Is getting a Fighter Torso worth it?

Dusk Souls

Statistically, your plate is better defence wise, just lacking a strength bonus, so I would say keep your plate. And regarding is it worth it, at your level I don't think so, but if you enjoy BA, and have maxed out all your roles, feel free to go get it.

Defence wise however it is comparable to an addy plate

A torso needs about 150-200 hours of meleeing (on task) to be worth it. Off task you would be using void, which is a better usage of your time to get.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Statistically, your plate is better defence wise, just lacking a strength bonus, so I would say keep your plate. And regarding is it worth it, at your level I don't think so, but if you enjoy BA, and have maxed out all your roles, feel free to go get it.

Defence wise however it is comparable to an addy plate

I was curious because in almost all other threads it seems that maxing strength bonus is a priority, perhaps I am looking at it from the wrong angle. As for doing BA... I haven't done it ever hence why I was asking if it was worth it, I wouldn't want to waste a lot of hours for something that might not be worth it.

A torso needs about 150-200 hours of meleeing (on task) to be worth it. Off task you would be using void, which is a better usage of your time to get.

I think I'll wait a bit before getting Void, right now I think I will be only able to use the novice Lander and I am not sure if that is the best thing to do...

Dusk%20Soul.png

Maximizing strength is important after your defence level suffices and is able to provide you with the necessary coverage, but I wouldn't worry about that too much now. Try BA and see what you think.

I was curious because in almost all other threads it seems that maxing strength bonus is a priority, perhaps I am looking at it from the wrong angle.

Maxing strength bonus is a priority, but you have to remember that most equipment upgrades in that regard are very small, marginal changes. The reason they're worth it is the low opportunity cost--if you're not upgrading your gear, you're sitting around with a big pile of money in your bank that isn't doing anything, so you might as well spend it on something.

Untradable gear doesn't work that way, since you can't just trade your extra cash for it, you have to actually go out and DIY one. So you have to actually give some thought to whether it's worth the time it takes to obtain it. In the case of the Fighter Torso, the short answer is no, it isn't worth the time it takes to obtain it.

There were times where I had to sell my bandos to fund some skills, in those occasions the fighter torso was convenient to fall back on. Also BA is a decently fun minigame with good rewards like torso, penance gloves, filling horn, colouring weapons, etc, you should try it sometime anyway.

2480+ total

First of all thanks for all the advice.

Second I decided I might try BA to see if I enjoy it, If I do I'll probably try to get the Torso, does anyone knows how much time is it to get the Torso?

Dusk%20Soul.png

TBH if you do enjoy BA, the Torso isn't actually the best way to spend your points. You'll want to spend them on mining or agility XP, or on leveling up your favorite roles. Those give you much more bang for your buck.

TBH if you do enjoy BA, the Torso isn't actually the best way to spend your points. You'll want to spend them on mining or agility XP, or on leveling up your favorite roles. Those give you much more bang for your buck.

Depends on how you look at it reallly...

Double agility xp at level 27 is godly (and mining too for that matter). The courses/ores at that point are so slow. Of course there's Skoll boots right now.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

First of all thanks for all the advice.

Second I decided I might try BA to see if I enjoy it, If I do I'll probably try to get the Torso, does anyone knows how much time is it to get the Torso?

Took me about 3-4 hours with pretty bad teams in W6. I never use my torso anymore since I have bandos but at lower levels I used it, personally I don't think it's all that worth it though...

I never use my torso anymore since I have bandos

That's the other problem with it--unlike MA rings or defenders or Void or various quest gear, it's not actually the best gear for its slot. So when you eventually get the better gear, it ends up becoming obsolete, and then it just sits in your bank being useless.

I enjoyed getting my torso so i would say yes, it is worth it :) but indeed if you got the money for bandos (not to hard these days) skip torso and get bandos chest. Better spend you points on fighters hat for pvm instead

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

And why not hedge? Using the penance horn on mining btw.. You dont win time with it if you spend in on mining. Plus mining 95 till 99 gives you 15 mill gp if you are using the penance horn it is 7.5 mill while you are spending the same amount of time. Filling the horn takes the same amount of them as the time you win with the double xp you get :P For firemaking you are waisting time.. My advice is to use it on agility if you want to skill with it. Or get once again a fighters hat for the str bonus that you may find usefull at killing bandos

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

And why not hedge? Using the penance horn on mining btw.. You dont win time with it if you spend in on mining. Plus mining 95 till 99 gives you 15 mill gp if you are using the penance horn it is 7.5 mill while you are spending the same amount of time. Filling the horn takes the same amount of them as the time you win with the double xp you get :P For firemaking you are waisting time.. My advice is to use it on agility if you want to skill with it. Or get once again a fighters hat for the str bonus that you may find usefull at killing bandos

Last I checked, you can charge BA horn faster than it takes to deplete*, if you profit from mining you are doing it wrong (btw its ~20m if you are banking it all**), and fighter's hat didn't give a str bonus***.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Before you get a torso, i would level up all the roles to lv5 so that you can finish ba much more easily. The game is quite fun and enjoyable to me though so your millage may vary...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Fighter's hats are inferior to Neitiznot helms, which are essentially free. You need to be under 50% accuracy for it to even be worth considering, even then, the time you save using it comes no where near the time you lose obtaining it.