Want comp cape. What should i do?

Powerfrog

Well my end goal in runescape is comp cape, but at the moment I really can't decide what i want to do.

I have ~180m bank but still want to increase it a lot more for ideal pvm gear and to merch with while i train. I can temporarily blow most of it on items such as dragon pickaxe to help increase speed of course.

So can someone choose a skill/task to do that will be or near the optimal speed of achieving said skill/task while still making a profit/breaking even. (Mining conc gold, for example, but I'm not gonna mine yet as I'm relying on citadel xp for 80.)

Stats are in sig.

CNqWHdA.jpg

If you do 5 snap runs and 1 calquat run each day, you'll get 99 farming and ~400m profit in a little under 400 days. I would stick with this option unless you hate farming herbs religiously or you plan on maxing in under 400 days. If you get T2 greenfingers, expect an additional 40m profit.

If you want it in basically half the time with half the profit, tack on 6 papaya trees each day.

Cooking rocktails usually profits and is nice for afking.

I'd wait out firemaking until we see how bonfires are. The Jadinko lair is good if you are looking for cheap firemaking xp, and it actually is pretty good.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Do runespan for 99 rc. If you want to maximize efficiency, get it along with all other skills to 98 and dg to 120. This will cause minimal overkill in terms of xp after 99 in any given skill.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Personally I'd look into the most useful comp cape reqs such as Livid Farm, deflector, quests, tasks etc. and get those first. Especially Livid since it awards major farming xp which would take you straight into torstol farming, or most of the way there anyway. Trimmed reqs are optional but if you want a diversion that's also somewhat in line with your goals they can be quite fun (choc ices are really nice).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Finish off 94-99 Defence with Slayer, imo :thumbsup:

How many quests have you done?

I would imagine that he is taking that route along with cannoning.

33 quests to go.

Thanks for pointing that out :rolleyes:

So yeah, I'd finish off all the quests too, they usually supply a decent amount of exp/useful items/training methods.

(eg, Do No Evil, monkey knife fighters)

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

Personally I'd look into the most useful comp cape reqs such as Livid Farm, deflector, quests, tasks etc. and get those first. Especially Livid since it awards major farming xp which would take you straight into torstol farming, or most of the way there anyway. Trimmed reqs are optional but if you want a diversion that's also somewhat in line with your goals they can be quite fun (choc ices are really nice).

I've been thinking about livid as i could use all the xp it will give and the spells could possibly have some use, but again don't really want to spend much cash at the moment. I've pretty much done all the quests that give me something notably useful, the rest will come very slowly whenever i feel like questing.

I doubt I'll do many herb runs at all. I absolutely despise all the travel and I'm the type of person that can't stop whatever I'm doing, do the run, then get back into it. Will probably start planting trees once every blue moon, though.

I'm gonna go look up the entire list for comp cape to see if there are any i should get before 99s/will be fun.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Finish all tasks, they give a chunk of exp. Stuff like all characters to lvl 99 in temple trekking required by the tasks also offers a bit of exp.

Make sure the task xp goes on slayer, so make sure its 91+

Use all quest xp/lamps troll etc on slayer. Since rc is now afkscape

Farm herbs to 99 as you are low on cash

Do the most efficent way to train your skills e.g mine+super heat @ lrc

Make sure you leave skills at lvl 96 or 97, depends on how many effigys u might get etc

Do livid farm before u max con/agility/magic

Get Jot aura

Mine flask daily etc

Thats all i can think for now

Perhaps do livid farm straight away, it'd give you a nice bit of farm xp as well as getting one of the more tedious non skill based requirements for comp done straight away. Then maybe get the stats to be able to do all tasks - the xp from which you should use on slayer in your case. All effigy xp that you get from slayer (they're still 1 in 300k-400k or so slayer xp), you should put on slayer too. If you can't stand herb runs you need a way to make at least a few hundred mill to do buyables; learning to merch or doing some pvm is pretty much the only option until you build up enough to get a dice rank (assuming you're not morally against that sort of thing).

