Mailing Service

Bad911

With the recent holiday cheer, I've found that actually making someone's Christmas year harder than it should be (irl and online).

Suggestion:

There should be a mail service for sending packages and letters. With the reintroduction of free trade, I don't see why not. If you want to make it more medieval-esque, just turn it into some sort of "pigeon/elf/gnome" service that I saw suggested in 2007. Maybe make it similar to how lent items are returned, or create a real job for Postie Pete.

Anyways, hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and let us get this some attention shall we?

Extended Suggestions:

Support List:

Bad911

GrandZephy

zezumier

D_V_Devnull

Kimberly

Carbi

spling

I support an in-game mail system that will allow you to send items as well as offline text messages.

If this was to be implemented I would like to use mailboxes or banks to get the items/messages.

(On a side note I wish they would also let you write "books" in-game as an item that you can trade off)

I support an in-game mail system that will allow you to send items as well as offline text messages.

If this was to be implemented I would like to use mailboxes or banks to get the items/messages.

(On a side note I wish they would also let you write "books" in-game as an item that you can trade off)

Yay, one supporter.

And books would be cool, diaries, and calenders.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Add me to the support list. :thumbsup:

Heck, maybe Jagex could charge 10 gp per in-game RuneScape Mail sent. It would drain some gp from the economy, and maybe cause gp to be worth more. :-k

~D. V. "Support... mail charge optional..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

'Your pigeon has failed to deliver the message, your item has been lost, do you wish to send another pigeon to get the item back to you?!'

I always wanted an update like this! +1 :D

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I support, since it's always annoying to not be able to tell someone something or give them something. Recently I wanted to give 10m to a friend to completely clear my bank before starting DIY, and they weren't on for like a week.

[hide=Account stats]
taltin_yc.png
rennn_diy.png
[/hide]

My DIY Blog

One flaw I can see with this is this would allow items to be exchanged between multiples accounts a person owns much more easily, which is something that Jagex is against currently. I like the idea but I just don't see it realistically happening unless Jagex has a change in policy stance. (Which they seem to be doing a lot lately with micro-transactions/gambling/rwt/etc so maybe it is feasible :P)