Diablo III

The Observer

I wonder what they'll do with the expansions. I assume there aren't anymore Evils around, leaving only the Angels... Hmm.

Speculation:

Evil never completely dies. And Adria is still alive.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

So the idea of the game is basically you hoard better and better stuff and level up your character, so you can kill more mobs my hack'n'slashing through a dungeon?

What a winner concept.

Those that say they played through it in X hours, was there any point in the game where your decisions mattered at all, or was it all linear?

Its an ARPG...what else were you expecting?

Sounds almost like RS though, doesn't it? At its essence, they are very similar.

I'm at around 32 hours played. Beat the first 2 modes. Hell mode is a CHALLENGE and its fun as heck. Level 52 barbarian. Much more fun in coop, if harder. Also fun if solo when talking in vent. GIving items to friends is win. I love it.

11 hours mostly coop to beat the game on normal.

12 on nightmare.

About an hour into hell so far.

note: playing with friends who work well together, and are all in the top >1% of WOW raiders also makes it much easier.

And gio is a well known troll/idiot. I'd advise just ignoring him lol.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Installing Win 7 on my new ssd atm then ill reinstall d3. I've been playing sporatically because im trying to not get ahead of my friend because were playing first playthrough together. It's hard to limit myself but it's making for a fun experience in vent.

Low_C.png

I've given the game a test spin on my laptop, and like it so far. It's limited though since my laptop can only barely handle it, so playing with low frame rate and pauses. Final verdict will come from my PC which will have no problems running it, though it might be a while before I can do that.

So far I've made three characters: Started with monk (currently a little bit into Act II), a Barbarian (Just beat the Skeleton King), and a Demon Hunter, which isn't very far at all. I'm kind of fickle in that if I find something that would help my barbarian out while playing as my monk, I'll stash it, then go play as the barb and level him up until I'm able to use it, then go back to the monk. So far I'm quite enjoying the game :thumbup:.

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JeQzJC-vS40

YOUTUBE EMBED, Y U NO WORK?!?!

wat.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I'm trying to resist making an alt before I have hell beat and good gear for my main and the alt. I like my witch doctor a lot it's just a shame that his primary low mana spells are all annoying to use or just dumb. I tweaked my build with a lot of mana regen to allow fire bat spam. My favourite skill is zombie wall though, with the 'pile on' rune I have zombies smashing into the ground for 765% weapon damage 0.0 (25 second CD ofc). Just got level 50 after killing Azmodan in nightmare mode. I already found a legendary hat that isn't very spectacular but at least I have the achievement now lol. With the random stat system it's too likely to have a better blue weapon than yellow (in fact I haven't used a yellow weapon since lvl 30) which is pretty dumb.

The game is brilliant imo and lives up to the hype. I've already had a lot of difficult fights in nightmare nmode. Can't imagine what it will be like having a chamion pack with frozen, mortar and jailer.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I agree with the whole Rare weapons being worse than Magic weapons most of the time, so I just salvage them. Seems pretty silly. Although I did find a pretty nice level 10 hand crossbow, which helps a ton at such a low level.

nightmare done lvl 50 mage 6.6k DPS atm

hell today + level 60 I hope

What? I am level 50 and I'm doing like 1.5k DPS, sitll have to clear act 4 though. Didn't get much gear upgrades though but still... Probably going to farm the mats for the secret pony level first though, seems too epic not to.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

nightmare done lvl 50 mage 6.6k DPS atm

hell today + level 60 I hope

What? I am level 50 and I'm doing like 1.5k DPS, sitll have to clear act 4 though. Didn't get much gear upgrades though but still... Probably going to farm the mats for the secret pony level first though, seems too epic not to.

The pony level is good, each rare creature drops atleast 2-3 magics and 1 rare. Only did it in normal mode thus far but i hear nightmare loot is insane.

As for my playing im at 25 hours and just completed ACT 1 in nightmare. I lost all my items due to blizzard so im rebuilding sadly.

Low_C.png

i've used the AH a bit, never spent more than 30k on a single item though, and most of them being ~10k or less.

also if you are a mage be using familiar and imbue weapon, these are huge DPS increases.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

i've used the AH a bit, never spent more than 30k on a single item though, and most of them being ~10k or less.

also if you are a mage be using familiar and imbue weapon, these are huge DPS increases.