I also find setting milestone targets helpful whilst skilling; I find going straight from say 70-99 in pretty much everything except buyables/hunter/thieving pretty difficult. So going for all 80+, all 90+, all 95+ etc. can help keep things varied. Also don't feel you have to do the absolute maximum efficiency method all the time. For example if one day you really can't be bothered to do C2 fishing and would rather afk rocktails, don't force yourself to do C2 fishing, you'll end up logging off and getting less xp than if you'd just done rocktails (if you're anything like me that is).

Asmodean <3

Perhaps do livid farm straight away, it'd give you a nice bit of farm xp as well as getting one of the more tedious non skill based requirements for comp done straight away. Then maybe get the stats to be able to do all tasks - the xp from which you should use on slayer in your case. All effigy xp that you get from slayer (they're still 1 in 300k-400k or so slayer xp), you should put on slayer too. If you can't stand herb runs you need a way to make at least a few hundred mill to do buyables; learning to merch or doing some pvm is pretty much the only option until you build up enough to get a dice rank (assuming you're not morally against that sort of thing).

I also find setting milestone targets helpful whilst skilling; I find going straight from say 70-99 in pretty much everything except buyables/hunter/thieving pretty difficult. So going for all 80+, all 90+, all 95+ etc. can help keep things varied. Also don't feel you have to do the absolute maximum efficiency method all the time. For example if one day you really can't be bothered to do C2 fishing and would rather afk rocktails, don't force yourself to do C2 fishing, you'll end up logging off and getting less xp than if you'd just done rocktails (if you're anything like me that is).

Very valuable advice that i try to follow.

I'll log on runescape to train, or to have fun, when i want to have fun i usually do some PVM and make cash. It could technically be less than the most efficient way to make cash, but it's really that, or not logging in at all.

That said, i don't think cash is going to be an issue, I'll have more than enough from PVM before i get anywhere near maxing the unbuyables. I also flip, which gives slow consistent cash.

I was thinking about using effigies on agility instead of slayer, but I'm not really sure what the xp rates are. I've been treating slayer as a buyable, planning to skip all slow tasks and cannon/soa everything else.

CNqWHdA.jpg

If cash is not going to be a concern and if you are planning on SOA'ing your slayer tasks, why are you even bothering to find profitable/break even skilling methods?

Because i feel like training something right now at optimal speed, while I'm low on cash, and in between training i can do PVM whenever i want to, and make the cash for the buyables. Money makes money and if i train prayer for 170m I'll struggle to merch and PVM for more money with my limited bank.

I'm not looking for a way to train crafting at 1m profit an hour with 30k xp an hour in place of 300k xp an hour for 1m loss... I'm looking to train fishing at 400k profit an hour 110k xp an hour compared to 0 profit and 115k xp an hour, for example.

All that said, i bought the runes for livid farm, until the group veng spell. I can live with losing 10m, and the spells/xp will be quite handy. :D

CNqWHdA.jpg

If cash is not going to be a concern and if you are planning on SOA'ing your slayer tasks, why are you even bothering to find profitable/break even skilling methods?

Because i feel like training something right now at optimal speed, while I'm low on cash, and in between training i can do PVM whenever i want to, and make the cash for the buyables. Money makes money and if i train prayer for 170m I'll struggle to merch and PVM for more money with my limited bank.

I'm not looking for a way to train crafting at 1m profit an hour with 30k xp an hour in place of 300k xp an hour for 1m loss... I'm looking to train fishing at 400k profit an hour 110k xp an hour compared to 0 profit and 115k xp an hour, for example.

All that said, i bought the runes for livid farm, until the group veng spell. I can live with losing 10m, and the spells/xp will be quite handy. :D

I would like to give a suggestion for Farming. I currently have 70 Farming. This summer I plan to get it to 99 on a 126-day plan that costs around 62m. Bt if youre looking for a very faster way to get i there, I may have something for ya.

This method would cost you around 120m not including profits.

