Tip.it Monster Hunt - Zamorak's Fortress

tmht-banner.png

Two days of Zamorak God Wars!

K'ril Tsutsaroth (and his minions) - Coinshare

Time and Date

We have two events going on on the Friday and Saturday, feel free to come to whichever suits your timezone best, or both! :D

• Date: Friday 27th January
    Time: 6:30PM PST - 9:30PM EST - 2:30AM GMT (on Saturday)
    World: W48
    Friends chat: "Dark X Nick"
    Co-hosts: Komodo Jo

bla_1327717800.png

• Date: Saturday 28th January
    Time: 6PM GMT - 1PM EST - 10AM PST
    World: The world will be specified at the time of the event
    Friends chat: "Octarine"
    Co-hosts: Ambler3, Ezkaton, Dir Ko Maar

red_1327773600.png

Server and Location

• We will meet outside the Zamorak boss room within the God wars dungeon. You will need 40 Zamorak killcount to enter the boss room, so be sure to plan time to do this before the event is scheduled to begin. Killcount can be had on low level monsters such as imps. See the tip.it
Zamorak guide for more information. Coinshare will be enabled for the whole event.

K'ril Tsutsaroth

• K'ril is one of the highest level monsters in the God Wars dungeon, and should not be underestimated. He will focus on one target and attack them with melee and magic, so at least one of these attacks should be blocked by a protect prayer. If you use Protect from Magic/Deflect Magic, he will occasionally use a melee attack which hits through prayer, dealing unblockable damage and draining a few prayer points. Additionally he can also poison his target, meaning anti-poison potions are a must. See his
bestiary entry for more information. There will be TMHT members at the event who are prepared to act as the 'tank' so it is advised to let them engage K'ril first.

All other players in the room will not come under attack by K'ril, however his minions can still pose a threat, so it is suggested to use Protect from Magic (if wearing melee armour) or Protect from Ranged (if wearing ranged or mage armour) while they are alive. After K'ril has been killed, the minions should be finished off in this order; Balfrug Kreeyath (while praying magic), Tstanon Karlak (praying melee), and finally Zakl’n Gritch (praying ranged).

Inventory & Equipment

• All set-ups should either bring a Beast of burden (such as a Pack yak/War tortoise/Spirit Terrorbird) carrying brews and restores (or food) OR use a healing familiar such as a Unicorn stallion or Elemental titan.
    Overloads can be downgraded to the appropriate boosting potions for your style, however if not using overloads it is recommended to use Rocktails/Sharks and Prayer potions instead of Saradomin brews and Super restores.
    Antipoison potions are only required if you intend to tank K'ril, and there will be a TMHT member on standby with Cure runes incase anyone accidentally gets poisoned.

[spoiler=Melee Set-ups]tmht_bandosmeleezamorak.png

tmht_voidmeleezamorak.png

Melee users should use Protect from Magic while the boss and minions are alive. Melee users wearing void should pray Protect from Ranged. Other high defence melee armour can be used as a replacement for bandos. The void set-up is for those who are confident in their healing options and/or soul split flashing.

[spoiler=Magic Set-up]tmht_magiczamorak.png

Magic users should use Protect from Ranged while the boss and minions are alive. The robes and shield can be upgraded/downgraded as desired. The Storm of Armadyl spell can be downgraded to the Polypore staff for a cheaper alternative. 

[spoiler=Ranged Set-up]tmht_rangedzamorak.png

Ranged users should use Protect from Ranged while the boss and minions are alive. The crossbow can be substituted for a Hand cannon for those with high firemaking, however additional cannons should be brought, armadyl armour or dragonhides should be used as a replacement for void, and an alternative weapon will be required to get killcount. 

See the tip.it Zamoraks Fortress guide for more information on tactics and set-ups

Requirements

• 70+ Constitution
    60 Agility OR 60 Strength.
    A Zamorak item (
Zamorak arrow recommended)
High combat skills will be beneficial.

Friends Chat Ranks

• The Main host will be the Chat owner, or will have a Gold Star in the chat.
    Silver stars are CO HOSTS.
    Bronze Stars are other TMHT members.
    Please note all three of these ranks will have the ability to kick members from chats, should we need to.
    Players who wish to join the hunt can post on this thread, PM the host ingame, or join the chat before the event :) everyone will be added for coinshare so don't worry!
    If you need assistance, feel free to Private message a Host/Co-host, or ask in the chat. All leaders are happy to help you with gear choices and inventory setups, should you be unsure of what to bring.

