The Back Room

stevepole

yeeeeeeeeeeeeees please kings landing looks amazing

no i havent read the books i just chose the coolest name on wiki, friend has leant me game of thrones and its on my to-read list though gg

cool can we start it today please

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

That sounds like a lot of fun. I won't be able to mod because I don't know anything about the series, but it would be fun to play. :)

Rocco/Grim, interested?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Hah, looks like we need Archi again. *poke*

:D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Sure I'll play.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

While I happen to have a keen understanding of medieval royal politics, I have no idea about the world that this series takes place in. Honestly, I probaly wouldn't be able to keep true to the story and end up swerving way off course. The house relations are probaly more complicated than I think, so it would probaly require entirely new game mechanics.

Hence why I think the game deserves someone that understands the books. That's why Napoleanic Hegemony was so fun with Dusty in charge.

^

Like Dungeonal

Well if Dungeonal needs to update things, maybe write the OP and send it to him in a PM, so he can copy-paste?

Could someone give a summary of the factions to a newbie? :)

NO MAGIC NO MAGIC NO MAGIC

This.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Retech, the land is divided after the largest houses, the ones who are trusted and supported by the royal family which lives in King's Landing.

Each family has a maester, a wise man who acts as researcher, librarian, notekeeper and doctor, he is taught in the Citadel, in Oldtown, Highgarden. A maester's professions are shown by the links on his chain, each topic he masters earns him a single link, each of a different metal depending on the topic. The grand maester recides in King's Landing.

There are also three religions; the old gods upon which the Starks and Arryns pray are the gods of the legendary children of the forest, their churches are the godswoods and their altar's are the heart trees out of which eyes have been cut and the sap has hardened to make them seem real, godswoods can be found in the north, in the vale (though without trees in their mountaintop castle of a capital), one in King's Landing and all over the place north of the wall. Then there's the water god of the iron islands, the people there are baptised by drowning themselves and being brought back to life. And lastly there's the Faith of the Seven, the most common religion, they pray to the Father, the Mother, the Warrior, the Maiden, the Smith, the Crone and the Stranger, the priests are called Septons and the High Septon recides of course in the Grand Sept in King's Landing. The septas are "nuns" of this religion, yet act as teachers of household skills to children all over Westeros.

And last there is the Wall, it is not a nation, but a physical wall of ice over 200 meter tall and about as wide as the Kingroad, covering the entire width north of... the north, separating the rest of Westeros from the wildling tribes and creatures that live beyond it, among the creatures that live there are direwolves, giants and mammoths as well as other, much nastier things. It has catapults and cranes on top to make things easier for the men, which they need.

The wall is guarded by the Night's Watch, once a glorious position but now a place where criminals and bastards are sent. Once a man has sworn fealthy to the Night's Watch, leaving or wedding is a crime worthy of execution whatever place in Westeros he may be found. Along the wall are many towers, most of which have decayed, though some are kept in good shape as they are used. The Night's watch is undermanned and constantly needs more men.

If you need any specific info then just ask.

Magic exists, but is rarely practiced (because about 1/500,000-1/1,000,000 people can use it), much less so for combat pourposes.

Dragons also exist but they have seemingly been extincted in Westeros (though they were introduced in the first place by the Targaryens), but they are native to some land far to the east.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

So what are the playable factions?

Post medieval would be better, they have a variant of Roman fire. So let's say the game starts as late medieval and we can progress to the rennaissance.

Also, in actuality the King has no power other than over his own house, it is the fact that the large houses follow him that make him important.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1