Poh's and carpentry.

sychospy

Do u think that poh's and carpentry r going to be released during this year, if yes, do u think they r going to be for f2p?

"hasta la victoria siempre."

Beated Monkey madness lvl76.

Beated haunted mine at lvl 77.

cmb +75 and total +930 all stats +46 before p2p.

Al f2p stats +50 (15/02/08)

a.) no

b.) definitley not.

they may put carpentry in, but poh's, definitley not. they've been talking about poh's since back in RSC.

they aren't going to be f2p, cuz f2p isn't getting anymore updates, period.

I personally have high expectations that it will be released this year... they made an estimate that it would be released at the end of last year, and they didn't deliver it then so I don't think they will hold it off for another year... at least I hope not.

And no, I don't think POHs will be F2P. That's a definatly not.

why should they be f2p?

if you are too cheap to pay a measly $5 a month, you dont deserve any updates...you should just be happy you get to play a game like this for free.

Some people aren't "too cheap", but just cannot; their parents may not want to pay for an online game, while some cannot due to economic reasons. Please do not instigate f2p vs. p2p flame battles here.

And no, they probably won't be for f2p. Just look at Jagex's record for f2p updates.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Some people aren't "too cheap", but just cannot; their parents may not want to pay for an online game, while some cannot due to economic reasons. Please do not instigate f2p vs. p2p flame battles here.

You are SO right there! My parents would definately say no to paying for an online game :P

i hope that carpentry and player-owned shops and houses come out this year. i think a lot of people are looking forward to it, and jagex will work extra hard to make it come out as soon as they can to save face from a disappointing no-show last year. but i think most of the community will flame jagex for the skill when it comes out because they will say its either too boring or too useless or too hard o train. when you raise your hopes up things like this usually happen

obviously it wont be for f2p. besides steel nails and planks there is absolutely no materials or tools that f2p can use in carpentry. all the items will be member items

come to think of it, why would rebuilding the mort'on temple not be a carpentry task instead of a crafting skill? that could have been the first step to carpentry, and maybe that was the original idea, and they released it for crafting instead of holding out till carpentry was released... strange...

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

why should they be f2p?

if you are too cheap to pay a measly $5 a month, you dont deserve any updates...you should just be happy you get to play a game like this for free.

And no, they probably won't be for f2p. Just look at Jagex's record for f2p updates.

If I was in enough economic distress that I could not afford a $5 a month game. I would probably stop playing the game and get a job so I wouldn't have to worry about my money woes.

On-Topic-

They will probably come out the begging of summer vacation.

No.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

im hoping it is released. the way i see it, it will be set up like farming because saying there are about 100,000 members thats a lot of pohs, but if you invite someone in the house they will somehow be able to come in your house. not sure how that would work. and no it wont be f2p. f2p does not benefit jagex in anyway so why should they give benefits to f2p freeloaders

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not getting mad when it doesn't come out. I still don't have 99 in every skill, so have no reason to complain that a new skill isn't out yet.

And, I would stake my reputation (yeah, the little one in the corner) on the fact that it will be P2P only ;).

Raichase, quit Runescape.

Time issues really, nothing against the game itself. Something had to go, and it happened to be the addictive game that costs money to enjoy :)

Best of luck to all of my friends here!

why should they be f2p?

Your an AS mod what do you know about RS :lol: (Only playing with ya weez :P)

But i can see this turning into another "j00 to ch32p 0nly 5 d0llor @ M0nth"

flamewar3tl.gif

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

dude pls no more "should f2p get this" in a question. you should have left it at "will carpentry/POH come out this year." even though im a f2per, i just end up getting aggravated (along with every other f2per) when certain members come in, calling f2pers scum/freeloaders/its only a demo etc etc. gets a bit old and the f2pers dont deserve to read that dribble that comes out of some p2pers mouths. dont get me wrong, most p2pers say no and give a half decent reason. its those that feel that their $5 a month makes them a higher being than the rest of us. so, for everyones sake, pls bring an end to the should f2p get ___" topics. thanks.

Stallion4589.png

They've been promising POHs and Carpentry since RSC and it's been at least two years and nothing yet. Sure, hope springs eternal but I wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't come out this year.

It definitely won't be F2P. If every single person in RS (including F2P and P2P) tried to have their own house, it would be totally ridiculous. Imagine 100,000s of houses in RS. There'd be houses one after the other, total deforestation with people trying to build even more houses to level Carpenty; it would be absolute chaos.

And when, I suppose it's not "if" anymore, JAGeX releases these two long awaited updates, it would be a big incentive for people to fork over their money to JAGex's greedy little fingers. :twisted: