MTK

vleademir

I'm actually curious; do all these calcs, including Grimy's, take the seeds from maple nests into consideration? Or is it just accepted as a gamble?

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I'm actually curious; do all these calcs, including Grimy's, take the seeds from maple nests into consideration? Or is it just accepted as a gamble?

I know that RW's calc did NOT include seeds at one point; not sure about now.

The profit back on Grimy's does include seeds and is quite accurate; I don't have any hard numbers on what the rates are though.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

wait, so according to the docs thing I should have as much as possible in raw fish and the rest in mining?

if so then damn cos ive had it in herbs and maples all month :L

Yep, but you can retroactively change what items you collect. I just put my workers on whatever, and when I go to collect after a few months, I change what they are working on. Voilà! It will be as if they had been collecting that resource all along. :thumbup:

2435/2475

wait, so according to the docs thing I should have as much as possible in raw fish and the rest in mining?

Yep, but you can retroactively change what items you collect. I just put my workers on whatever, and when I go to collect after a few months, I change what they are working on. Voilà! It will be as if they had been collecting that resource all along. :thumbup:

really? so if i changed it next time i visit, i wud only get raw fish and coal stuff when i claim? ive never left my kindom for long periods of time before :L

Muckytears.png

really? so if i changed it next time i visit, i wud only get raw fish and coal stuff when i claim? ive never left my kindom for long periods of time before :L

Correct. Though you don't want to leave it in for more than a few months because you will start hitting limits.

2435/2475

I actually did this. I had my pure's MTK on maples and coal for quite a few months, and right before i collected i changed it to maples and fish. Not a single piece of coal when i collected :thumbup:

Abet it wasn't the SMARTEST thing to do; collecting months worth of MTK without calcing it first. But if you bookmark Grimy's spreedsheet, it's easy to find out.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Personally, I do herbs+maples because I just make potions out of the herbs and then sell them. It drastically lowers the profit but I like the cheap herblore xp. The maples are for the seeds; if I get a magic, yew or maple seed (in conjunction with potions) it pays for the whole day quite nicely.

Bionic Yoshi.png

99 cooking: 10/24/10

Personally, I do herbs+maples because I just make potions out of the herbs and then sell them. It drastically lowers the profit but I like the cheap herblore xp. The maples are for the seeds; if I get a magic, yew or maple seed (in conjunction with potions) it pays for the whole day quite nicely.

<_<

It makes much more sense to make more profit than to make less profit, no? With more profit from fish/coal, you can buy more herbs and get more xp.

Edit @ above:

oh wow thats really nice to know. sorry for sorta hijacking this but its OT, but whats this limits thing? ive heard of people leaving their kingdom untouched for like a year to see how much they could get. if there is a limit then this would be stupid

The only limit I know of is that you can't have more than 1k nests.

Edited by Lord_Paul

2435/2475