EDIT: Those unfamiliar with the mechanics of the God Wars dungeon may wish to read this guide: God Wars Dungeon

See you there! :D

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I might put in an appearance... might.

I noticed, in your melee setup, you showed full bandos. Personally, I would advise people to bring a mage tank top switch, JUST incase kril does happen to get on you.

Also, if you are in void/mage setup, pray range, as opposed to mage, as the range really destroys low defence.

meamzed.png

I noticed, in your melee setup, you showed full bandos. Personally, I would advise people to bring a mage tank top switch, JUST incase kril does happen to get on you.

Also, if you are in void/mage setup, pray range, as opposed to mage, as the range really destroys low defence.

In that case if K'ril gets on you with bandos on you'd just pray mage :P although good point about void, I'll change that.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

In that case if K'ril gets on you with bandos on you'd just pray mage :P although good point about void, I'll change that.

praying mage is ineffective unless you happen to have ely/divine/torva, you just get destroyed by his melee.

meamzed.png

praying mage is ineffective unless you happen to have ely/divine/torva, you just get destroyed by his melee.

Protecting mele means he can still hit through it. just slightly lower, praying mage means you block 100% from 1 of his 2 attacks .

I would much rather block 100% of mage and tank mele compared to blocking 50% of his mele and still tanking 50% mele and 100% magic.

Most of my greater demon tasks are done at zammy GWD duo with ffa split and full bandos protecting magic works just fine (:

It is 100% up to you on what you choose for a setup though.

tmht-banner-medium-1.png

[spoiler=Rare Drops/Splits (Feb 2013 - ??)]

21m84sy.png

Can't wait for this :D

Killing Zam is Oct and my business, and business is goooooooooooooood! Yeaaaaah booooi!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Should be fun, I'll be at the second event. (As the co-host thing suggests) 2.30am isnt really my style for the first. :lol:

This is our first offical offical event as TMHT. :blink:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Protecting mele means he can still hit through it. just slightly lower, praying mage means you block 100% from 1 of his 2 attacks .

I would much rather block 100% of mage and tank mele compared to blocking 50% of his mele and still tanking 50% mele and 100% magic.

Most of my greater demon tasks are done at zammy GWD duo with ffa split and full bandos protecting magic works just fine (:

yea, bandos works if you are maxed, but, also, your comment melee pray blocks only about 50% damage is incorrect.

1:melee pray blocks all melee attacks, EXEPT his special rrwrwrwragh attack.

2:his normal melee hits max up to 450 or so, where as his mage hits up to 300(generally 150-200)

3:his special attack hits through prayer, 1/2ing your prayer points and hitting from 350-490.

4:he only specs if you are praying melee

meamzed.png

I wish to join...but I R NUB. Noob friendly setup?

d hdie top and veracs skirt works :) whip and defender or a dfs. then the standard neit helm, d boots, etc

I can handle this...surprisingly! and 80 hps soon, huzzah, i'll be there

Bagman10.png

Bagman10.png

I'll probably come to both events, as they are both at times that work for me (and I can't pass up a boss hunt! :-D ). Bring on the hilts!

