Tipping

Da Pirates

Tipping is not expected in Czech Republic . You usually only tip the waiters, bartenders etc. if you know them personally or if you go there regularly or if you want to act rich and generous n front of a girl :-D (or in fron of the barmaid even ;-)) . In most pubs, bartenders get paid by their employers according to how much have people spent during the week and it's up to the bartenders themselves how active they are refilling people's glasses, being nice to them so they'd have higher profits and the people would come again etc. I do tip if I order food delivery from a restaurant that delivers for free (i.e. when the price would be the same if I went there myself). I take it as a form of bonus VAT even though I know that the delivery price is in fact included both in the delivered and the on-place food...

goro.png
[spoiler=Skill level siggies are a so 07]tipit_siggy.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This depends on the country, in the US tips are usually higher than in many European countries for example, the difference between cultures is often experienced first hand by people who work in Hotels, etc... Vacation locations...

Not always Giordano. I've seen plenty of tip jars/tip cups in fast food places like McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts. But they don't treat you like shit if you don't tip. It's basically a place to put that extra 14 cents change that you don't want to carry around.

Well I've never seen that. They were always donations to the Ronald McDonald Charity. :razz:

As for waiters who demand tips: at least you got a [bleep]ing job.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg