Void Equipment

vleademir

I currently have full normal void armor and the range helmet. I am about to do the quest The Void Stares Back, which unlocks the elite armor. After the quest I will have the elite torso. So should I get the rest of the armor elite? should I save my commendation points for a melee helm? Should i work toward a deflector? Any advice appreciated, along with the reason behind what you suggest. Thanks

~Vleademir

Vlead.png

Working towards a deflector (which you should) will provide commendations that'll go towards upgrading the robeskirt to elite and a melee helm. The elite void gear gives +4 prayer over normal void for each piece (so +8).

Deflector: Yes. Getting rating up provides commendations (as mentioned) but also allows you to switch out another void piece and retain the void bonus given by the helm. For instance, using deflector + acp whilst chinning to provide better range bonus (or some crap like that).

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

In response to your questions: Yes. Yes. Yes. BXP has provided the valid reasons for obtaining Elite Void, the Deflector and the Void Helm (and gloves). In a nutshell, it's armour worth having and, for the most part, it will be pretty much the only armour you will every truly "need" ...

nyuseg.png

Obtain the melee helmet before you get the elite pieces. If you find it to your liking, then you can get elite, and then the deflector. The thing is, elite doesn't provide anything other than more defence bonuses, which is very nice and useful, but isn't as important as the other pieces (not counting deflector). The deflector is used as a final piece "augmenter", but I haven't gotten it yet, so I'm not a reliable source of opinion. I'm getting it last because I have a full Zammy book and therefore don't need it as much.

Obtain the melee helmet before you get the elite pieces. If you find it to your liking, then you can get elite, and then the deflector. The thing is, elite doesn't provide anything other than more defence bonuses, which is very nice and useful, but isn't as important as the other pieces (not counting deflector). The deflector is used as a final piece "augmenter", but I haven't gotten it yet, so I'm not a reliable source of opinion. I'm getting it last because I have a full Zammy book and therefore don't need it as much.

The prayer bonus on elite void is what makes it worthwhile.. and I don't think it gives a buff to the defensive stats.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

The prayer bonus on elite void is what makes it worthwhile.. and I don't think it gives a buff to the defensive stats.

Err, that is what I meant. >.> I mistyped thinking about the deflector.

Not quite. Just checking now, the Elite top differs from the standard one only by +4 prayer, and the robe by +4 prayer and +15 Summoning defence. Other than that, they're no different, but +8 prayer on your armour alone is invaluable for training, since you should be using prayer with void.

I tell everyone that if they have elite void and don't have a deflector, they're not using it to its full potential. For example, ditch the dragon defender and void gloves for the deflector and rfd gloves and you get an extra +6 strength and some extra defence at the cost of -13 in melee attack bonuses. In most situations that you'd use it in, and considering the accuracy bonuses void melee gives you anyway, that's an extremely good trade.

If course, you can replace the gloves with Hati gloves, or the body with a Sacred Clay body.

Finally, the deflector lets you ditch the frankly horrible body piece for mage and range, neither of which have particularly good shields anyway.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

In order of usefulness, I think this is what you should work for:

Void melee helm>Void deflector>Elite void robe bottom

Melee helm set gives arguably the best offensive bonuses off-task. The deflector gives you a lot more choice with your equipment depending on the situation, and RFD gloves+Deflector is generally better than Void gloves+Dragon defender. Elite versions only give +4 prayer each, so they aren't terribly useful, but still worth getting for sure.

P.S. Don't bother with the mage helm, unless you plan on using multiple void sets to save inventory space. Generally speaking, void mage is worse than Ahrim's by quite a bit. Its uses are niche at best.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

In response to your questions: Yes. Yes. Yes. BXP has provided the valid reasons for obtaining Elite Void, the Deflector and the Void Helm (and gloves). In a nutshell, it's armour worth having and, for the most part, it will be pretty much the only armour you will every truly "need" ...

This & what Paul, Will and Cheefoo said :P.

Void deflector offers the highest raw damage output for melee (with barrows/goliath gloves and rapier, no slayer task of course). Regular void ranged provides the highest ranged damage output (with hand cannon) and deflector provides the highest ranged damage output that doesn't blow up in your face (rune knives w/ acp).

Basically, any time you have at least 146 strength bonus, regular void offers a higher max hit than Bandos + barrows gloves + Neitiznot helm. For void deflector, that is 86+ compared to defender/Bandos/Neitiznot helm.

For ranged, void deflector is always better damage output than non-void gear (for chaotic crossbow). Defence doesn't matter, it's always better.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If I may hijack the thread a little, on average how long would it take to get a the robe, bottom, gloves and melee helmet? Also from what I understand both Conquest and Pest control give commendation points for it, what would be a better option to get them?

Dusk%20Soul.png

If I may hijack the thread a little, on average how long would it take to get a the robe, bottom, gloves and melee helmet? Also from what I understand both Conquest and Pest control give commendation points for it, what would be a better option to get them?

850 for whole set

Since you're pretty low level, you'll be using low level lander (also assuming themed world since I don't recall there being any low leveled PC clans). At the very best you can complete a run in about 2 mins 30 seconds, but since you sometimes lose, miss a lander, take longer than 2 mins to finish a clear itself, or have to wait for a lander to fill up, make it around 3:30 for a run.

Should take you 20-30 hours to obtain full set using standard PC.

Hard to say how long Conquest will take, but I recall the rate being roughly equivalent to using the lander that you would normally be able to use, so still probably 20+. I personally find this is a lot more enjoyable since you actually get to think and get some variety in play, but you also don't get CB xp.