Tipping

Da Pirates

Seriously, who does this? You are basically paying people to do their job - which is the duty of their employer. Maybe people should find a new job if they complain about the pay being low. You shouldn't have a salary that has the majority dictated on how much the consumers give you.

Thoughts/Opinions?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I somewhat agree, tipping should be a reward for doing a good job, not something that's expected every time.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

God forbid you should give your thanks for an outstanding job performance.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

It's just the right thing to do in my eyes. NOw I may not tip someone 15% like others do, but I always tip at least 10%. I see where you are coming from. Why should I give a tip when it's their job? I don't know but it feels right to me at least. Plus really...who is going to complain over 3-5 extra dollars? I know some stingy people but they will always at least tip 10%. In my opinion if you have enough to pay for the meal but not enough to tip then you shouldn't be going out to eat.

And to answer the second poster, if the waiter does a half-ass job or doesn't seem very pleased to be hosting me I will not tip them and inform a manager about their performance.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Who the [bleep] tips at McDonalds?

I tip when it's appropriate.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

God forbid their employers base a portion of their pay on tips.

This. Many salaries are (legally) low, since employers figure that they will make up for it in tips. In Canada, jobs like bar-tending have a sub-minimum wage hourly wage, because of tips.

I only tip when I feel it is deserved. If a hair-cutter gives me a bad haircut, or if my server is rude, then no, I won't tip them.

So do you expect me to tip a McDonalds employee for not [bleep]ing up my order?

In my opinion their is a difference between a fast food burger and at least a medium end restaurant.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

What I dislike is how people are expected to tip even when the service is bad or average. Plus I don't understand why waiters get the tips, when they probably do the least work.

"Oh, you ever so graciously brought my pre made hamburger on a tray from the kitchen which is 3 feet away. Here's a 3 dollar tip."

Yeah no. Come on now.

"Oh, you ever so graciously brought my pre made hamburger on a tray from the kitchen which is 3 feet away. Here's a 3 dollar tip."

Yeah no. Come on now.

"Oh you ever so graciously chose a seat for me and took 40 minutes to make my meal. He's a $25 tip"

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

(Correct me if I'm wrong here, but) Don't most restaurants divide tips between waiters and kitchen staff?

Not anywhere close to evenly. Where I work my tips work out to about $2 an hour, while the waiters are going home with double to triple their wage in tips.

Tips shouldn't be accounted for wages, but unfortunately they are and protest shouldn't be taken out on the backs of those working. I tip for jobs that I know are badly paid(like for hairdressers) and (which is how it really should be done) if a waiter or something does a very good job, more than you would normally excpect.

I tip based on quality of service like if I really enjoy the food, or the hostess/waiter did something extra to enhance my experience I will tip well. However if food is awful, or the the general service is mediocre/ below my expectations I will tip little to non at all. Same goes with bars.

I feel some people believe tipping is an automatic thing that you should do, when it's not. I believe the whole purpose of tipping has lost it's purpose.

tFtfA.jpg

I've never tipped anybody and I don't know anybody living here (Australia) who has. Never been tipped, either, so I have no real opinion on the matter.

Pay shouldn't be balanced around tips, people shouldn't expect tips, people shouldn't make a big deal about tipping.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I tip if the job is done well. Otherwise, I don't. If you don't want to tip then don't, but I don't see why you should rage over other people doing it. :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I will tip if my server does an extraordinary job or if I particularly like my haircut. But I will absolutely not if they didn't work for it. A tip should never be automatic or expected and people who expect one will never get one from me. It makes me mad when I hear people complaining that a customer didn't tip them.

Because what's the point in paying more for a service you didn't particularly find worth more than what you paid for it? I agree that people should not make a big deal about it.

1.png
generic_signature.png

Even hairdressers are tipped in america?

I tip even though I don't want to, I just feel as if I'll be judged if I don't. When I travelled around Europe for three weeks, eating out pretty much every night, I must have spent a fortune tipping.

Wages really shouldn't be based around tipping. We should all hate whoever first decided to do that.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I've come to understand that there's a big difference in how the tipping system works in different countries. Tipping is your way of saying to your waiter if they provided a particularly good service in a restaurant. Not tipping is perfectly fine if you have received bad service. In the UK, putting a minimum tip on the bill, or a 'service charge', is considered extremely bad form since it assumes that the service was good in the first place, and is likely to cause the customers not to return. All mandatory costs should be included in the menu, written in the local currency, not as a percentage.

I find the concept of people potentially being paid a salary below minimum wage, then the tips used to make up for it, is repulsive and immoral. Making sure the tips go to the waiters who were given them, after the minimum wage, is the spirit of the law in the UK, but I don't know how well it works in practice.

~ W ~

sigzi.png