10 Yew Trees each day (2 runs) will cost 1.4m a day. This is the only bomb on the financial plan. Which is why I will be doing only 10 Maple Trees, or 5 Yews a day. But 10 Yews will give 70k experience daily. For 77 days, 5.4m xp. This is 105mil gold total.

4 Papayas Trees each day (1 run) will cost 130k a day. Not bad, but only giving about 25k exp each run. After 77 days, about 1.9mil is recieved, and costs 10m. -I only do 4 trees because I don't have the quests required for all 6 patches.

40-50 Fellstalk seeds each day (6+ runs, depending on disease) Costs about 90k daily if you do 6 runs. Some Evil trees give fellstalks as a reward. Total, it will cost about 6.9m. Total experience: about 3.8-3.9m.

Lastly, the good ole Calquats. (1 run) costs 19k a day, and after 77, 1.5m. 12,096 exp daily, and 931k exp total.

Now it's time for the devastating math: 108m + 10m + 7m + 1m = 123m. But, Fellstalk herbs (8m), cactus spines (9m. if you check 6x a day), papayas 2.5m), and yew logs (2.5m) can heal that a little.

123m - 8m - 9m - 2.5m - 2.5m = 101m. This takes 77 days, for speed, of course. If you choose to do the 126-day plan, which is everything shown except 10 Maples in stead of 10 Yews, it slices that 101m by more than half.

This may be way more than you wanted to know, but I'm a stats kind of guy and I like to use math for everything in this game :)

Fort Wayne.png

I would like to give a suggestion for Farming. I currently have 70 Farming. This summer I plan to get it to 99 on a 126-day plan that costs around 62m. Bt if youre looking for a very faster way to get i there, I may have something for ya.

10 Yew Trees each day (2 runs) will cost 1.4m a day. This is the only bomb on the financial plan. Which is why I will be doing only 10 Maple Trees, or 5 Yews a day. But 10 Yews will give 70k experience daily. For 77 days, 5.4m xp. This is 105mil gold total.

4 Papayas Trees each day (1 run) will cost 130k a day. Not bad, but only giving about 25k exp each run. After 77 days, about 1.9mil is recieved, and costs 10m. -I only do 4 trees because I don't have the quests required for all 6 patches.

40-50 Fellstalk seeds each day (6+ runs, depending on disease) Costs about 90k daily if you do 6 runs. Some Evil trees give fellstalks as a reward. Total, it will cost about 6.9m. Total experience: about 3.8-3.9m.

Lastly, the good ole Calquats. (1 run) costs 19k a day, and after 77, 1.5m. 12,096 exp daily, and 931k exp total.

Now it's time for the devastating math: 108m + 10m + 7m + 1m = 123m. But, Fellstalk herbs (8m), cactus spines (9m. if you check 6x a day), papayas 2.5m), and yew logs (2.5m) can heal that a little.

123m - 8m - 9m - 2.5m - 2.5m = 101m. This takes 77 days, for speed, of course. If you choose to do the 126-day plan, which is everything shown except 10 Maples in stead of 10 Yews, it slices that 101m by more than half.

This may be way more than you wanted to know, but I'm a stats kind of guy and I like to use math for everything in this game :)

Few comments:

What herb will you be farming until you reach fellstalk? You shouldn't be profiting from yews as it's better to have the farmer chop it down for you. Thirdly, why in the world are you going to farm fellstalk? It's pathetic profit. Take a look at this.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Last I checked, the opportunity cost of fellstalk was around 20 gp/xp, so some people may find it (financially) worth it. Although the small amount of xp makes it almost irrelevant.

Furthermore, the OP could just do his 6 papayas every day and get 99 farming before he makes (with time to spare).

Few comments:

What herb will you be farming until you reach fellstalk? You shouldn't be profiting from yews as it's better to have the farmer chop it down for you. Thirdly, why in the world are you going to farm fellstalk? It's pathetic profit. Take a look at this.

Thank you for mentioning that flaw, but to answer the question, I would just farm the herb as highest of level as i can. And again, I didn't say I was looking for profit, I'm just trying to get the fastest experience as I can.

Fort Wayne.png