Why Is Verac Good For PVP?

Danger_Dude

I hear lots of people saying how good Verac is for PVP (Wilderness, Dueling, Castle Wars, Fight Pits). I've not tried it yet, as I'm too poor, but I can definetly see Dueling, as I've seen firsthand it's ownage, Fight Pits it's alright, but what makes it so good for PKing?

Sure it hits through prayer, but I still think switching to another form of combat is better, it's pretty slow, doesn't hit THAT good, and can't really KO, what's the purpose for Pking then? I'd think Dharoks is hella better if you know what you're doing and have some gutz.

I hear lots of people saying how good Verac is for PVP (Wilderness, Dueling, Castle Wars, Fight Pits). I've not tried it yet, as I'm too poor, but I can definetly see Dueling, as I've seen firsthand it's ownage, Fight Pits it's alright, but what makes it so good for PKing?

Sure it hits through prayer, but I still think switching to another form of combat is better, it's pretty slow, doesn't hit THAT good, and can't really KO, what's the purpose for Pking then? I'd think Dharoks is hella better if you know what you're doing and have some gutz.

dharok hardly EVER pulls of the big hits in my experiences, 9/10 times ill kill a guy in dharok at duel arena without me being in real danger

ive beat 50 duels id say with people in dharok and probably 15 of those duels i hadnt lost more then 20 hp, which is much lower the axe its selfs default damage will do(at 80 str it does like at 25's i THINK)

of course it can pull of the lucky hits, if the guy is smart prays pots and whatever, or just lucky. theirs times where ive been killed by dharok when i barely did any damage, next duel with the same guy, i kill him without takin any damage ;)

i got VERY off topic about the verac issue. ill comeback to edit this with a response from jagex about hitting thru prayer.

this was taken from the runescape manual

Set Effect:

Defiler

Melee attacks have a chance to ignore the target's armour

my question about verac

Dear Jessy61071,

Thank you for your message.

Sorry for the delay of your message!

The full set of the Verac Set has a chance that every hit will ignore whatever "Armour" the target is wearing. It will not ignore any prayers or additional effects other than the base armour.

As for when using protection from melee against other players, the damage is not ingored like monsters, however it is reduced. For example weapons that would deal 40 damage may deal 20 or any figure there about.

Sorry again for the delay.

Hope this answers your query.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Mark H

RuneScape Customer Support

On 18th November 2005, you sent us the following:

does protect from melee reduce the damage dealth by 50% when in use on player versus player basis?

and does the "set effect" of full verac have a chance of "ignoring armor" or "hitting through" protect from melee, or does the set do both.

for proof that that wasnt made up verac5va.png

jagex customer support isnt always right, and yes it does hit through prayer...

it is not possible to hit a 20 through prayer with anyweapon, but somehow with veracrs u can...

this could easily be proved with someone wearing full verac and hitting someone with prayer..then taking off the helm and hitting them, they wont hit close to what the ywere

w4M8t.png

i killed full verca with my full guthan we were in the same lv i beat him 5-3

Quit telling me what I said was uncalled for, that didn't answer my question and was just dumb, I thought he meant in wildy so I guess I was a little harsh. But still no one has answerd my question really, which is why is Veracs so good for pking?

jagex customer support isnt always right, and yes it does hit through prayer...

it is not possible to hit a 20 through prayer with anyweapon, but somehow with veracrs u can...

this could easily be proved with someone wearing full verac and hitting someone with prayer..then taking off the helm and hitting them, they wont hit close to what the ywere

ive never seen verac hit its max thru prayer. some1 come find me and prove it. or let me prove it.

and jagex gives me this lame answer...thats nota a REAL answer, its some shrugged off generic answer.

Dear Jessy61071,

Thank you for your message.

The Verac set effect would be in place as long as you had the full set equipped.

It does not depend on fighting certain enemies to work.