[hide=Drop List]Barrows items: 65+
Barrows double item chests: 4 (2 in one night!), Triple Item Chests: 1 --->None of these came from "double loot" events
Dragon Drops: 4 skirts, 5 legs, 5 left halves, 18 med (7 - barrows, 9 - KBD, 2 - M. Bloodveld), 2 Spears, 62 Boots, 1 Dragonfire shield (PVP'd off my friend), 8 Axes, 1 Claws, 1 Visage, 1 Pickaxe, 1 2H, 3 Longswords, 18 Daggers, 7 DDS, 2 Maces
Slayer Heads: 2 C. Hand, 6 Cockatrice, 1 Basilisk, 6 A. Demon, 5 KBD, 2 KQ
Whips: 11, Dark Bows: 3, Ranging Ammy: 2, Whip Vine: 2, Black Masks: 8, Focus Sight: 1, Hexcrest: 4, Granite Legs: 2, Staves of Light: 3, Effigies: 36
Spirit Shields: 7, Hand Cannons: 32, Dragonstones: 50+, Challenge Scrolls: 1 (skeleton)
DKs: 3 Warriors, 3 Berserker, 2 Archers, 2 Seers, 8 Axes, 4 Battlestaves, 1 Seercull
GWD: 4 Sara Swords, 3 Saradomin's Whisper, 1 Saradomin's Murmur, 1 Armadyl Crossbow, 1 Sara Hilt, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 1 Bandos Helm, 1 Armadyl Helm, 1 Armadyl Boots, 2 Zammy Spears, 4 Boots of Subjugation, 1 Gown of Subjugation, 2 Garb of Subjugation, 1 Hood of Subjugation, 15 GS Shards
Glacors: 1 Ragefire Boots, 2 Glaiven Boots, 1 Steadfast Boots, 1 Staff of Armadyl crafted

QBD Drops: 10 crossbow pieces

Boss Pets: KBD (after only 5 kills) [/hide]
4c27eb4fa1.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png

yea, bandos works if you are maxed, but, also, your comment melee pray blocks only about 50% damage is incorrect.

1:melee pray blocks all melee attacks, EXEPT his special rrwrwrwragh attack.

2:his normal melee hits max up to 450 or so, where as his mage hits up to 300(generally 150-200)

3:his special attack hits through prayer, 1/2ing your prayer points and hitting from 350-490.

4:he only specs if you are praying melee

I only put 50% There because I didnt know the exact number and I knew for a fact that he DO still hit with mele while protecting, Thanks for the info though (:

tmht-banner-medium-1.png

[spoiler=Rare Drops/Splits (Feb 2013 - ??)]

21m84sy.png

Ill be at the second, can't make first due to sleep. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Sorry guys, didn't pay attention to time frame and realized that I'll likely be eating while it's taking place. I'll come if I can, but no promises. :angry:

icer.png
QZ1B8.jpg

Ill be at the second, can't make first due to sleep. :lol:

Sorry guys, didn't pay attention to time frame and realized that I'll likely be eating while it's taking place. I'll come if I can, but no promises. :angry:

Food? Sleep? This is Runescape we're talking about! Get your priorities straight!!!

:P

[hide=Drop List]Barrows items: 65+
Barrows double item chests: 4 (2 in one night!), Triple Item Chests: 1 --->None of these came from "double loot" events
Dragon Drops: 4 skirts, 5 legs, 5 left halves, 18 med (7 - barrows, 9 - KBD, 2 - M. Bloodveld), 2 Spears, 62 Boots, 1 Dragonfire shield (PVP'd off my friend), 8 Axes, 1 Claws, 1 Visage, 1 Pickaxe, 1 2H, 3 Longswords, 18 Daggers, 7 DDS, 2 Maces
Slayer Heads: 2 C. Hand, 6 Cockatrice, 1 Basilisk, 6 A. Demon, 5 KBD, 2 KQ
Whips: 11, Dark Bows: 3, Ranging Ammy: 2, Whip Vine: 2, Black Masks: 8, Focus Sight: 1, Hexcrest: 4, Granite Legs: 2, Staves of Light: 3, Effigies: 36
Spirit Shields: 7, Hand Cannons: 32, Dragonstones: 50+, Challenge Scrolls: 1 (skeleton)
DKs: 3 Warriors, 3 Berserker, 2 Archers, 2 Seers, 8 Axes, 4 Battlestaves, 1 Seercull
GWD: 4 Sara Swords, 3 Saradomin's Whisper, 1 Saradomin's Murmur, 1 Armadyl Crossbow, 1 Sara Hilt, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 1 Bandos Helm, 1 Armadyl Helm, 1 Armadyl Boots, 2 Zammy Spears, 4 Boots of Subjugation, 1 Gown of Subjugation, 2 Garb of Subjugation, 1 Hood of Subjugation, 15 GS Shards
Glacors: 1 Ragefire Boots, 2 Glaiven Boots, 1 Steadfast Boots, 1 Staff of Armadyl crafted

QBD Drops: 10 crossbow pieces

Boss Pets: KBD (after only 5 kills) [/hide]
4c27eb4fa1.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png
Komodo_Jo.png