore. If this is how their games are going to run, I'm never buying from them again.

Oh, and it worked just fine when I was testing it on my laptop. It's just now that I've paid for it, on my much more capable PC (that was also running it just fine, though on a different network) that the game has stopped working.

I also get random disconnects sometimes though not nearly as bad as you.

Going to bench my WD right now because I have the most horrible drops and only having 2 viable builds is boring. Starting a barb, so much more epic.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I don't think I like Blizzard anymore. If this is how their games are going to run, I'm never buying from them again.

Welcome to the future of online PC games. All of them will probably require DRM, since piracy is such a big deal.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

If you really wanted to though, you could take that game apart and rebuild it to not require the Internet I think. Not easy, so it certainly wouldn't happen often, but it can be done.

Anyway, my particular problem is a firewall issue. Maybe I never had the laptop playing long enough to notice. I need to learn the port triggering I think, in addition to the forwarding, but in the mean time I have a workaround that can't be any riskier than connecting my PC right to the modem. Does mean I need to access the router every time I want to play though.

And I think like consoles, I might stop buying pc games for a while. At least until they work the kinks out.

rolling a barb myself, shame they nerfed the azmodan powerleveling though.

wizard is @ 41k dps full glass cannoning, progressing through Act 1 inferno but I doubt i'll be able to do act 2 without some different gear, more defense oriented.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I feel like I am missing something. In diablo II I culd bring up the stats screen which would tell me what both of my currently equipped attacks would do (damage wise). Right now all I have to go on is the damage percent change (or I can do the math if I want to minimize the game and look up the damage multipliers for my skills), which doesn't work when comparing 2 handed weapons to 1 handed when my off hand has a damage stat of its own, either in strait damage or by buffing a stat.

In short, I don't know how to open the stat screen, and I am hoping I am just missing something really obvious and that it does in fact exist and give me the damages for all my skills.

I am also not entirely impressed that the damage multipliers are not listed in any of the skills, since that requires me to either look them up online, or find the stat screen I can't find and keep checking it after I change my skills. In this one respect, the game has taken a step backwards in usability.

I also like how I got to like level 6 wizard before using a different weapon, because I forgot that my spells are a damage multiplier of whatever I have in my hand. I do prefer wands though since they seem to be the only one handed magical weapons, and they still have a ranged blast if I try to cast a secondary attack without any arcane power, rather than swinging a staff or whatever at the air like a [wagon]. I also can't wait to have a few more runes so that some of the other spells become useable for my style. I really like the arcane orb so far for its pure crown control potential. And with the first rune, its still my highest damage output skill anyway, though I can only cast 3 times in a row.

Anyway, off to take a look at the game guide again :lol:

I don't think there is a stat screen other than that little bit that shows your attributes on the character/inventory screen. The button that says "show more" (or something like that) goes into a bit of detail, but I think that's what you're talking about...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I think that gives me the damage for my left click attack, which currently just leaves at least two more that dont. That's somewhat irritating, but I can live with it.

Wizards are still OP as hell lol.

Retired

wizard = WD basically.

DH is in a whole nother dps league.

@ Geed start doing skele king runs til you can do butcher runs

gearing for act 2 myself but I'm questioning the possibility without overhauling my entire gear/setup

enaidlool.png

wizard = WD basically.

Yea except WD has 2 viable builds and both are incredibly dull and not at all what I expect from playing a Witch Doctor.

Retired

i was talking DPS wise saying wizards OP they are tied for 2nd place out of 2 lol.

demon hunters blow everything out of the water compared to what a WD/Wizard can do

enaidlool.png

Once everyone is farming A4 inferno I think things will level out for the biggest part. Already high end barbarians are farming act 3 inferno. Because of their defensive abilities they can actually farm elite packs effectively instead of having to resort to kiting till you get oneshot. My barbarian is halfway through act 2 nightmare at the moment and I will make a 2H whirlwind barb work even if I have to farm every act from act 2 hell onwards.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is that whirlwind is fkin awesome.

Retired

THIRTY SEVENNNNNNNN

Retired

One thing I will note, is that Blizzard is now pulling a Jagex and not telling their players what is going on. I wont blame their customer support, because they are probably just as helpless as the players ranting at them, but they need to find someone who can weasle a response out of the tech team. Even if they give totally ass backwards eta's, people like time frames, so that they can wander off and try again later. It won't shut everyone up, but it will shut up many.

And I watched this afternoon as some players became unable to play the game, while others such as myself could, and Blizzard never acknowledged that they were even aware there was a problem.

Questionable buisness practices aside, the game is still very fun, even if I am still in Act III normal. I have decided there is really just one thing that jumps out at me. The sell value for items to npc's is terrible. It is just abysmal how little money you get, even for rare items. It's an obvious ploy, along with the fact that every character can use just about any item, and that just about any item can be useful to any class, to support their auction house, and more importantly, their RMAH, which Blizzard gets a cut of. I don't object to Blizzard making boat loads of money, because it should allow them to maintain their games (someday this game will stop being playable unless they release the other portion of the game code when the servers one day go offline for good), and make more epic games that cost money to develop. But I will always object to crafting your game like this in a way that is inconveniant, just so that you make even more money. The RMAH would have made plenty, even without this I think.

Once everyone is farming A4 inferno I think things will level out for the biggest part. Already high end barbarians are farming act 3 inferno. Because of their defensive abilities they can actually farm elite packs effectively instead of having to resort to kiting till you get oneshot. My barbarian is halfway through act 2 nightmare at the moment and I will make a 2H whirlwind barb work even if I have to farm every act from act 2 hell onwards.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is that whirlwind is fkin awesome.

Unless theres better parts I think the best 2 farming locations in inferno are Act I Warden --> Butcher and the bridge in Act III

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png