Hope this answers your query.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Raf

RuneScape Customer Support

On 20th January 2006, you sent us the following:

does the verec set effect of so called "ignore armor" have any effect on npc's other the the kalphite queen?

i can verify it does hit through prayer without being reduced. at fight pits it was down to me and a level 112 with full veracs, i was praying and he was still hitting hard once in a while through the prayer

i just had a deul with a guy who was praying literally all of the duel, and eating all of the duel, and i hit a 21 on him with verac. now as 123yourgone said, it does "cut it in half" it reduces it like 3-40% not 50.

and my max with verac would be 31. and i hit a 21, i took 31 times it by .35 i got 10.5 as a result so 31-10.5 = 19.5 realitively close to what i hit. so it still leaves a doubt it my mind, but true cabbage is gonna verify this with.

Verac is good for PKing 'cause it hits through armour, making the opponements Rune, DH, or whatever, useless.

And about Verac hitting through prayer.. In PvP, protection prayers only protect from 50% of the attack. So that makes people think Verac can hit through prayer, which technically, it can.

Hope that cleared up the two main questions in this topic. =)

Kostyaf.png

Verac is good for PKing 'cause it hits through armour, making the opponements Rune, DH, or whatever, useless.

And about Verac hitting through prayer.. In PvP, protection prayers only protect from 50% of the attack. So that makes people think Verac can hit through prayer, which technically, it can.

Hope that cleared up the two main questions in this topic. =)

the reduction of damage, is not 50% its close to it. or so say some people. people think it totally hits their max when protecting from melee. and nothing else. unfortunately theirs no proof for any of this, their might not even be a "special" for verac. but it hits soo well on dharok armor their HAS to be something.

verac1we.png

so, verac is proven to hit thru prayer. the pic was not doctored. and my max with verac is 30-31.

this actually is a "bug" verac is not supposed to hit "through" prayer, or hit higher then 40% of its max hit or whatever the exact forumla for protect from melee is

The hitting through prayer option isn't the most important part. The real reason its so good for PVP is that it hits through ALL protection... armor, prayer, no matter...

With player armor protection, PVP ends up being zero after zero. When Verac ignores the protection there are many less zeros, and is the most effective overall prolonged attack. Dharok can get you with one hit, but Verac will hit you more.

Thats why so many use it Fight Pits. And at the duel arena, duelers avoid anyone wearing it. And keep in mind it also has the best prayer bonus in the game, by far.

All this has probably been said, but I didn't have the gumption to read through all of the replies when I know what I want to say. :P

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

The hitting through prayer option isn't the most important part. The real reason its so good for PVP is that it hits through ALL protection... armor, prayer, no matter...

With player armor protection, PVP ends up being zero after zero. When Verac ignores the protection there are many less zeros, and is the most effective overall prolonged attack. Dharok can get you with one hit, but Verac will hit you more.

Thats why so many use it Fight Pits. And at the duel arena, duelers avoid anyone wearing it. And keep in mind it also has the best prayer bonus in the game, by far.

All this has probably been said, but I didn't have the gumption to read through all of the replies when I know what I want to say. :P

The reasons that you just mentioned is exactly why you will never hear a verac brag that they beat a guthan, while the guthan (on the off chance that they get a win) will be like "PMG m33 g07 4 v3r4c k1ll!1!0mg pl0x!!1!!"

Racist against Guthan? What are you talking about...guthan isn't a race :lol:

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

The reasons that you just mentioned is exactly why you will never hear a verac brag that they beat a guthan, while the guthan (on the off chance that they get a win) will be like "PMG m33 g07 4 v3r4c k1ll!1!0mg pl0x!!1!!"

Racist against Guthan? What are you talking about...guthan isn't a race :lol:

seriously, you make no sence at times.

when i fun duel, i ALWAYS look for the "big" "bad" people in dharok torag guthan and verac. just so i can duel them in full rune to knock that chip off their shoulder. and a BIG mistake people in dharok make, taking the armor OFF for a minute...wow yeah thats a bad idea when a 109 supper potted and prayer is d dagger specialing you.