I'm mage and I've been using a mixture of boosts and dps. Always have atleast a familar or imbue active. I like achron and the ice storm particularly well so i usually stick with those for dps.

Low_C.png

Level 26 monk, just finished Act II. Act III is insane by the looks of it :shock:.

How many times have you all died? So far I'm at one.

I wonder what they'll do with the expansions. I assume there aren't anymore Evils around, leaving only the Angels... Hmm.

Speculation:

Evil never completely dies. And Adria is still alive.

[spoiler=More speculation]I'm thinking Adria will be an expansion boss too. There's also the possibility of Melthael (missing Archangel of Wisdom) coming back and being corrupted or something.

In Act 2 of Nightmare Mode, work's kept me from playing much, so some friends and I made new characters since their main ones have levelled past my Barbarian. Nobody rolled a Barbarian in our new group of characters since they make everything really easy, I've found.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I'm really considering buying this now, but the price is rather steep (which is not really me blaming them but simply a reason; it's like $85 here which is really a put off - I spent more on Starcraft II but I haven't clocked more than 50 hours on it. If I continue to hear good things then I'll purchase it, but there's a lot of stuff going around about poor servers/lag in game etc (although the actual gameplay seems decent).

I'm really considering buying this now, but the price is rather steep (which is not really me blaming them but simply a reason; it's like $85 here which is really a put off - I spent more on Starcraft II but I haven't clocked more than 50 hours on it. If I continue to hear good things then I'll purchase it, but there's a lot of stuff going around about poor servers/lag in game etc (although the actual gameplay seems decent).

I haven't run into too awful much lag (a few hiccups at most), but it's been a week since release, so the post-release server flood has subsided.

Servers were down for a while yesterday but no more problems with lag or server crashes after that. I'm having a blast right now but I don't know how long the game will keep me hooked.

Level 54 with 4.5k dps on act 1 hell mode now, wiped for half an hour on the butcher with 3 people. I think it's a gear issue because we actually ran into an enrage timer. Every X seconds an extra area gets engulfed in fire and when there is only one left to stand on you get a one minute countdown. That's when the butcher finishes us off because we can't run away from him any more^^

I was hoping to progress into act 2 hell before being forced to farm because two thirds of the rares and blues are <lvl 50 and don't salvage into the hell materials:/. My one issue is the itemisation right now. When you get the right modifier on a blue weapon you have like 1k dps on it while the best legendary weapons are like 700 max. I don't mind the random loot but this has to be fixed because you can't realistically expect people to only use their legendaries when they roll an increased damage mod on them. I also just bought a lvl 54 blue 2h with 350 dps, good vit and good intelligence on it because it's stupid not to.

Retired

I really hate getting monk items that give a ton of Intelligence and/or strength boosts. Same for all of the other classes (in that they give stat bonuses that that class doesn't need).

I get so many int quivers...

Level 55 and I'm closing in on Maghda right now. Time for an outside break now^^

Retired

level 58 hell A2 belial atm, 17k dps wizard

can anyone confirm that nightmare cow level loot is actually worth something? don't want to spend 200k for jack shit atm

enaidlool.png

The pony level behaves just like any end of act 4 zone for its corresponding difficulty. You're better off farming NM act 4 or act 1 hell.

I am level 58 with 4.8k dps and 22k health right now. I really have to get some better gear because act 3 is too brutal. Problem is farming seems like such a waste of time before 60 and the NV buff. I haven't had a single good drop since act 2 nightmare. How do you have 17k dps?????????????????

EDIT: Oh yea and I'm getting error 37'd again right now.

Retired

The pony level behaves just like any end of act 4 zone for its corresponding difficulty. You're better off farming NM act 4 or act 1 hell.

I am level 58 with 4.8k dps and 22k health right now. I really have to get some better gear because act 3 is too brutal. Problem is farming seems like such a waste of time before 60 and the NV buff. I haven't had a single good drop since act 2 nightmare. How do you have 17k dps?????????????????

EDIT: Oh yea and I'm getting error 37'd again right now.

he's an ah slave :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use the auction house, I've never bought an item over 40-50k and most under ~20k. Good loot doesn't come too often, I've even abused infinite resplendants, inf champ spawns etc etc and not much to show for it.

Also I play in a party so I'm far more of a DPS role than anything, making me go more for a glass cannon than something that can survive.

E: oh and use magic weapon familiar and energy armor with the crit bonus for maximum dps from buffs.

enaidlool.png