Prayer training

crabman27

Hi, i've just raised enough money to get me from 72-95 pray and brought about 30k dragon bones. I haven't trained prayer in so long that i've forgetten the exact way to use guilded alters.

Just basic things like: 1) Do I need to move my house from the desert?

2) What teleports do I use?

Finally I think I do have the con level to build an alter (although it's about 2m) but is it easier to use open houses, and if so where do I find them?

Sorry for asking pretty basic questions but I just cannot remember!

Having your own house is very worth it, especially since you have that many bones to offer. It doesn't matter where your house is located, as you will using the teleport to house spell (you can use tabs if you want). Just bring 2 clean marrentil and light both of your incense burners before you start offering. Fill the rest of your inventory and the best bob you have with bones and go to town.

You can 'take bob' without it interrupting the offering process, which is nice.

Edit: I just calced it real quick, and using tabs costs 600k extra and saves about 16.5 trips (assuming you have tinderbox in toolbelt, use air staff, and use war tortoise)

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

.Edit: I just calced it real quick, and using tabs costs 600k extra and saves about 16.5 trips (assuming you have tinderbox in toolbelt, use air staff, and use war tortoise)

What good does the air staff do if you're using tabs?

Sportz.png

July 28, 2009 - 9817 to 99 Hunter
March 14, 2010 - 27,605 to 99 Fishing
June 26, 2010 - 2000 Total Levels Reached
August 19, 2011 - 26,541 to 99 Mining
March 29,2012 - 2200 Total Levels Reached

March 27, 2013 - All skills 85+

Comparing regular teleports to tabs, he's assuming you are not paying for air runes if you use teleports (and not using the inventory space). You can also use tome of frost + air staff + laws in inventory which beats tabs I believe (not worth the 40k tokens but still).

tome of frost wont help much since house teleport is law/air/earth

:wall:

Right, that's MA teleport.

Also, it's a gilded altar, covered in gold leaf. Guilded would be covered in clanmates.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

There is pretty much always an open g altar at w31 yanille. Owners usually keep them lit pretty well. They will also have a quest hall next to these altars for rapid tele's to edgeville to reload familiars. Then just teletab to your house (at yanille) and repeat.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

Edit: I just calced it real quick, and using tabs costs 600k extra and saves about 16.5 trips (assuming you have tinderbox in toolbelt, use air staff, and use war tortoise)

You could wield a law staff and use dust runes. Same number of bones per trip as tabs but cheaper.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Also, in addition to having the altar right by the portal, try having a room with a mounted glory right besides the altar room. It spares a lot of time instead of using a glory that is on the other side of the portal garden or something like that.

Why is glory better than duel ring? Duel ring takes no inv space and teleports right next to a one click bank.

By using a quest hall glory, you wouldn't need to replace your dueling ring. Whether its saving a (very little) amount of gp or just forgetting. Not big but...

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

Why is glory better than duel ring? Duel ring takes no inv space and teleports right next to a one click bank.

By using a quest hall glory, you wouldn't need to replace your dueling ring. Whether its saving a (very little) amount of gp or just forgetting. Not big but...

Using a glory takes 10 extra seconds maybe? You have to run to the glory from the altar, and then it's a longer run to the bank. You'd have to value your time at like 70k/hr for it to be worth it.

Hell, even if it takes 1 second longer with glory, you still have to value your time at under 700k/hr for it to be worth it.

2435/2475

Using a glory takes 10 extra seconds maybe? You have to run to the glory from the altar, and then it's a longer run to the bank. You'd have to value your time at like 70k/hr for it to be worth it.

Hell, even if it takes 1 second longer with glory, you still have to value your time at under 700k/hr for it to be worth it.

You can "Rub Glory" as soon as your last bone is offered and then you run fast and all, so it doesn't take more time to leave the house. It probably takes longer to re-bank, but it would take less time than if you had to withdraw another dueling ring.

There is also the laziness argument. I don't like having to remember to grab another piece of teleporting jewelry, I do that enough runecrafting through the abyss.

You can "Rub Glory" as soon as your last bone is offered and then you run fast and all, so it doesn't take more time to leave the house. It probably takes longer to re-bank, but it would take less time than if you had to withdraw another dueling ring.

There is also the laziness argument. I don't like having to remember to grab another piece of teleporting jewelry, I do that enough runecrafting through the abyss.

You are missing the point; you'd have to value your time very low in order for glory in poh to beat ring of duelling. And if you forget your ring of duelling, that's what wearing a glory is for. It's not that hard to remember when your jewelry breaks since you are actually watching it disappear when you teleport.

2435/2475

You are missing the point; you'd have to value your time very low in order for glory in poh to beat ring of duelling. And if you forget your ring of duelling, that's what wearing a glory is for. It's not that hard to remember when your jewelry breaks since you are actually watching it disappear when you teleport.

I don't really care about something so small. To me the hassle of switching out dueling rings is not worth the time saved (in terms of total time or gp equivalent for time). If you figure 800 trips to the altar over your whole prayer training life, that is 100 dueling rings. And I know it would only be 100 new-ring-grabs and not much money, but I'd say using a dueling ring (if there isn't multiple same-familiars) saves maybe a grand total of 10-15 minutes. ....zzzzz.....

Anyone is obviously welcome to do their own thing, but so many other larger factors play into xp/hr than whether you use mounted glory or dueling ring.

Might I interject that there is always the option of the Dungeoneering Ring which offers infinite teleports near a bank, or (I believe) cheaper and better alternative teleport called the games necklace which drops you off right on the bank.

Imo Dung Ring has a way too slow teleporting animation and isn't that close to a bank, unless you make money killing goblins, it's not worth your time.

Games necklace truly is better, I guess I am just too used to good old duel rings.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August